• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Yo this game is neat
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/487370/

Basically you get squares and your goal is to make a single line that crosses all squares once.

Ladekabel

So, RCR: Underground releases tomorrow and it'll offer online koop. Was there ever an update if Mother Russia Bleeds will ever get online? I asked Devolver and I think the devs on Twitter a few times but never received an answer.

barber

I'm using a different computer with Windows 10 and Firefox 51, and I don't have the same emojis as with the other computer. Some things are just crazy. It is ruining my experience of NeoGAF.

DxTFUi3.png

Edit: Based on the "thinking face" (🤔), I used to have the Apple ones and I currently have Emoji One:

Edit²: Based on some other ones, I think I currently have something slightly different. Typically, for woman with bunny ears:

Apple:
OE6MsG7.png

Emoji One:
rka5PFY.png

My current PC:
vWhxJYR.png

Edit-cubed: Microsoft 10 Anniversary Edition. This explains the differences.

Those emoji aren't compatible with the best Theme (dark)

Wok

Yeah the shitton of different emoji sets is annoying. I was looking into crafting a font for the superior Apple ones on Windows 10 for consistency across my devices but I eventually gave up.

E: Wait, you got the Apple ones on Windows? Like

I think I had the Windows 10 Anniversary edition on the other computer. It comes with new emojis but not the Apple ones.

Those emoji aren't compatible with the best Theme (dark)

🙈

Tizoc

No seriously people, if you found Witness' line puzzles too intimidating, Akin is a comforting lighter variation of it. When you figure out how to solve a puzzle it's always a joy, and for the $1 it is going for it's well worth dropping a few Gaben Cents into it. I am almost 1/2 way through the game.

What rumors are that?
You're not talking about that free Chromebook rival, are you?

No, another (assuming one has UAC on) message box at detected installer launch coming to your regular Windows PC by the means of an update, attempting to redirect you to Windows Store. All I've seen is one screencap saying "The app you're installing isn't from Windows Store", not much on trigger conditions (are sideloaded UWPs triggering this? Maybe only them? What about directly downloaded or just compiled [through non-VS means] programs?) or possibility of disabling this prompt altogether (there apparently are some settings, though they could go other way around).

I thought the first Mordor was a really good framework for a game series. Hopefully they flesh out the world more to give it the bigger scale I want in a LOTR game.

This won't happen of course.

"Hey, I can upgrade weapons for you, want me to?"
"Sure!"
"Alright, I just need a beast fang and a chakram."
"Here you go."
"Uh...still need the chakram."
"She's holding it, isn't that good enough?"
"No."
"Okay, well I'll just unequip it and...what the hell? I can't unequip it."
"Well, you can buy an upgraded one in town and equip it, then give me the other one so I can upgrade it."
"Then what's the point of upgrading with you if I'm upgrading?"
"You could always go back to the first town and buy a second chakram."
"No, I can't! I was exiled from there and besides, this chick's the only one who can use chakrams, why would I have bought a second one?"
"Why would the store have it in the first place, ever think of that? Gotta think ahead."
"FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU...."

Popstar

I re-subscribed to Humble Monthly last month because the 10% off coupon and $5 store credit was too good to pass up and then unsubscribed again.

Humble has sent me another 10% off coupon for March. 🤔

jesusraz

Anyone here getting a Switch?

I kinda want one, my problem is that Zelda is the only game Im interested in and it's also on Wii U and I own a Wii U.
Doesn't the idea of Breath of the Wild on the go sway you at all? If not, Bomberman's surprisingly addictive, and even I Am Setsuna in portable form is pretty enjoyable.

jesusraz

Is that supposed to be a parody of Mulder and Scully?
When you play it, you'll realise that couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not a big fan of the male lead, to be honest, but he's far better than the obnoxious and unfunny clown playable character. Still, there was more than enough in the ~15% demo playthrough recently to make this one of my most anticipated games of next month!

MUnited83

For you.
Anyone here getting a Switch?

I kinda want one, my problem is that Zelda is the only game Im interested in and it's also on Wii U and I own a Wii U.

Not really. Super expensive for what is is with a lackluster line-up. I'd rather play Zelda at 4K on Cemu and buy a GPD Win instead.

Dinjoralo

Yeah the shitton of different emoji sets is annoying. I was looking into crafting a font for the superior Apple ones on Windows 10 for consistency across my devices but I eventually gave up.

E: Wait, you got the Apple ones on Windows? Like

Sorry, but no. Apple's emoji's are frickin' ugly, and I hate how they're the ones everyone uses. Google's are the best. Microsoft's are pretty good too, for lower DPI screens.
7ed517c9f335c3171b6f92685514667a.png
97a4bd6f4c2972fe54d77634fc89c8e3.png

AHA-Lambda

Accessed the Icey DLC finally (no idea why they have to be so obtuse about these things?), but it's basically a balls hard challenge mode.

No idea what's at the end, or if there is one =/

Hektor

Pro: it's Berserk

Contra: it's a musou

Mhmmmm 🤔

Played 5 hours of it, and yip, the only redeemable factor of it is the Berserk IP.
But hey, that's still better than that shitty anime that couldn't even be redeemed by the virtue of it being Berserk i guess

haendeul

Sorry, but no. Apple's emoji's are frickin' ugly, and I hate how they're the ones everyone uses. Google's are the best. Microsoft's are pretty good too, for lower DPI screens.
7ed517c9f335c3171b6f92685514667a.png
97a4bd6f4c2972fe54d77634fc89c8e3.png

Apple, and Samsung's weird copycat ones. I actually prefer Facebook's emojies over everything else.

Tonton

Bah doesn't look like I'll be able to finish the Naruto story during the free weekend
Wish I had played yesterday
This was probably better than trying to watch the anime

Mikurden

"Hey, I can upgrade weapons for you, want me to?"
"Sure!"
"Alright, I just need a beast fang and a chakram."
"Here you go."
"Uh...still need the chakram."
"She's holding it, isn't that good enough?"
"No."
"Okay, well I'll just unequip it and...what the hell? I can't unequip it."
"Well, you can buy an upgraded one in town and equip it, then give me the other one so I can upgrade it."
"Then what's the point of upgrading with you if I'm upgrading?"
"You could always go back to the first town and buy a second chakram."
"No, I can't! I was exiled from there and besides, this chick's the only one who can use chakrams, why would I have bought a second one?"
"Why would the store have it in the first place, ever think of that? Gotta think ahead."
"FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU...."

That's really stupid -- you should just play Secret Of Mana instead (or again) -- no BS there when you want to upgrade your chakram.

Nillansan

Picked up ICEY and Hollow Knight to scratch that Metroidvania itch. Got a nice discount on Princess Maker since I already owned the second entry in the series.

CBk1MeJ.png

Monooboe

No one hyped for new Mass Effect? I'm litte worried, I mean I still have ME2 as one of the four featured games on my Steam profile, so I really want the new one to be good but I know I shouldn't be hyped.:S

Jawmuncher

No one hyped for new Mass Effect? I'm litte worried, I mean I still have ME2 as one of the four featured games on my Steam profile, so I really want the new one to be good but I know I shouldn't be hyped.:S

After Dragon Age Inquistion I don't trust bioware

tmarg

I got DA:I super cheap a bit ago, and I don't think it's quite as terrible as people make it out to be. There's plenty of open world jank, and it's too easy,. But the story is somewhat enjoyable thus far. Haven't finished it though, so maybe it falls apart.

So it's a one-time bug/oversight and not some kind of stupid design choice?

The lack of unequipping is a design choice (I'm guessing based on the fact they didn't code in unarmed combat for the characters.) But later on, you should be able to backtrack and get the weapons you need.

Monooboe

While I liked DA:I, I do realize what a let down it was. And it is also the reason I'm hesitant towards MEA. A part of me just hopes DA:I was the result of working on a new engine and such and that MEA would be the one where they show how it's done.

Hektor

Everything i saw and read of Andromeda gave me the impression this game only exists to make some more cash on the popular IP by throwing in some hip'n'trendy open world surival grind elements into the mix.

Add to that that Bioware hasn't made a really good game since ME2 and i don't see any reason to be optimistic.

I'll wait a few months until i see what the post-hype opinions on it are or until i get it for sub 30$, and will see for myself, since i actually like the Mass Effect universe in on itself

Monooboe

Everything i saw and read of Andromeda gave me the impression this game only exists to make some more cash on the popular IP by throwing in some hip'n'trendy open world surival grind elements into the mix.

Add to that that Bioware hasn't made a really good game since ME2 and i don't see any reason to be optimistic.

I'll wait a few months until i see what the post-hype opinions on it are or until i get it for sub 30$, and will see for myself, since i actually like the Mass Effect universe in on itself

OK now I'm just sad haha. I have stayed away from everything about the game, to save that sense of wonder and exploration playing it. I'm just waiting for the first reviews to hit and just see the score and then decide if I should buy it.

Mikurden

The lack of unequipping is a design choice (I'm guessing based on the fact they didn't code in unarmed combat for the characters.) But later on, you should be able to backtrack and get the weapons you need.

Oh, well that's still dumb that you have to buy extra weapons just to upgrade, as if you still wanted the inferior one afterwards.

Nillansan

Not heard of Icey. Another Metroidvania? Hmm, interest rising...

It's currently on sale, which coincides with the newly added English voice over by Stefanie Joosten (Quiet from Metal Gear Solid 5) and free DLC.

Edit - Sorry I was under the impression that it was a Metroidvania, but it's a 2D character action game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom