• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

You know what would be nice? If LastPass integrated known hacks into their service, automatically flagging sites as being at risk and in need of a password change.

Realizing I have like hundreds of sites this will take a while :/

If you do a security check it tells you sites that have been compromised, I don't think there's an automated system though (Probably because LastPass doesn't actually have access to your saved sites and can only scan when you explicitly give them permission and enter your master password).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what exactly does changing passwords do if they leaked all sorts of info like credit cards and shit?

or was it just passwords?

Echoplx

what exactly does changing passwords do if they leaked all sorts of info like credit cards and shit?

At the very least it stops them from having further access to your accounts, most of the damage has already been done though.

Lain

Passwords, personal messages, personal info and shit. Dunno about credit cards info.

From the other thread:

comments from the Google engineer who found it

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/project-zero/issues/detail?id=1139
The examples we're finding are so bad, I cancelled some weekend plans to go into the office on Sunday to help build some tools to cleanup. I've informed cloudflare what I'm working on. I'm finding private messages from major dating sites, full messages from a well-known chat service, online password manager data, frames from adult video sites, hotel bookings. We're talking full https requests, client IP addresses, full responses, cookies, passwords, keys, data, everything.

Well known chat service seems to be Discord, we all fucked.

So much anime in this page ... lets balance it a bit

571jmWz.jpg

A8w15Jc.jpg

edit : just because I said of course I went to the top of the 50pp page
Save us Jim Lee.

The password manager using cloudflare (I don't think it was affected for some reason?) is 1password, FYI.
Passwords, personal messages, personal info and shit. Dunno about credit cards info.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it's everything. The entire session, including auth stuff, potentially leaked.

Coreda

Thankfully I place all commercial accounts in one LastPass directory. Gaming sites using Cloudflare from my accounts:

- humblebundle.com
- greenmangaming.com
- bundlestars.com
- discordapp.com
- game-debate.com
- linustechtips.com
- dashnet.org
- hardforum.com

From other users:

- cdkeys.com
- cheapassgamer.com
- ludumdare.com
- tigsource.com

Not affected:

- steampowered.com
- steamcommunity.com
- gog.com
- indiegala.com
- itch.io
- square-enix.com
- newegg.com
- amazon.com
- paypal.com
- ebay.com
- twitch.tv
- nexusmods.com
- overclock.net

I started up 2064: Read Only Memories to finally get a single player game started this year. I don't play a lot of adventure games, I'm really more of a meathead in my tastes where I need action and explosions to keep me interested, but I dabble from time to time. Immediately though, I found the text crawl a bit too slow, and the way every world item allows you to look/talk/use it instead of making an automatic contextual function is something I see getting tedious.

It didn't bother me much but the game crashed on me 15 minutes in so I kind of dread starting it back up. The first screen alone also had two referential jokes/winks, so I'm hoping they're not going to rely on that too heavily going forward.

Picked up Unexplored yesterday, thanks to a glowing review from RPS. It's a cool little gem of an action roguelike. Someone in the article comments described it as a "a real-time Brogue-like."

Made a thread about it, some thoughts
The game left Early Access today, and after playing about 75 minutes, it's well worth checking out. For such a simple control scheme, there's a surprising amount of depth here. Dual wielding weapons or wielding just one for a two-handed damage buff, environmental effects like propagating fire and freezing water, very varied enemies and a combat system that encourages positioning and timing, equippable armor and cloaks and rings, puzzles and gods and traps.

My most recent death occurred because I threw a torch at an enemy in a room full of bushes, which killed the enemy to burn to death but the fire to spread across the underbrush, filling the room with smoke and blinding me for several seconds (literally a blind status effect that blacked out that room), causing me to panic-run into more flames, and burn to death.

The art style is simple, but has its own unique style due to being 3D/not flat.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So does this mean I should cancel my debit cards linked to those sites?

Uh, no. I honestly wouldn't even bother updating passwords -- the scope of this breach is broad, but there is no evidence it was ever exploited, let alone widely. This wasn't a hack, it was a configuration bug.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Uh, no. I honestly wouldn't even bother updating passwords -- the scope of this breach is broad, but there is no evidence it was ever exploited, let alone widely. This wasn't a hack, it was a configuration bug.

Do you also go on rooftops and beat people up with Billyclubs?!

I didn't expected much, but holy shit, Wildlands Beta is hot garbage, it runs like shit, looks like shit and plays like shit. Ubisoft managed to fucked up everything with this one, i can't believe they seriously charging 60$ for this game.

- Typical dull Ubisoft's openworld, lifeless, with hundreds kilometers of empty copypasted villages and outposts you need to capture. And of course it's filled with pointless collectibles and generic sidemissions.
- Vehicles controls are beyond terrible, helicopter controls is probably one of the worst in videogames history. A lot of collision bugs, cars and bikes are constantly bumping every single rock and easily can stuck during driving off-road, but easily driving through some trees. Controls like this is death sentence to openworld game.
- Random quotes and dialogues from characters is laughable, i wish there is option to disable them.
- Besides mark & execute commands, i can't see any "tactical gameplay" in this game. It feels more like dumbed down Just Cause with co-op, and highest difficulty doesn't change much, it just became more frustrating to capture those endless outposts.
- Missions structure is typical Ubisoft grindfest - go to the outpost, get intel or some dude with info, go around local villages to get more intel, capture next outpost, and repeat this "gameplay" circle to death.
- Leveling system is a joke, you need to grind resources even to unlock most of skills. Also, hip fire spread decrease by skills, in tactical game? Are you fucking serious?
- Engine is broken mess, game can't hold stable 60 FPS and constantly dropping below 30 FPS, but it looks like ass, always. Lighting is completely broken, wet ground and rocks looks like some jelly blinking mess. LOD streaming is broken too, even on ultra level of details objects continue to notably popping up from air while driving or flying.

This game for me is prime example of what Ubisoft is doing wrong with their products lately. They turned Ghost Recon in some coop online openworld pseudo-RPG grindfest. Even Future Soldier looks like great Ghost Recon game in comparing to Wildlands.

Wok

RIP the Internet:

Google Engineer: "The examples we're finding are so bad, I cancelled some weekend plans to go into the office on Sunday to help build some tools to cleanup. I've informed cloudflare what I'm working on. I'm finding private messages from major dating sites, full messages from a well-known chat service, online password manager data, frames from adult video sites, hotel bookings. We're talking full https requests, client IP addresses, full responses, cookies, passwords, keys, data, everything."

Wok

Thankfully I place all commercial accounts in one LastPass directory. Gaming sites using Cloudflare from my accounts:

- humblebundle.com
- greenmangaming.com
- bundlestars.com
- discordapp.com
- game-debate.com
- linustechtips.com
- dashnet.org
- hardforum.com

Not affected:

- steampowered.com
- steamcommunity.com
- gog.com
- indiegala.com
- itch.io
- square-enix.com
- newegg.com
- amazon.com
- paypal.com
- ebay.com
- twitch.tv
- nexusmods.com
- overclock.net

I have checked the Humble Store with uMatrix. Is CloudFront the same as CloudFlare?

bjlzy6M.png

Also for info, MakeWarNotLove was also using CloudFlare, based on my uMatrix exceptions:

XHEKt6S.png

Coreda

RIP the Internet:

A bonanza!

Finally changed pws on most affected sites. The remaining either couldn't be changed, errored (one site resets pws every January, interestingly), or weren't vulnerable due to not using a browser client for logins (freenode).

I have checked the Humble Store with uMatrix. Is CloudFront the same as CloudFlare?

Cloudfront is an Amazon CDN service, whereas CloudFlare is commonly used for DDoS protection (and apparently CDN, too).

Wok

Cloudfront is Amazon.

Then I don't remember seeing CloudFlare on humblebundle.com. I don't even have an exception for this in uMatrix. Weird.

These are the uMatrix exceptions to make the site work.

humblebundle.com algolianet.com script allow
humblebundle.com googlevideo.com xhr allow
humblebundle.com humblebundle-a.akamaihd.net script allow
humblebundle.com s.ytimg.com script allow
humblebundle.com www.youtube.com frame allow
humblebundle.com www.youtube.com script allow
humblebundle.com www.youtube.com xhr allow

Vuze

I didn't expected much, but holy shit, Wildlands Beta is hot garbage, it runs like shit, looks like shit and plays like shit. Ubisoft managed to fucked up everything with this one, i can't believe they seriously charging 60$ for this game.

- Typical dull Ubisoft's openworld, lifeless, with hundreds kilometers of empty copypasted villages and outposts you need to capture. And of course it's filled with pointless collectibles and generic sidemissions.
- Vehicles controls are beyond terrible, helicopter controls is probably one of the worst in videogames history. A lot of collision bugs, cars and bikes are constantly bumping every single rock and easily can stuck during driving off-road, but easily driving through some trees. Controls like this is death sentence to openworld game.

- Random quotes and dialogues from characters is laughable, i wish there is option to disable them.
- Besides mark & execute commands, i can't see any "tactical gameplay" in this game. It feels more like dumbed down Just Cause with co-op, and highest difficulty doesn't change much, it just became more frustrating to capture those endless outposts.
- Missions structure is typical Ubisoft grindfest - go to the outpost, get intel or some dude with info, go around local villages to get more intel, capture next outpost, and repeat this "gameplay" circle to death.
- Leveling system is a joke, you need to grind resources even to unlock most of skills. Also, hip fire spread decrease by skills, in tactical game? Are you fucking serious?
- Engine is broken mess, game can't hold stable 60 FPS and constantly dropping below 30 FPS, but it looks like ass, always. Lighting is completely broken, wet ground and rocks looks like some jelly blinking mess. LOD streaming is broken too, even on ultra level of details objects continue to notably popping up from air while driving or flying.

This game for me is prime example of what Ubisoft is doing wrong with their products lately. They turned Ghost Recon in some coop online openworld pseudo-RPG grindfest. Even Future Soldier looks like great Ghost Recon game in comparing to Wildlands.
Unfortunately I have to agree after playing the closed demo for a while. Didn't know what I expected after looking forward to the game in general, it's probably the most dull Ubi experience in a while.

Locust

The shit the characters say when under fire is the worst. Can't believe someone OK'd the "Cockholster" line.

Everything they say is so fake and cringey.

Deques

Also, is there any decent free movie editors that can join shadowplay clips without loss of quality? One of the biggest bummers of Shadowplay is that it stops a recording around the 12 min mark and starts a new one. I join them on movie maker or use the youtube clip editor, but both of those options fuck up the quality quite a bit.

Did you get answer for this yet?

ffmpeg is your godsent tool for this kind of procedures
Here is a link on how to join two videos into one
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate

MaxiLive

so uh, random question but ppl know about computers here

basically rain fell on our computers at work and we don't know if we should turn them on, wait, change them or what

they're like brand new

I've dealt with roof leakage on PCs a few times now... Including raining on the build farm which was fun!

If it is just a bit of surface water you'd probably be fine to turn them back on but if they are wet definitely leave them for at least 12-24 hours depending on what your climate is like.

But in all cases it is best to leave them off for as long as possible to make sure they dry out and then make sure there is zero moisture on the plugs/sockets before plugging them back in.

Now onto Steam talk. I've been playing Evoland II during my lunch breaks and it is a an adorable game so far. Some of the puzzles have been a bit annoying or bland but generally it has been a joy to play even with the painfully slow animations it uses during some conversations.

I've liked a few nods to game franchises including the achievement for finding someone dressed up as
Elizabeth from Bioshock Infinite as well as Clara Loft hiding in a cave
:p There was even some kids dressed up in outfits from
League of Legends and Street Fighter (I think, could of been Tifa from FF..)
. The gameplay hasn't changed that much so far and the 3D controls feel a little floaty compared to the 2D but still very enjoyable thus far!

Tizoc

Hollow Knight pls
Let me download you already.

So much anime in this page ... lets balance it a bit

571jmWz.jpg

A8w15Jc.jpg

edit : just because I said of course I went to the top of the 50pp page

Did you just google comic book art and picked the only art that was easy pleasing for your own eyes?

Shit let me do your job for you kid
Alex Milne, Kevin Maguire, Frank Quitley, James Stokoe, Mike Mignola
...and that's just my shortlist.
Don't go posting about stuff you barely know anything about kid, you end up liking looking a faker.

Orgen

Anyone hyped for the new Zelda game? Polygon just broke the embargo on the previews and they were pretty impressed (Souls comparisons included).

Ascheroth

Played a little of the currently free Naruto game.
Boy, that is indeed a spectacle to behold. Looks absolutely amazing in motion.
Was doing terrible at the beginning but I'm getting there.
Still haven't finished the prologue because the game kept crashing after 10-15 minutes... quick googling tells me it's Windows 10s TabletInputService. It is ALWAYS that damn service whenever something goes wrong and why the hell do I even need this without a touch device connected Microsoft????

Arthea

can we please ban Tizoc? Or at least take his ability to post pics away?

Played a little of the currently free Naruto game.
Boy, that is indeed a spectacle to behold. Looks absolutely amazing in motion.
Was doing terrible at the beginning but I'm getting there.
Still haven't finished the prologue because the game kept crashing after 10-15 minutes... quick googling tells me it's Windows 10s TabletInputService. It is ALWAYS that damn service whenever something goes wrong and why the hell do I even need this without a touch device connected Microsoft????

I'm kinda tempted to dl Naruto, but I really shouldn't, not that I have nothing to play.

Talking about win10, I can't believe that HDMI sound disappearing glitch will never be fixed, but it seems so, like I could write a book about my win10 grievances but then again, nobody would read that, too depressing.

Platy

Did you just google comic book art and picked the only art that was easy pleasing for your own eyes?

Actually I was thinking what could be the most bacon cheeseburger usa crying eagle comic book style.

Like I almost posted some Rob Liefeld.

rahji

Yesterday I started playing hearthstone because lords of the fallen is boring if you have ever played dark souls. The rune system is maybe cool (just met the smith), the art style is definitly cool, but the rest is just bad. Combat feels unresponsive, long load times, objects popping up and really shitty inventory management. I cannot compare different weapons without eqiping them. There are 3 different modes for item comparison but none is really helping me. I am really disappointed in this game, because I expected a Darksiders/Dark Souls Crossover with cool bosses and a more straightforward story than dark souls. But sorry, I cannot play this further. It is just not worth it.

I can already feel that I get sucked again in that rng pit of hearthstone.

Rhaknar

so is there anything to Lit besides getting the "good" ending if you do the levels fast enough and with the amount of steps they want?

because otherwise im done, I cba with that shit again just for a different ending screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom