• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

wtf is Nocturne?

is SMT 3 coming to Steam?

Huge deal, SMT, huge deal, it's true, we all know it, but it isn't on PC, huge deal. We need to, we really do, we need to take that out of Atlus hands, we really need to, and then put it on steam, and we will make ozium pay for it, ozium will pay for it and we get SMT on steam.

Teggy

Dear RE characters, when you kill a boss, don't just walk away. Smash its brains. Turn it's giant eyeballs into scrambled eggs. Burn it to ash. DO NOT JUST WALK AWAY.

Huge deal, SMT, huge deal, it's true, we all know it, but it isn't on PC, huge deal. We need to, we really do, we need to take that out of Atlus hands, we really need to, and then put it on steam, and we will make ozium pay for it, ozium will pay for it and we get SMT on steam.

Those so-called publishers won't put SMT on Steam. Sad!

NeoRaider

man Abzu is short, I mean I knew that, but I dont think I even got 2 hours out of it.In fact just looked at the time and it took me an hour and a half roughly, since I did it in one sitting and started around 8pm. I didnt even particularly rush, I tried to meditate on the stones I found, and click those fish pool things that I sw around, but at the same time, I think its actually to the game's detriment to look around too much, I feel it has a flow and that completely breaks said flow.

Im conflicted about it. I loved everything about the game, but I would never pay 20€ for it, nor would I advise anyone to do it. If it existed in a vacuum, or in a fantasy world where money was infinite, its amazing. But it doesnt, it lives in a world where 20€ is like 5% of many countries minimum wage for example. Reminds me of Gone Home, another game I enjoyed very much but would never buy for 20€, and the kicker is, I dont even think either should be longer... I mean, maybe Abzu could use with like an hour more or something, but I certainly wouldnt want 8 hours of just what it offers. And it "looks" expensive, theres that, just from a visual standpoint, youre getting your money's worth...argh, thank god im not a reviewer lol.

On the other hand, its a perfect humble monthly game. Which is a weird thing to say lol. It also made me want a "full" game with these mechanics and more on top, like a proper action adventure game with this tech, especially when you
actually jump out of the water and can move around
. Amazing experience, thats for sure.

Also, if you dont like it, you have no soul and should go to a church or something and have that checked.

I regret spending my money on it. And if i was able i would probably ask for a refund after 1 hour of playing. I don't think that it's a bad "game", or should i say experience? It's just pretty meh overall. Nothing special... and some ppl even here on GAF hyped it a lot. I guess i expected little more.

It's not even about the length. For example i spent similar amount on INSIDE and finished it in around 3 hours compared to 2 hours of ABZU. But i never regret spending my money on INSIDE.

Teggy

I think I fought one boss 4 times in Revelations.

This dude they fight in 6 is just ridiculous. Sure, sometimes he falls out of reach and appears to be burned up or something. But this one time his body is just lying there. They are in no rush. They can make sure to incinerate him or something. But nah, we good.

Also, when he officially dies? Much worse things have been done to his body.

This dude they fight in 6 is just ridiculous. Sure, sometimes he falls out of reach and appears to be burned up or something. But this one time his body is just lying there. They are in no rush. They can make sure to incinerate him or something. But nah, we good.

Oh yeah, that one was good too.

Steam has only two big sales: summer sale and winter sale only?

There's also a similar sale for Black Friday that's a bit shorter than those two but has similar deals to them.

Regginator

Is there a way to not have Steam categories automatically sort in alphabetical order, but instead just the order of your preferences?

Anyone? The only "solution" I got, or should I rather say work-around, is placing a number before the category like 1. RPG, 2. Strategy, 3. Stealth, etc. etc, but that's hardly any different than just plain alphabetical order...

I mean there is so many sales now that it kinda doesn't matter imo. Summer, Winter, Halloween, Autumn/Fall/Thanksgiving, There is some more I am missing.

Ah right, the Halloween one. I always feel that is too late since I usually like to spend October playing horror games so I wish they went on sale at the start of the month instead of at the end.

What was that program that automatically determined the best prices to sell cards at? I've got way too many piled up and any way to speed up getting rid of them would be nice.

madjoki

Anyone? The only "solution" I got, or should I rather say work-around, is placing a number before the category like 1. RPG, 2. Strategy, 3. Stealth, etc. etc, but that's hardly any different than just plain alphabetical order...

You could prefix everything with (different amounts of) "​"?

It's totally invisible but alters order:

c9sns0y.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Uzzy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dishonored 2 -- MB-CF5BC925C979732E - Taken by hannes. 118 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Resident Evil 7 -- MB-0F4A786E8C2D34E1 - Taken by Vuze. 100 entrants total.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided -- MB-76A5C1216B1EE15D - Taken by Cels. 87 entrants total.

t1486340322z1.png

Tenrius

All right, I'm back from my self-imposed FFXV exile. Good game all in all, although now without its flaws. Actually, I'm still playing a bunch of Final Fantasy games this year for the anniversary , so wish me luck!

In other news, bought Little King's Story after hearing the news. Good stuff.

Pakkidis

The Simmons boss fight in RE6 should've ended on the sky bridge.

Ok I just literally completed this boss fight a few hours ago. Definitely one of the longest boss fights in RE history. In every RE the main characters just stand there while the evil villain starts transforming, start shooting, start shooting, right now...

Lain

It's my birthday today, so rather than let the existential dread about my inevitable demise along with the inevitable heat death of the universe and knowledge that all mankind's endeavours are futile and irrelevant on a long enough time scale set in, I'm going to fill that void through video games. Or at least giving some away.

Belated Happy Birthday!

Plesiades

Crazy how Ubisoft is supporting Siege. I don't really like the whole "Operators" approach, but hey, props for doing a good job.

Crazy how Ubisoft is supporting Siege. I don't really like the whole "Operators" approach, but hey, props for doing a good job.

Not trying to be glib specifically towards your post but it's rather amusing that one year of support for a multiplayer game (with two optional season passes) is considered to be 'crazy' good :p

Parsnip

How much of the Witcher 3 main quest line do I have left, I'm almost done with the
Final Preparations
quest so I assume from the name that not that much, but then again I thought the same when the game prompted me for a save way back when so I don't know anymore.

Amzin

ibn Saïd;229772441 said:
yeah i found some white dress there that was ridiculously good for starters. in fact, i beat the game while my main pawn (sorcerer) wore that dress. never changed her armor in my 35 hour playthrough

If I'm remembering right there were some crazy dresses in there too.

Yea, probably the Queen's Dress or something? It would have been really good at the start, most of those pieces would have been. I can just barely get my defenses a little higher than it now, because it takes so many item slots. I actually really wish this game had "appearance" slots because there's so many different looks and most armor just isn't that good :p Maybe I'll get to a level where it matters less about the stats though and can just look stylin'

Plesiades

Not trying to be glib specifically towards your post but it's rather amusing that one year of support for a multiplayer game (with two optional season passes) is considered to be 'crazy' good :p

For some reason I expected them to drop support really fast. But yeah, you're right. It's nothing out of this world.

I'm not following the game really closely, but it seems that every few months there's a video with new characters and map. I wonder if For Honor will get the same treatment.

Vibranium

Banned
Done RE7, it was great and more importantly has a solid foundation for RE8 to fix its glaring flaws and progress forward further. The next game does need way more diverse enemy variety for sure and I would like to see classic zombies of some sort in first-person. I somewhat liked the story though I understand it missed a lot of potential in regards to fleshing out characters more. I also want all enemies to be able to actually invade save rooms and bust through doors to create even more tension. As for the ending,
I am 100% sure that Umbrella Corps mercenary is not the real Chris. but someone else, hopefully the DLC answers some questions. Ethan is still infected by the Mold, so he will be a BOW asset to some shadowy companies for sure. I wonder if Lucas will turn up in the future.

Either way, we're about to see the return of the pure T-virus and G-virus in a RE2 remake, exciting times ahead. Birkin is still one of the greatest video game bosses ever made due to his continuous deterioration.

Parsnip

Ugh, that latest denuvo thread. Sometimes I really wish I could some people through the internets. Then I decide that writing a post is a better idea. And then I decide that it's not actually worth my time.

Wtf is Evony?

One of those weirdly successful mobile games I think.

No wait, it's the browser game with booby ladies in the ads, maybe.

I actually don't know if it's browser or a mobile game. But I remember the ads.
You know, because.

edit3: NSFW Evolution of Evony Video Game Ads NSFW

Teggy

Wtf is Evony?

Evony is a browser game (now on tablets I guess) that spammed web ads for ages with busty women saying things like, "play now, my lord."

Edit: you guys were never bombarded by those terrible ads? Crazy. It was actually originally called Civony but they had to change it because it was too much of a Civilization rip off.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Evony is a browser game (now on tablets I guess) that spammed web ads for ages with busty women saying things like, "play now, my lord."

Why u so lewd Teggy?

lol nobody's going to see the Nintendo Switch commercial, and then it'll flop again and Nintendo will go third party and we'll finally get Bayonetta on PC!
😼

Anteater

two days till Atelier Sophie, rejoice steamgaf, a historical moment of steam being finally complete is coming
soon.jpg

yeah, Sega who? Atlus who?
it's over folks

i'm still trying to finish tits, and the amount of work i have piling up while i'm playing this means i'm not going to be able to start Atelier for a week or two :(

i shouldn't have started this shit, tits is ruining my life

Borrowed my friend's ps4 and beat re7. So good. Prologue is fucked up but just the right amount. im glad they got a decent writer for the game. Capcom still got good devs after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom