• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
I heartily recommend Naruto 4. The story mode is a bit of a disappointment compared to the excellency of 3, but it's still lots of fun and the boss battles are a visual spectacle that is better than the anime itself. And with the recent 60fps patch, the quality of the visuals and animation pop more than ever.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I bet Northgard already outsold Jotun's lifetime sales ;_;

As someone who dropped out of watching Naruto around episode 100 of Shippuden or so, the recent posts are blowing my mind.
On the one hand I want to ask who he has children with (though I can only really think of 2 viable options), on the other hand, do I really want to know?

Hinata, the girl who was obsessed with him since the beginning. Sakura had a child with Sasuke.

Stellaris' latest dev update has confirmed my wildest dreams: playable Zerg (aka psionic hive-mind governments). It's part of the Utopia expansion: because nothing says Utopia quite like an ominpresent consciousness watching over and guiding your every action.

Get hyped, SteamGAF. (Although not TOO hyped, there is no date on the expansion yet.)
Hinata, the girl who was obsessed with him since the beginning. Sakura had a child with Sasuke.
He really is just Vegeta.

Parsnip

They never said it was a NES Horror Classic, just NES horror game. People have speculated it was this or the sequel which passed greenlight for some time.
The exact quote was "The second bonus game which will be sent out in Feb is an NES horror game that has been brought to PC for the first time."

I suppose it's technically correct.

Wok

Well I am PUMPED, just got a Lit key.

Ditto! 🎮⛽️

14ANPyk.png

Endruen

I started Origin Acces trial right now and I'm downloading the games. The plan is to beat Unravel, Aragami, Furi and if I have some time left, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and Crysis 3. I don't think I will have time for Dead Space 3, but I'm downloading it anyways.
Time to play!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BlazBlue Europe‏@BlazBlue_Europe 7h7 hours ago
Owners of GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR- will be able to pick up #GGXrdREV2 as a digital add-on for reduced price on both PS4 and PS3!

well I guess it will eventually be the same on Steam >_>

Durante

Sasuke's got a daughter, and she aint Sakura's :v
Now that's surprising. I guess stuff happened after I stopped watching.

Someone should make a cut of all that without the repetition, filler, and meaningless badly-animated scenes. Shouldn't take more than a few hours to catch up :p

Endruen

Someone should make a cut of all that without the repetition, filler, and meaningless badly-animated scenes. Shouldn't take more than a few hours to catch up :p

You could always play a game. I haven't seen One Piece since Crocodile's arc, when I was a child, and now I'm catching up with Pirate Warriors 3. I may even continue watching it once I finish the game.

Pretty sure that's already a thing. Check out Naruto Kai.

Edit: I think the project is still ongoing(?) It cuts the entire series including shippudden down to 72 episodes.

Deques

Sasuke's got a daughter, and she aint Sakura's :v

She is indeed Sakura's daughter

Use this site to see which episodes are fillers
http://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden

There is a project for One Piece where they are cutting down all the unnecessary recaps and slowiness in the anime. Dunno if there is something similar for Naruto

Knurek

topgos3b.jpg

I'll personally hold Durante's accountable if this doesn't turn out to be as amazing as he's been telling it is.
personally

Rhaknar

I know I shouldnt be that surprised, what with you being a Atelier fanboy, but the fact that you are, or were, into Naruto is breaking my brain.

Future Unfolding will be released next month (March 15th).

that pretty.

Wok

The first review of the game The Night in the Woods is from the Financial Post:

It looks like the game is better than just "oh I read someone disliked the ending so it is crap". 😙

I'm still torn between these three for my purchase of the month:

Durante

topgos3b.jpg

I'll personally hold Durante's accountable if this doesn't turn out to be as amazing as he's been telling it is.
personally
If you buy any monitor before seeing it's exact and detailed response time measurements across all color transitions, you are responsible for your own misery.
This one has the potential to be good -- whether they managed to realize that potential only reviews can tell.

I know I shouldnt be that surprised, what with you being a Atelier fanboy, but the fact that you are, or were, into Naruto is breaking my brain.
I used to have a lot of free time. And really, the original series isn't that bad.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Valve's latest release is something that, I feel, could be a pretty big deal.

625f26e30c0b81e904fb97c2ed7c783e3921ec14.png

https://steamcommunity.com/games/596420/announcements/detail/521693426582988261

Steam Audio is now available, delivering an advanced spatial audio solution for games and VR apps. Steam Audio includes several exciting features that significantly improve immersion and open up new possibilities for spatial audio design.

The Steam Audio SDK is available free of charge, for use by teams of any size, without any royalty requirements. Steam Audio currently supports Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android. Just like Steam itself, Steam Audio is available for use with a growing list of VR devices and platforms.

Download the tools at Steam Audio on GitHub, then visit the Steam Audio Community Hub for the latest news and discussions, or to just share your thoughts and feedback.

What is Steam Audio?
Steam Audio adds physics-based sound propagation on top of HRTF-based binaural audio, for increased immersion. Sounds interact with and bounce off of the actual scene geometry, so they feel like they are actually in the scene, and give players more information about the scene they are in.

I often stress the importance of sound design when talking about games and creating a sense of space, but many devs haven't had the tools to recreate a lot of the subtleties of sound traversal in the real world. This obviously has huge benefits for VR, but would easily improve immersion in general use. One of Rainbow Six: Siege's most unique aspects is the use of sound culling, and I'd love to have more games be able to approach the level of detail and physicality that it brings to any game/experience.

Rhaknar

The Financial Post is where I get all my game reviews

Knurek

If you buy any monitor before seeing it's exact and detailed response time measurements across all color transitions, you are responsible for your own misery.
This one has the potential to be good -- whether they managed to realize that potential only reviews can tell.

This is an old screen, already reviewed here and there:

rtc6msss.png

I was talking about VA and G-Sync, not a particular model, either way.

Here's my current Dell, which I'm keeping for things IPS is better at.

rtc_214s61.png
rtc3hdsuk.png

Tizoc

Read the manga mate
I am almost done going thru 70+ volumes of one piece so naruto shouldnt be that curbsome
Then again u could stop at before the time skip and youre good :v

Axass

The first review of the game The Night in the Woods is from the Financial Post:

It looks like the game is better than just "oh I read someone disliked the ending so it is crap". 😙

I'm still torn between these three for my purchase of the month:

Dunno about the others, but the Hollow Knight demo was great and the launch trailer is excellent. You can't go wrong with it.

Ascheroth

Read the manga mate
I am almost done going thru 70+ volumes of one piece so naruto shouldnt be that curbsome
Then again u could stop at before the time skip and youre good :v

Or, instead of reading Naruto he could also read an actually good shonen, like My Hero Academia :p

maty

Quick question, do you guys know if there is a website that tracks which indie games offer surround sound and which don't? Since I don't have my pc always connected to my receiver, being able to check with a database would be great.

Of course AAA games have 5.1/7.1 options but that's not always the case with indies. For example INSIDE only has stereo mix.

pcgamingwiki was useful for some titles but not all.

Working on sound design, editing and mixing, I'm interested in listening to the different mixes.

Any help would be appreciated. Of course if there is no such thing I guess I'll have to check game by game.

Thanks

Valve's latest release is something that, I feel, could be a pretty big deal.

625f26e30c0b81e904fb97c2ed7c783e3921ec14.png

https://steamcommunity.com/games/596420/announcements/detail/521693426582988261

Steam Audio is now available, delivering an advanced spatial audio solution for games and VR apps. Steam Audio includes several exciting features that significantly improve immersion and open up new possibilities for spatial audio design.

The Steam Audio SDK is available free of charge, for use by teams of any size, without any royalty requirements. Steam Audio currently supports Windows, Linux, macOS, and Android. Just like Steam itself, Steam Audio is available for use with a growing list of VR devices and platforms.

Download the tools at Steam Audio on GitHub, then visit the Steam Audio Community Hub for the latest news and discussions, or to just share your thoughts and feedback.

What is Steam Audio?
Steam Audio adds physics-based sound propagation on top of HRTF-based binaural audio, for increased immersion. Sounds interact with and bounce off of the actual scene geometry, so they feel like they are actually in the scene, and give players more information about the scene they are in.

I often stress the importance of sound design when talking about games and creating a sense of space, but many devs haven't had the tools to recreate a lot of the subtleties of sound traversal in the real world. This obviously has huge benefits for VR, but would easily improve immersion in general use. One of Rainbow Six: Siege's most unique aspects is the use of sound culling, and I'd love to have more games be able to approach the level of detail and physicality that it brings to any game/experience.

That sounds great!!

Rhaknar

Nah, I'm being serious; I had no idea.

lol I did the same thing a few months ago, I just assumed it was another Shovel expansion from the name >_<

At least it made me find out about Hollow Knight tho. Speaking of, shouldnt the OT be up?

Durante

Steam Audio sounds great.
(Ba-dum)

In all seriousness, that is what I expected after the acquisition. I didn't think that Valve was getting into the business of selling middleware.

This is an old screen, already reviewed here and there:
Well, if there is a detailed review of a monitor, you know exactly what you are getting. (Except for series variation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom