• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

I'm definitely going to wait until Xenoblade for sure, I always buy my Nintendo consoles the year they launch though, that's not going to change probably even if Xenoblade 2 doesn't release this year.

Iso it weird that the only PC game I'm looking forward to this year so far is FFXIV Stormblood? I mean they're treating the expansions as basically new games (in terms of release hype) so I don't particularly feel too bad about it.

I'm getting a Switch at launch, but there's more than Zelda I want to play. That and I always get Nintendo handhelds at launch. But if someone is on the fence about it, just wait until the holidays.

Also Hollow Knight is fantastic.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forgotten, Not Lost - A Kinetic Novel -- MB-ECE036FDD2726DC3 - Taken by Ludens

Tizoc

I'm getting a Switch at launch, but there's more than Zelda I want to play. That and I always get Nintendo handhelds at launch. But if someone is on the fence about it, just wait until the holidays.
The somewhat uneven relase date of titles on the system on launch is a turn off
But there some neat releases like bomberman switch for one thing

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Note -- MB-65AF4355ED015BF1 - Taken by DirtRiver

whiguyblink.gif

woosh

Rizzi

Anyone here getting a Switch?

I kinda want one, my problem is that Zelda is the only game Im interested in and it's also on Wii U and I own a Wii U.

If the only game you want is also on a console that you already own you should not buy a switch.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, having to register to download stuff is annoying.

Yeah, there are no releases on the GitHub page itself and using MouseTester_v1.2.zip as a search term yielded no fruit in the way of direct links aside from a couple of potentially dubious file host mirrors.

dex3108

Well based on that Edge review Wii U version of Zelda is rough. Hell even Switch version is kinda rough in TV mode. And if he wants to enjoy playing that game Switch portable mode is currently best choice.

enbred

Banned
Well based on that Edge review Wii U version of Zelda is rough. Hell even Switch version is kinda rough in TV mode. And if he wants to enjoy playing that game Switch portable mode is currently best choice.

Review or preview? I'm dying to read a review or see a game score for the game. I don't think that's happening before March 2 due to embargo.

Yeah, there are no releases on the GitHub page itself and using MouseTester_v1.2.zip as a search term yielded no fruit in the way of direct links aside from a couple of potentially dubious file host mirrors.

See that's when you have to get the source code from git and compile it yourself! Rather do that then register on another site...

The way Mickey Mouse's ears always face the camera regardless of perspective looks incredibly stupid in the CG show they are currently airing on the Disney channel. It really bothers me when my son is watching it lol.

disneys-mickey-mouse-clubhouse-season-four10.jpg

A lot of the 2d animation is guilty of this as well but it's even more jarring in 3d.

abracadaver

Is there a way to check if a key has been used?

I was going through my old bundlestar orders and all the keys are revealed but I never used a lot of them

BasilZero

I kinda want one, my problem is that Zelda is the only game Im interested in and it's also on Wii U and I own a Wii U.

Getting a Switch sometime next year or so.

I dont usually buy consoles at launch year, the last home console I bought launch year was Gamecube and last portable was PSP.

Every system afterwards not a launch year purchase for me...

Wii - 2 years later
WiiU - 3 years later
NDS - 3 years later
3DS - 2 years later
PS3 - 5 years later
PS4 - 2 years later

I'll get Zelda on Switch more than likely since I bought TP on Gamecube and it didnt bother me at all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there a way to check if a key has been used?

I was going through my old bundlestar orders and all the keys are revealed but I never used a lot of them

Nope. There was a rather roundabout way to check if you'd used a key, but they're no longer an element of the account information retrieval process.

The way Mickey Mouse's ears always face the camera regardless of perspective looks incredibly stupid in the CG show they are currently airing on the Disney channel. It really bothers me when my son is watching it lol.

disneys-mickey-mouse-clubhouse-season-four10.jpg

A lot of the 2d animation is guilty of this as well but it's even more jarring in 3d.

I'm pretty sure that Disney mandates both of Mickey's ears to be visible at all times.

gelf

I'm one of those weirdos that only buy Nintendo products for third party stuff so I have to wait and see if it gets good DS/3DS level support or shitty Wii U level support. I don't give a crap about Zelda.

Ideally all those games would come to PC as well and I wouldn't need to buy Nintendo at all then. Phoenix Wright on PC please Capcom.

neoemonk

I'm definitely going to wait until Xenoblade for sure, I always buy my Nintendo consoles the year they launch though, that's not going to change probably even if Xenoblade 2 doesn't release this year.

Iso it weird that the only PC game I'm looking forward to this year so far is FFXIV Stormblood? I mean they're treating the expansions as basically new games (in terms of release hype) so I don't particularly feel too bad about it.

Nah, most of the things I end up enjoying on a year to year basis are titles that I had no idea were coming. That's part of what makes it a great platform, and this community helps that a lot as well.

is that a thing in HOGs? Misclick penalties?

It sure is. What usually happens is, if you click too many wrong times in a row, or too fast, you won't be allowed to click for a few seconds. This is accompanied by some little graphical effect: blurring the screen or overlaying a big image, and a usually annoying sound. Some of them border on jumpscares.

A misclick penalty made more sense when you were given a time for completing the game (such as in the old Big Fish games,) but these days it still serves the purpose of an anti-buttonmash feature.

Durante

I wrote a blog post about what I lost with the SSD, including information about a game project from 2011 that I always wanted to post about on GAF but never got around to. Don't procrastinate too much!

gngf123

Compiling from their Github source is really easy though, it even had a visual studio solution file when I downloaded it.

I can just upload a build if someone wants it.

Coreda

I wrote a blog post about what I lost with the SSD, including information about a game project from 2011 that I always wanted to post about on GAF but never got around to. Don't procrastinate too much!

Sucks to hear. This has always been a concern of mine with SSDs, there don't seem to be the same signs of health compared to a dying HDD. That it can seem fine until... it's just not. At least I'd have the backup which I keep daily but still.

Durante

See that's when you have to get the source code from git and compile it yourself! Rather do that then register on another site...
That's what I just did. Given that it's a C# application with no external dependencies it's really just one click.

g5_mousetester9kjnw.png

My 8 year old (!) Logitech G5 is still going strong. Set to 1000 DPI, which it hits scarily accurately, and 1000 Hz, which it also does pretty well at -- I think the single spike to 6.5 ms is OK.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of bobnowhere, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 59 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-208A310FB3546DA2 - Taken by Valxal. 6 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-410206B5E644B786 - Taken by Mikurden
Another World 20th Anniversary Edition -- MB-6BED4EC05FEFCE97 - Taken by Cels. 10 entrants total.
BUNKER THE UNDERGROUND GAME -- MB-C45A2C5045831349 - Taken by Accoun. 5 entrants total.
Chroma Squad -- MB-2604058784E88768 - Taken by Nabae. 3 entrants total.
Cube Master -- MB-2D4545EEF029E761 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- MB-577A46E2304E6FF1 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-7240C027531D8185 - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-08BEE469D9F38122 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition -- MB-D148E5587337D9FA - Taken by Shalashaska. 4 entrants total.
Forbidden Planet -- MB-1D44119A00D168C9 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Girls Like Robots -- MB-7D318DF8121DD9C1 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-2A8DE96AB6544CA0 - Taken by BlakeofT
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-EFC08530B10FC280 - Taken by fifasnipe2224
House of 1000 Doors: The Palm of Zoroaster Collector's Edition -- MB-AFEA6719743A167E - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-0B1BAE20224641C3 - Taken by redlacs. 4 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-37851FCA1602E0F8 - Taken by titch. 20 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-DF5610D25D63884A - Taken by Javier23. 8 entrants total.
KEEBLES -- MB-C0BD13A8C811437B - Taken by Loptous
Lethal League -- MB-BECC1A08E1F1A8F4 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-4D655B585F57918D - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-891D8F6030D2B5E4 - Taken by Dongs Macabre. 7 entrants total.
Monster Loves You -- MB-CECAE86C1521DACB - Taken by fenners. 3 entrants total.
Mount & Blade -- MB-7EB339CAC4C1564A - Taken by Regginator. 7 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-67B08E27E9BD4F5E - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-D0D98AC82525F7F8 - Taken by fernandes
Nuclear Throne -- MB-72C121D086D65B43 - Taken by sid2vicious. 17 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-D075727620A40A0E - Taken by ThirtyFour. 6 entrants total.
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-58E68F4922C0AFD2 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Princess Isabella - Return of the Curse -- MB-C8B4D6B8B39DCF52 - Taken by someguyinahat. 3 entrants total.
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-987E4A80702004B4 - Taken by enbred. 1 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-31239BA27CB52ABC - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Retro Game Crunch -- MB-840E687255F8FBA8 - Taken by bloke
Rise of the Triad -- MB-E5E8FED656FBB8A5 - Taken by Tall4Life. 2 entrants total.
Rituals -- MB-9C4957C9B41C356C - Taken by yoshizzle
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-B2D9C29D6F001C05 - Taken by Mikaju
Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-3F52C64B9B36A37A - Taken by dot
SUPER HOP N BOP ULTRA -- MB-FABCD961F6CCB85C - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-D0F05745B42DC1E7 - Taken by Zeeman. 1 entrants total.
Spaera -- MB-7B29DB06A21BEAD5 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-2F713F19B14A12C1 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Starward Rogue -- MB-6BE41D6F559D9431 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 4 entrants total.
Super Galaxy Squadron EX -- MB-A9E948AAB2C8BAC0 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-4D923E28B0DD1C70 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 1 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-DBDD6796EAD37F28 - Taken by gurm3n
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-BCE2B78A104BCA38 - Taken by Vuze
System Shock Pack -- MB-265FFA21B6E1604C - Taken by gurm3n. 10 entrants total.
THREE DEAD ZED -- MB-C3EE20319757D705 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
TIMEframe -- MB-991ABD4BB16C9766 - Taken by Mikurden. 5 entrants total.
TOWER WARS -- MB-3C15809B12578F8E - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
The Legend of Dark Witch -- MB-3B0FF021F6E6A6C4 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 8 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-F19760578519565B - Taken by Phox. 8 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-01536D222AF5C8CF - Taken by 73V3N
Tower of Guns -- MB-55E476E5C4FE7EF2 - Taken by Press Turn. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-D046136698CE5564 - Taken by Press Turn
Waking Mars -- MB-A10D8238AB5DACA8 - Taken by MaxiLive
World of Goo -- MB-8214213EAA1A6715 - Taken by Press Turn
Wrack -- MB-05CFB59BF97732F6 - Taken by redlacs. 7 entrants total.
shutshimi -- MB-92DB0FCF30176B93 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1488159974z1.png

Seems Iceys DLC hits in 3 hours. I guess maybe the VA is delayed? It was supposed to release with the free DLC, but I cant seem to find any new information.

Edit: Seems Im mistaken:

Spoiler Alert: 4-day deal starts from 10am PST on Feb.26. Eng VO of @stefanieGMJ will be updated with free DLC. Hold your breath.(。・`ω´・)

neoemonk

I found a Backblaze coupon a while back and got two years for pretty cheap. I recommend checking it out. Pretty inexpensive overall.

Accoun

Damn, would have liked to read about it, seeing as it's a blobber (even if it seemingly wasn't very far into development - at least not-engine-wise).

Speaking of, went through a floor or two of Grimrock with a default party. Yup, really good so far. Gotta start a normal playthrough with a created party, but that'll come at least after DMoM&M.

Stall19

If Shovel Knight is in this month's monthly then I'm never buying another indie game again.jk

But seriously that kinda the risk with that stuff. So far the only game I've already had was Abzu and I had played it before the bundle.

Dang it ! I was about to play Rocket League. Then I noticed someone was using my library. On my GPD Win. Yup, my gf took my GPD to play Atelier :")

Durante

Dang it ! I was about to play Rocket League. Then I noticed someone was using my library. On my GPD Win. Yup, my gf took my GPD to play Atelier :")
Well, it's for the greater good.

Though really, if both you and your girlfriend play it you should buy two copies. Just saying.

I'm joking. OR AM I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom