• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier23

Banned
That series didn't age well.
Really? I can see how that could be the case with H&D, but I find it really hard to believe H&D2 could have aged that badly. Need to replay it. It's been many years, but what an amazing game it was.

Some HB leftovers.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Javier23:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-38418852F2414B9E - Taken by Loptous. 6 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-8820A02AD1F85F16 - Taken by PaulSane. 9 entrants total.
EVEOnline 30-day Trial Access Code -- MB-1E2113E82DCBB578
Killing Floor -- MB-DB8CB19FDC17E3AD - Taken by GrinningColossus. 1 entrants total.
Killing Floor - Chickenator DLC -- MB-4E1DB329CB2D625D
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 1 DLC -- MB-1255534C87AA6A37
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga -- MB-914803D7857DD324 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter - Balance of Power Campaigns -- MB-FDA8FB324DDAF2F8 - Taken by Zeknurn. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-49EE9224AD2D97DC - Taken by Valxal. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -- MB-9A819B00C7D47C32 - Taken by Shalashaska. 11 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-F7BF7E415090DA00 - Taken by lazerfox. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-CE65E65E72929F21 - Taken by Tonton. 10 entrants total.
Star Wars Starfighter -- MB-9C80C0ACD08040E8 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance -- MB-87940154207451DA - Taken by KainXVIII. 3 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-8925D47F855A17CF - Taken by Regginator. 8 entrants total.

t1487874993z1.png

Lomax

I think the thing people forget about Sega is they've never seen themselves as niche and clearly still don't. The same goes for Squeenix. 500k in revenue for something like Atelier Sophie is probably considered good, but a million in revenue to Sega is probably considered not worth the time and effort. Look at Disney, they ditched Infinity even though it was number one in the market and generating hundreds of millions in revenue. You can't compare these things in a bubble. To the biggest companies, pc is still very much a "small market" compared to the consoles. We can say they are leaving money on the table, but companies have finite resources and they are always looking for the highest rate of return for that time and money. Plenty of them see putting those three or four more people on their AAA project as being more worthwhile than onto a pc port, whether we think that's smart or not. They see GTA and CoD numbers as the goal, and no small pc port is ever going to achieve that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my isp bumped up my fibre to 200 mbits but my downloads didnt go up that much (certainly not up to 20megs), Steam is capping at 11ish megs per sec.

But at least now my internet doesnt come to a complete crawl when I get that speed, I can actually do other shit like post this, so...yay?

edit: also that new BeMine groupees bundle seems terrible, and the BeMines were the ones where they still had some good stuff so lol on that bemine sub :/

MUnited83

For you.
my isp bumped up my fibre to 200 mbits but my downloads didnt go up that much (certainly not up to 20megs), Steam is capping at 11ish megs per sec.

But at least now my internet doesnt come to a complete crawl when I get that speed, I can actually do other shit like post this, so...yay?

edit: also that new BeMine groupees bundle seems terrible, and the BeMines were the ones where they still had some good stuff so lol on that bemine sub :/
Hard to call it terrible when almost nothing has been revealed for it yet lol. I think I might even bite on the 21$ tier for the annual be mine subscription. Finally something I can use my Groupees Coins on that isn't a bundle of terrible eroges.

Wok

Hard to call it terrible when almost nothing has been revealed for it yet lol. I think I might even bite on the 21$ tier for the annual be mine subscription. Finally something I can use my Groupees Coins on that isn't a bundle of terrible eroges.

I don't think coins are usable to subscribe.

madjoki

You can't use Groupees Coins for sub tho.

Hah you think they're going to let you use coins to pre-order that bundle?

Parsnip

I'm both happy and annoyed that multiple people in this thread have played more Sophie so far than I have.
Haha.
Chances are that you'll probably be better prepared for post game stuff though, I've been kind of just hastily throwing together some of the recipes for accessories and stuff that I probably should try and improve. I imagine you are more methodical with yours.

Is that the one with Tormented Beast? Because if yes, then yes it has also destroyed me.
Yeah. I still also have few of the extra bosses (that have achievements tied to them) left and those are also real pieces of work.

I think I need to try and find some accessories or something to counter negative status effects, those are what are proving most lethal. No Heal in particular, as you might expect.

The DLC dungeon actually made me realize one other thing I kind of don't like about the game, and that's the way it limits item usage to certain party members. It feels like if I want to be survivable, I should have as many alchemists in my roster as possible and that feels a bit weird. Like, most of the recovery items that aren't food can only be used by alchemists and that kind of sucks. If Sophie goes down in my party, she's gone for good because no one else can use any of the KO revival stuff (at least the ones I have). It's weirdly limiting.

Regginator

Don't forget my script for making ModBot giveaways even better ;)

https://github.com/petetnt/neogaf-monkeybot

banner.png

Great script, man!

I do have a little tip for you that would make this even better though, if it's possible. As it is now, every game that you don't own has a hyperlink that automatically links to the PM screen to ModBot (like this). But I think it would be better if they'd link to their respective (Steam) store pages. Would that be relatively easy to add? That would make it even better.

Non-owned games are now hyperlinked like this:

screenshot_1geb3w.png

Wok

I do have a little tip for you that would make this even better though, if it's possible. As it is now, every game that you don't own has a hyperlink that automatically links to the PM screen to ModBot (like this). But I think it would be better if they'd link to their respective (Steam) store pages. Would that be relatively easy to add? That would make it even better.

True. This was bugging me as well. Sometimes the script won't detect a game which I already own, so I want to check by myself prior to entering.

Ascheroth

Haha.
Chances are that you'll probably be better prepared for post game stuff though, I've been kind of just hastily throwing together some of the recipes for accessories and stuff that I probably should try and improve. I imagine you are more methodical with yours.

Yeah. I still also have few of the extra bosses (that have achievements tied to them) left and those are also real pieces of work.

I think I need to try and find some accessories or something to counter negative status effects, those are what are proving most lethal. No Heal in particular, as you might expect.

The DLC dungeon actually made me realize one other thing I kind of don't like about the game, and that's the way it limits item usage to certain party members. It feels like if I want to be survivable, I should have as many alchemists in my roster as possible and that feels a bit weird. Like, most of the recovery items that aren't food can only be used by alchemists and that kind of sucks. If Sophie goes down in my party, she's gone for good because no one else can use any of the KO revival stuff (at least the ones I have). It's weirdly limiting.

That's why I've made Life Bangles for all my characters.
HP Recovery and Auto Revive each turn.
They're literally zombies now and can only die for real if they're all killed in the same turn :p
Which kind of posed a problem against Tormented Beast, because he couldn't kill them fast enough and I couldn't outdamage his lifedrain either...
Currently working on the Harmonium weapons to fix this, because I was still cruising along with Tier 3 weapons^^

I was really drunk and bought For Honor at full price on steam, played through the god awful campaign, and then remembered I never play Multiplayer games for longer than a few hours.

No ragrets

Megauap

Great script, man!

screenshot_1geb3w.png

For some reason the In-Library icon next to the games I already own doesn't appear. I verified that my API key and Profile Name are correct but still nothing, just the hyperlink to PM Modbot.

Endruen

Great script, man!

screenshot_1geb3w.png

My only problem is that it doesn't work well with the "NeoGAF Live Thread" addon.

Parsnip

That's why I've made Life Bangles for all my characters.
HP Recovery and Auto Revive each turn.
They're literally zombies now and can only die for real if they're all killed in the same turn :p
Which kind of posed a problem against Tormented Beast, because he couldn't kill them fast enough and I couldn't outdamage his lifedrain either...
Currently working on the Harmonium weapons to fix this, because I was still cruising along with Tier 3 weapons^^

I have a few life bangles with revive, does the revive work multiple times in one battle? For some reason I assumed it would be once per battle type of deal.

But yeah, I'm getting one shotted by some of the attacks on that boss and with the way the later bosses are doing multiple attacks per round, I'm not doing very good there. I don't have a lot of HP, should probably pump some points there next.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Javier23, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 15 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-38418852F2414B9E - Taken by Loptous. 6 entrants total.
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-8820A02AD1F85F16 - Taken by PaulSane. 9 entrants total.
EVEOnline 30-day Trial Access Code -- MB-1E2113E82DCBB578
Killing Floor -- MB-DB8CB19FDC17E3AD - Taken by GrinningColossus. 1 entrants total.
Killing Floor - Chickenator DLC -- MB-4E1DB329CB2D625D
Killing Floor - Community Weapon Pack 1 DLC -- MB-1255534C87AA6A37
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga -- MB-914803D7857DD324 - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing vs TIE Fighter - Balance of Power Campaigns -- MB-FDA8FB324DDAF2F8 - Taken by Zeknurn. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-49EE9224AD2D97DC - Taken by Valxal. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -- MB-9A819B00C7D47C32 - Taken by Shalashaska. 11 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-F7BF7E415090DA00 - Taken by lazerfox. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords -- MB-CE65E65E72929F21 - Taken by Tonton. 10 entrants total.
Star Wars Starfighter -- MB-9C80C0ACD08040E8 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.
Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance -- MB-87940154207451DA - Taken by KainXVIII. 3 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-8925D47F855A17CF - Taken by Regginator. 8 entrants total.

t1487874993z1.png

Ascheroth

I have a few life bangles with revive, does the revive work multiple times in one battle? For some reason I assumed it would be once per battle type of deal.

But yeah, I'm getting one shotted by some of the attacks on that boss and with the way the later bosses are doing multiple attacks per round, I'm not doing very good there. I don't have a lot of HP, should probably pump some points there next.
Yes, there are no limits to how often it works in one battle. But it's not particularly helpful on it's own if you lack general survivability and can't do enough damage yourself. I mainly made them because of the HP regen and put a ton of stat boost traits on it.

There's a funny narrative in the Steam NieR thread. The american ESRB trailer was a mistake. They didn't meant to type PS4 03.07.17 and Steam 03.10.17 but PS4 03.07.17 and Europe 03.10.17. That's right, they thought to include the European date in the trailer which has ESRB logo and name in the file. :")

Teggy

Selling cards on Steam is a funny thing because I now have $150 in my account but you can usually get any new release $10-$15 off by buying elsewhere. Need to keep myself busy with other games until the first big sale 😬

Etrigan

Neo Member
Reposting before its over, forgot to include the necessary ruleset.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Etrigan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Etrigan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Soldier -- MB-CB6D6EE151DA574A - Taken by Vuze. 6 entrants total.
Dawn of War II Retribution - Ultramarines DLC -- MB-2BD52BAB7B4272B5
Golden Axe II -- MB-F0F23CEF0B0B5536 - Taken by Dangerblade. 1 entrants total.
Shining Force -- MB-3ED1AFD151C41D66 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.

t1487873435z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom