• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last give away picture taught me the name of a game I had played on my uncles computer. had completely forgotten about it (another world).

Tizoc

Hollow Knight
JM0ZiNE.png
A918C64AC4D73B01D9FF67D8C40BA46745E786B8

Huh, I only now realized that Sleeping Dogs is on sale for 7,50.
Is the game worth it at that price point?

Sleeping Dogs is like GTA, only if one has a lower end GFX card, SD should run better than say GTA5 at least on High settings.
If you don't mind GTA style gameplay, driving and playing through Hong Kong is a rather decent experience.

Someone post those GIFs for SD that were made some years back, they had some nice lighting going on in them.

Seems Iceys DLC hits in 3 hours. I guess maybe the VA is delayed? It was supposed to release with the free DLC, but I cant seem to find any new information.

Edit: Seems Im mistaken:

Sweet, gonna grab it once the store updates. Would be cool if it goes on sale over at HB too if possible (assuming it goes for the same discount from a few weeks back :p)

Knurek

ABZU on Ultra with Gsynced 100+ fps is a thing of beauty.

Never mind the actual game is mostly a 'walking simulator'. So... so pretty.

I'm really curious how are the devs handling schools of fishes - particle systems or something different. Anyone does know?

Tizoc

I'm really curious how are the devs handling schools of fishes - particle systems or something different. Anyone does know?

Diving Simulator you mean ;)

Durante

I have never seen the game so I don't know if what I'm talking about relates to it, but efficient simulation of flocking behaviours have been studied for a long time. A very classical method are boids, but tons of new algorithms have been published since -- the basic concepts of seperation, alignment and cohesion mostly remain though. A former co-worker published a paper on how to implement flocking efficiently on the GPU.

Ascheroth

Its like a mix between segas yakuza series and GTA. If you like either of those games you shouldn't be disapointed at that price.

Sleeping Dogs is like GTA, only if one has a lower end GFX card, SD should run better than say GTA5 at least on High settings.
If you don't mind GTA style gameplay, driving and playing through Hong Kong is a rather decent experience.

Someone post those GIFs for SD that were made some years back, they had some nice lighting going on in them.

It's worth full price. Fantastic game, bought it day one, I should replay it some day.
Sounds good, bought!

It could be.

I expect to see soon:
  • Shovel Knight (vanilla edition)
  • Furi
  • Seasons after Fall
Yeah Shovel Knight seems like the perfect game to lead off with after its expansions are already out so that they can get you on the upgrade.

I'm curious what the games are, is that revealed today? I accidentally left my sub running.

Edit: wouldn't even be today, whoops. Would be Friday, right?

Durante

I just noticed that Atelier happily runs at arbitrary framerates. And I do mean arbitrary:

It actually went up to 400 FPS in other locations (and this is at 2560x1440 with 8xSGSSAA - a whole ton of pixels per second).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Orgen, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 30 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Orgen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-3EFA22C5B114AB6A - Taken by Jalal. 11 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-40AA20D9B57FFEAF - Taken by bloke. 5 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-D92FBA7ED0C2A7F9
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-05292BA646BE6CE4 - Taken by Cels. 1 entrants total.
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-C978D43984A42ABB
Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble -- MB-388C4CDC7966D27B - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Dusty Revenge: CoOp Edition -- MB-2A60F194B7ABC15C
GRAV (Early Access) -- MB-5B0D32E8F2E826EE - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-822726053BC65605 - Taken by jesusraz. 2 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-CA2D7A783AEA2CCB - Taken by Khilandros. 4 entrants total.
Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-EE9108E138250BB5
Monster Loves You -- MB-C8C76F60D4A33BF2 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-C34D82835BFF9F1B
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-D6DF5523E018192B - Taken by Popstar. 2 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-8F86460732F6CCD8
Retro Game Crunch -- MB-11B3547156541128 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 3 entrants total.
Rituals -- MB-D7D60314D501D5EE - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-8B2FB035F0702F63
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-62592E559B3922CF
Spirits -- MB-ACB34D580B6D3087 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Sproggiwood -- MB-82243BEA8EB246B9 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 14 entrants total.
Streamline Early Access -- MB-8498E4D5EAF27CDE
Super Galaxy Squadron EX -- MB-227F0BFC0FF7A138 - Taken by longlivegaming. 5 entrants total.
TIMEframe -- MB-F8C7648BC187A649 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 6 entrants total.
Team Indie -- MB-FD2ADE78EE57E531 - Taken by Vuze. 5 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-A85C47FAF6A8B037 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-200D72D8DA7F84B0 - Taken by PaulSane. 1 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-36F7480BB1545E84 - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.
Waking Mars -- MB-0365010F83F7DE29 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
shutshimi -- MB-2D708AEF308A37D9 - Taken by drakaenae. 7 entrants total.

t1488128545z1.png

You don't miss your elbow until you can't move it anymore. Also, it's surprising how much it can get messed up with no visible bruising.

But now it's almost-kinda back. Huzzah!

Never slip on ice, SteamGAF. It is a menace!
And here we go.
I dub thee, Shadow of Wardor.

But, same protagonist? ...sigh.

tmarg

The first game basically felt like a tech demo. If they actually manage to build a world around it, it could be fun. Given how badly they failed to do that last time I'm not sure I would trust them to do it though.

AHA-Lambda

They had better make use of the nemesis system properly this time. A feature that relies on the player dying is pointless when the game is hopelessly easy.

Will buy for $1-5, the first one sucks. AAA The Game.

This.

And I imagine it took them all of 5 mins to come up with that title.

SoM is really primed to be a roguelike, where you switch protagonists when you die. (A plague between orcs would be a clear choice.) But I don't think they're going in that direction...

Will buy for $1-5, the first one sucks. AAA The Game.

Agreed. I remember how game journos on Twitter were absolutely gushing about the game before it released. Thought it would be fantastic so I ended up buying it but after playing a few hours I was bored out of my mind. It felt like the studio's design document was basically copying the open world of Assassin's Creed and the combat of the Batman Arkham series and... that's it. To this day I do not understand why people think the Nemesis system is so great.

Jalal

Agreed. I remember how game journos on Twitter were absolutely gushing about the game before it released. Thought it would be fantastic so I ended up buying it but after playing a few hours I was bored out of my mind. It felt like the studio's design document was basically copying the open world of Assassin's Creed and the combat of the Batman Arkham series and... that's it. To this day I do not understand why people think the Nemesis system is so great.

Didn't ubisoft pay kickbacks for positive media coverage?

To this day I do not understand why people think the Nemesis system is so great.

I read stories from people writing about epic rivalries with a nemesis that after being killed by it several times they finally managed to take it down and through the whole thing all I could think was, "But how in the hell did you die in that game?"

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I read stories from people writing about epic rivalries with a nemesis that after being killed by it several times they finally managed to take it down and through the whole thing all I could think was, "But how in the hell did you die in that game?"

Easy as hell early game before you get made overpowered

Amzin

I liked SoM quite a bit :( It definitely didn't flesh out the nemesis system enough, and the story may as well have not been there (might have improved it), but the GAME was lots of fun for me. I also love the Arkham style combat (have 100% all the Arkham games I think) so that helped sell me on it.

I dunno, was just fun :p Hopefully the second one improves on the important stuff.

yuraya

You have to admit tho that first time one of those guys gets revenge on you by interrupting your mission and screwing you over was kind of cool. But only like the first time or so. After that it gets too repetitive and boring. I couldn't play anymore after 11hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom