• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Got all Atelier Sophie achievements, yay. Demon King fight was real dumb. I had a bunch of refuel potions on everyone that were auto triggering at 50% health, and Demon King reacts to item usage by boosting. It was a real shitshow and would have been much shorter fight without the potions.

Also beat tormented beast pretty easily earlier today, but then the second dlc boss kicked my ass.

I really don't like the way bosses create multiple extra attacks for themselves, it feels kind of cheap. It's crap because I can't do anything to them. I don't mind if there's an extra thing that attacks my group if I can also target it myself.

Card Boy

Banned
Playing God of War Acension at the moment after beating Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta and it's so jarring. Variable frame is shit and the over the shoulder cam is just as bad as the the framerate.

My God of War ranking

2 > 1 > Ghost of Sparta > Marlow Briggs > Chains of Olympus > 3 > Ascension.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You remember that scene in Red Dragon where the murderer has the reporter strapped to a wheel chair and is showing him slides of his various murders and asking "Do you see!?"

The Witness is like that. Only instead of murders, it's line puzzles.

yuraya

Changed my Steam password cos of the Cloudbleed fiasco.

Locked out of the marketplace for a week.
Fucking Steam >_<

A week isn't that bad. Just look at the flip side. Some asshole hacks into your account and spends all your money on CSGO knives, skins and keys. Then trades all those items to themselves for an anime emoticon leaving you in tears for the rest of your life.

Tizoc

The first 2 god of war games are great imo
Gow3 has great visuals and the gameplay is fine imo, plot is dumb and i do not like all the forced grotesque wte events u have to go thru to progress

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Changed my Steam password cos of the Cloudbleed fiasco.

Locked out of the marketplace for a week.
Fucking Steam >_<

Changed it or reset it?

If you forget your password and need to reset it (note: this is different than changing your password), you will be restricted from trading and the Community Market for 7 days. If your account has not had any activity for more than two months, these restrictions will apply for 30 days. We do this to help protect users who lose access to their email account.

You can change your password from the settings panel in the Steam Client. This restriction only applies to password resets, ex: done via https://help.steampowered.com or by Steam Support.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JaseC is playing Hollow Knight.

A game with no Assassins or Goblins. Im not sure how to process that.

JaseC

Huh, didn't know that

Yeah, I ended up resetting it cos I forgot what I changed it to like 10 mins later xD

Ah, haha. I was curious as clicking "Change my password" in Steam -> Settings -> Account now brings up a Steam Help window that says "How would you like to reset your password?", so the FAQ may be outdated.

Edit: I rolled the dice myself and can confirm that nothing has changed.

zkylon

zkylewd
i still gotta play ori and the blind forest but this hollow knight thingie sounds more like my style

it's pretty cheap too

Why would discussing Overwatch be a problem here? Is it because its not hosted on Steam?

It's weird because this is the unofficial PC gaming community thread on this forum. None of the other PC threads get much activity at all. You'd imagine some leeway to talk about some of the best/most popular games on the platform even if they're not on Steam.

Overwatch is more relevant than whatever the fuck happened in the last two pages, that's for sure...

AHA-Lambda

Asked in the build a new pc thread, but thought I'd ask here too

I may love pc gaming, but I know little of hands on with hardware :p

Thought I was better asking here than anywhere else but was wondering if these idle figures are ok/within acceptable limits?

Power usage: ~17%
Fan speed: ~1500rpm
CPU/GPU temps: ~30°C

Also, how often should I clear out the inside of my PC for dust?
've had it for about 2 years now, so I'm just trying to figure out it's health basically.

gngf123

The polling rate on my new mouse looks.... a little erratic.

RJOn0eI.png

I don't remember my old mouse plotting like this.

JaseC

Asked in the build a new pc thread, but thought I'd ask here too

I may love pc gaming, but I know little of hands on with hardware :p

That's fine. Really, unless you're experiencing instability, I wouldn't concern yourself with keeping a close eye on diagnostics. As for how often to get rid of dust, I'd say once every couple of months or so -- there's no need to make a frequent habit out of it, especially if your case has dust filters. Truth be told, I only clean mine out when I'm installing/replacing a component.

fantomena

Anyone here getting a Switch?

I kinda want one, my problem is that Zelda is the only game Im interested in and it's also on Wii U and I own a Wii U.

yuraya

Anyone here getting a Switch?

I kinda want one, my problem is that Zelda is the only game Im interested in and it's also on Wii U and I own a Wii U.

If you have a Wii U you should play it there. Better to wait for there too be a solid library and then pick the switch up. Just like any hardware the first year for Switch will be pretty bad. Lots of droughts unfinished features etc. But by the end of next year it will be a great must have device I think. New Mario, new Fire Emblem, new Xenoblade, console Pokemon etc. And console will be cheaper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom