• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retrofluxed

So if Shovel Knight is in the humble monthly this time, is it safe to assume that it will be a version that won't include the upcoming DLC for free?

Monooboe

I really liked the Nemesis system in Shadows of Mordor, dying on a boss and them being promoted or letting them escape and have them come back stronger was great I thought, something I hope more games would do.

Regginator

Huh, I only now realized that Sleeping Dogs is on sale for 7,50.
Is the game worth it at that price point?

YMMV and all that, but I wouldn't spend €7 on it to replay it. My experience with it on the PS3 was... pretty disappointing. Aside from the fresh looking setting and pretty fun Arkham-ish melee combat, I found everything else to be rather mediocre. Uninteresting main story, fetch quests side missions, repetitive encounters, etc. etc.

So if Shovel Knight is in the humble monthly this time, is it safe to assume that it will be a version that won't include the upcoming DLC for free?

If it's included it will almost certainly be just the main campaign.

what all? Shovel Knight has only one dlc - soundtrack and it's not free

They're talking about the new campaigns added to the game post launch, Plague Knight and the upcoming Specter Knight.

AHA-Lambda

It's possible to avoid nearly every fight in the new Torment?

f768767f113a286eefc8ba8c32276771f9a18ca60a1dd62291c87a6cf4af33fc.jpg

cRPGs are something I always want to like more than I typically do, and a large part of that is the combat, so this is good news to me :p

Tizoc

Yeesh those Shadows of War 'DLC'
Gold Edition includes:
• Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion
• The Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion
• The Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion
• Gold War Chest
• Over $125 in total value

Nemesis Expansions include a new Orc Tribe featuring new enemies, followers, missions, abilities, weapons, Fortress and wilderness updates, and a Mythic Gear Set.

Story Expansions introduce a new campaign, playable character & abilities, side missions, enemies, allies & more.

Experience an epic open-world brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Forge a new Ring of Power, conquer Fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with your personal Orc army in Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™.

Go behind enemy lines to forge your army, conquer Fortresses and dominate Mordor from within. Experience how the award winning Nemesis System creates unique personal stories with every enemy and follower, and confront the full power of the Dark Lord Sauron and his Ringwraiths in this epic new story of Middle-earth.

In Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™, nothing will be forgotten.
lol.

Not here! I'm keeping updated on the game on my phone though, on the train.

I'm in the US, and I now follow soccer closer than The NFL, but my game is already over today #COYS
ohhh when the saintsss go marchin innnnnn

We only watch REAL football here, American football.
Epxml_s-200x150.gif

I'm in the US

Go United
i'll bash yr fuckin ead mate, i swear on me mum

lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Agreed. I remember how game journos on Twitter were absolutely gushing about the game before it released. Thought it would be fantastic so I ended up buying it but after playing a few hours I was bored out of my mind. It felt like the studio's design document was basically copying the open world of Assassin's Creed and the combat of the Batman Arkham series and... that's it. To this day I do not understand why people think the Nemesis system is so great.

Unfortunately the open world sucked compared to the Assassin's Creed games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Dreamscapes: The Sandman -- MB-66BB2B07594EE312 - Taken by Belgarion
Elementary My Dear Majesty! -- MB-08409DEA1389FCC4 - Taken by Smeagol
Elems -- MB-97EAA3929DE75A03 - Taken by krczt23
Elysium: Blood Games -- MB-A4362A8758750445 - Taken by WinterDemons
Envy The Dead -- MB-B11F2AE525A68F0D - Taken by krczt23
Etaria -- MB-97B816CA4052117F - Taken by Press Turn
Evertown -- MB-361582FF9796DAB3 - Taken by krczt23
Experience -- MB-D0F541AB531F6036 - Taken by krczt23
Fantastic 4 In A Row 2 -- MB-63990B6A099F0D98 - Taken by krczt23
Fantastic Checkers -- MB-29CD2F5C51642AC9 - Taken by krczt23
Fast and Curious -- MB-E38F0D1219185E5F - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Fearless Fantasy -- MB-0E527EEF52EB312F - Taken by redlacs
Fort Defense -- MB-6C638B626787A7C8 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Fort Defense: Bermuda Triangle -- MB-94288A93672458B1 - Taken by septicore
Freebie -- MB-02FB0D89A5C08125 - Taken by Press Turn
Gnomes Garden 2 -- MB-7874B4C519215FB6 - Taken by Eila
Gnumz Masters of Defense -- MB-3AB9245C10E69D4E - Taken by Eila
Goblin Defenders: Steel'N'Wood -- MB-BA6704CC4A440445 - Taken by dave is ok
Grind Zones -- MB-D6852AD22D83BABA - Taken by Coldsun

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Gnomes Garden failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

AHA-Lambda

Experience an epic open-world brought to life by the award-winning Nemesis System. Forge a new Ring of Power, conquer Fortresses in massive battles and dominate Mordor with your personal Orc army in Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™.

giphy.gif

EDIT: ICEY DLC is now up

Rizzi

Did not know they were going to start charging for the shovel knight campaigns eventually. I've bought that game on four different platforms over the years.

Knurek

Very glad I got Abzu in a Humble Bundle.
I'd be so pissed if I bought if for €20 the devs are asking for and finished it in less than two hours (and that's with 20 minutes of achivement hunting).
Still, a beautiful, beautiful game. Just jaw-dropping at times.

Is the rumoured Windows 10 mandatory non-Store program install (?) scareaway confirmation box a real thing? That... would be one annoying thing, to say the least.

I'd be so pissed if I bought if for €20 the devs are asking for and finished it in less than two hours (and that's with 20 minutes of achivement hunting).

Thats kinda sad that you would be pissed that a developer got $20 for a game you describe as jaw dropping.

Arthea

Now you got me confused, Shovel Knight had such updates I assume? Because none of those are dlcs

I bought it at launch and thought and still think it's worth the money, *shrugs
It's matter of perspective, really. I wanted such a game, and so far we didn't really had any, it's no Journey, true, but it's pretty darn amazing in its own right.

Ascheroth

If there's one thing I dislike about Atelier Sophie it's the rumor system when it comes to the optional bosses. If you fulfill the conditions you should always be able to just buy it instead of having to pray to the RNG gods.
Defeated the Light Elemtal earlier and spent like 3 in-game months trying to get the Evilking rumor to pop up, but no luck so far so far, urgh.

Wok

I'm using a different computer with Windows 10 and Firefox 51, and I don't have the same emojis as with the other computer. Some things are just crazy. It is ruining my experience of NeoGAF.

DxTFUi3.png

Edit: Based on the "thinking face" (🤔), I used to have the Apple ones and I currently have Emoji One:

Edit²: Based on some other ones, I think I currently have something slightly different. Typically, for woman with bunny ears:

Apple:
OE6MsG7.png

Emoji One:
rka5PFY.png

My current PC:
vWhxJYR.png

Edit-cubed: Microsoft 10 Anniversary Edition. This explains the differences.

Grief.exe

Thats kinda sad that you would be pissed that a developer got $20 for a game you describe as jaw dropping.

I bought it at launch and thought and still think it's worth the money, *shrugs
It's matter of perspective, really. I wanted such a game, and so far we didn't really had any, it's no Journey, true, but it's pretty darn amazing in its own right.

I actually prefer shorter experiences that are more tightly crafted, than busy work meant on extending the life of the game.

Arthea

If there's one thing I dislike about Atelier Sophie it's the rumor system when it comes to the optional bosses. If you fulfill the conditions you should always be able to just buy it instead of having to pray to the RNG gods.
Defeated the Light Elemtal earlier and spent like 3 in-game months trying to get the Evilking rumor to pop up, but no luck so far so far, urgh.

are you absolutely sure you killed all bosses? I'm almost 100% sure he only shows if you killed every single one. Because he showed intermediately for me when I killed the last one and not even once before that.

Ludens

Banned
Shadow of War looks like a good 4€ game for its GOTY edition.
I won the first one back in days and man if it was boring...they didn't even try to put some buildings in and there, it was just this infinite wasteland (ok, Mordor is like that, but the location was boring, the gameplay was boring with nothing else to do if not killing orcs).

Regarding Abzu, I think devs knew the game was bloody short, in fact now the game is 10€ full price.
I think the game lacks some emotional impact, the one I found in Journey, there's nothing like that here.

tmarg

Wait, is it seriously just more fucking orcs? Does anybody actually want that? I expected a much better variety of enemies and environments from the sequel.

Knurek

A lot of demoscene products are also jaw dropping.
They don't cost you €20.
Graphical fidelity is nice and all, but I'm looking for gameplay quality when I'm playing a game the most.

Is the rumoured Windows 10 mandatory non-Store program install (?) scareaway confirmation box a real thing? That... would be one annoying thing, to say the least.

What rumors are that?
You're not talking about that free Chromebook rival, are you?

Wait, is it seriously just more fucking orcs? Does anybody actually want that? I expected a much better variety of enemies and environments from the sequel.

It shows a Balrog on the cover, but I'd expect that to just be like those giant ogre things from the first game. Or else a unique QTE boss, Sauron style.

At least it's not zombies.

Arthea

They don't cost you €20.
Graphical fidelity is nice and all, but I'm looking for gameplay quality when I'm playing a game the most.

we all do, but some games are not about gameplay, IDK how you can say that when you play VNs and like them, even those without choices, right? And VNs aren't cheap too.

And we knew this game is not gameplay heavy before release too, so those who paid full price are fine with what it is, and you haven't bought it because you knew you aren't. Simple, no?

As expected, complaining on GAF always helps.
He has shown up now :p

yup, complaining of gaf works so well it's scary

Ascheroth

are you absolutely sure you killed all bosses? I'm almost 100% sure he only shows if you killed every single one. Because he showed intermediately for me when I killed the last one and not even once before that.
As expected, complaining on GAF always helps.
He has shown up now :p

Tizoc

Yeah looking at Isthereanydeal, Icey being that cheap for one day only likely was a price error, usual deals of the day last for 48 hours.
Still I may just bite at this price and get it before the 2nd of March along with some other games releasing by then.

Knurek

we all do, but some games are not about gameplay, IDK how you can say that when you play VNs and like them, even those without choices, right? And VNs aren't cheap too.

If a game with actual gameplay gives me characters as great as, say, Joshua and Estelle, I'll be one happy pony. Till then, I'm happy with readingplaying VNs.
Well, Mass Effect did. Not much else though, of what I've played anyways

I actually prefer shorter experiences that are more tightly crafted, than busy work meant on extending the life of the game.

I've grown to like shorter games as well, I still love my big open world slogfests but a short narrative experiences are great too.

They don't cost you €20.

I can appreciate that, I just wish there where more games that I could describe as jaw dropping, I would be happy to pay whatever they wanted because those type of games come by very rarely for me personally.

Seems the dev was successful enough, according to SteamSpy. So there are enough people out there appreciating shorter, more crafted experiences.

That's great to hear, I look forward to what they do next.

Vuze

I'm using a different computer with Windows 10 and Firefox 51, and I don't have the same emojis as with the other computer. Some things are just crazy. It is ruining my experience of NeoGAF.

DxTFUi3.png

Edit: Based on the "thinking face" (🤔), I used to have the Apple ones and I currently have Emoji One:

Edit-cubed: Microsoft 10 Anniversary Edition. This explains the differences.
Yeah the shitton of different emoji sets is annoying. I was looking into crafting a font for the superior Apple ones on Windows 10 for consistency across my devices but I eventually gave up.

E: Wait, you got the Apple ones on Windows? Like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom