• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

UkE8giK.gif

I remember when final fantasy was realistic.

zkylon

zkylewd
No one hyped for new Mass Effect? I'm litte worried, I mean I still have ME2 as one of the four featured games on my Steam profile, so I really want the new one to be good but I know I shouldn't be hyped.:S
i wouldn't say hyped but i'm looking forward to it

still considering if i should preorder it, i feel like the line of open world i enjoy is very thin and i can't tell if andromeda will be in or out. like, mako and exploring planets with lots of mobility sounds great to me, as well as a fresh new story, but crafting systems are a big turn off for me so idk

i'm really rooting for it, tho, while i absolutely hated mass effect 3 i really want them to turn it back around into something great

ICEY is not metroidvania.....It's a 2D character action game and I absolutely love the hell of everything about it.....I just hit a real hard part of it I've died mutiple times to, I guess I'm near the end though :_:

No one hyped for new Mass Effect? I'm litte worried, I mean I still have ME2 as one of the four featured games on my Steam profile, so I really want the new one to be good but I know I shouldn't be hyped.:S

I don't get hyped for games anymore but I'm looking forward to the game a lot. I intend to play the Origin Access demo and if I like the game, I'll be excited about how good it is when I'm actually playing it.

Gaming board hype is just a waste of time.

Monooboe

i wouldn't say hyped but i'm looking forward to it

still considering if i should preorder it, i feel like the line of open world i enjoy is very thin and i can't tell if andromeda will be in or out. like, mako and exploring planets with lots of mobility sounds great to me, as well as a fresh new story, but crafting systems are a big turn off for me so idk

i'm really rooting for it, tho, while i absolutely hated mass effect 3 i really want them to turn it back around into something great

Yeah I don't mind if it is open world but I hope more RPG than DA:I. Also of course I hope for good romance options haha.

Do you generally dislike crafting or specificly how it is in MEA? I don't want to read about it because want to go in unknown.

I don't get hyped for games anymore but I'm looking forward to the game a lot. I intend to play the Origin Access demo and if I like the game, I'll be excited about how good it is when I'm actually playing it.

Gaming board hype is just a waste of time.

Ah yeah I think I often use "hyped" mostly as just really looking foreward to a game. When does the demo go live?

Ascheroth

eZxyb4H.png

There we go!
Didn't initially think I'd go for all the achievements, but since they weren't unreasonable and the game is fun, I thought why not.

ICEY spoilers AHOY

There's an area near the clocktower with two giant hammer wielding mechas that fuck me up real bad. I can't beat it and it drives me nuts

MUnited83

For you.
man there is a surprising amount of people doing 100% on Atelier Sophie.

Is Atelier the series that finally cures the backlog curse?

BasilZero

Evoland 1's controller option is broken.

Doesnt read my Xbox 360 controller nor my Dualshock 4.

Keyboard/Mouse is fine but still....none of the fixes worked :(

Decided to play Astebreed yesterday instead and beat it - pretty rad game, 78 out of 100.

Zeknurn

The last good game Bioware made was Dragon Age Origins and everything after it has been progressively worse. So while I hold Mass Effect 1 dear, I have no hope for the future of the franchise.

For last week, I haven't been able to get into the steam mobile app. I was logged in and everything was fine for the last few years, but I was getting errors trying to confirm market listings. Then it signed me out and when I try to sign in, I just get a spinning wheel that will spin indefinitely. This happens on my iphone and ipad. I can login on desktop, website, and mobile website, but not the app. Any ideas? I have tried reinstalling the app.

Teggy

After reading that person say they spent over 40 hours on Steins;Gate and having only spent 15 hours on it, I decided I'll just watch the anime.

Here are some extras.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ramoisdead, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bit Blaster XL -- MB-DC7BDE9A02B6E147 - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Contrast -- MB-935AB93FB518FB9B - Taken by Smeagol. 25 entrants total.
Galak-Z -- MB-B256DE1F8EAB91CE - Taken by tuxfool. 7 entrants total.
I Am Bread -- MB-FD2120C55E6E0009 - Taken by PAUonePUNCH. 12 entrants total.
Odallus: The Dark Call -- MB-80FC517B32D032A7 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 6 entrants total.
Star Wars Battlefront II -- MB-934937642E6046FC - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars: Dark Forces -- MB-2F512E45C8D9BBD8 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Starward Rogue -- MB-A7E73918EB7AD254 - Taken by rainking187. 5 entrants total.

t1488157042z1.png

Parsnip

RIP Bill Paxton

Anyone here getting a Switch?

I kinda want one, my problem is that Zelda is the only game Im interested in and it's also on Wii U and I own a Wii U.
Nop. Too expensive for one game (Zelda).
I'll buy it when they make it a purely home console, drop the unnecessary screen and with it the price.

Will buy at a generous discount.

If there's one thing I dislike about Atelier Sophie it's the rumor system when it comes to the optional bosses. If you fulfill the conditions you should always be able to just buy it instead of having to pray to the RNG gods.
Defeated the Light Elemtal earlier and spent like 3 in-game months trying to get the Evilking rumor to pop up, but no luck so far so far, urgh.
Oh yeah. Check rumors, sleep, repeat.
Really annoying.
eZxyb4H.png

There we go!
Didn't initially think I'd go for all the achievements, but since they weren't unreasonable and the game is fun, I thought why not.
Welcome to the best club.

zkylon

zkylewd
YBVsYQX.gif

almost as good as the stuff in league

Yeah I don't mind if it is open world but I hope more RPG than DA:I. Also of course I hope for good romance options haha.

Do you generally dislike crafting or specificly how it is in MEA? I don't want to read about it because want to go in unknown.
i don't like those systems as a central game mechanic in general, specially in rpgs.

it was cool in like the last of us cos there was a fun tension of crafting shit in the middle of a scary situation but in games where u just get components instead of loot i just feel like there's an extra layer of complexity that i personally as a person that doesn't give a shit about loot find pretty tedious and repetitive and boring

Jawmuncher

Dragon Age Inquisiton was the first Bioware game since they started the whole romance things, where no one loved me. I was consistently pissing everyone of my teammates off in some way, since I was playing every part of the field.

Hektor

Dragon Age Inquisiton was the first Bioware game since they started the whole romance things, where no one loved me. I was consistently pissing everyone of my teammates off in some way, since I was playing every part of the field.

At least SteamGAF will always love you

tmarg

RIP Bill Paxton

Nop. Too expensive for one game (Zelda).
I'll buy it when they make it a purely home console, drop the unnecessary screen and with it the price.

Like they dropped the Wii U gamepad? Nintendo has never shown a willingness to abandon their gimmicks, I wouldn't count on them doing it now.

Wok

Just for the sake of closure, I confirm that it is the Windows 10 anniversary update published in August 2016 which updated the emojis available in Firefox. 🤔

Windows 10 Version 10.0 build 10240:
DxTFUi3.png

Windows 10 Version 1607 build 14393:
94Vjjt7.png

To know your version of Windows 10, run winver.exe.

Mikurden

I hope you learned a valuable lesson.

Durante

man there is a surprising amount of people doing 100% on Atelier Sophie.

Is Atelier the series that finally cures the backlog curse?
It cures everything.

Might make the backlog worse though, since playing it for 100 hours means you aren't playing shorter games :p

In all seriousness though, seeing so many people in SteamGAF enjoy Atelier makes me really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom