• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just found out my isp is up to 200mbs default and the cunts didnt tell me. The fuck, where's my upgrade.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
One of these days I'll get better than 5 Mbps. Probably. ...Maybe.

apparently for 50€ more a month I could get 1gig lol. Had no idea speeds were that high on our ISPs.

That would be...100 megs a sec, in theory? Damn son.

Lomax

just found out my isp is up to 200mbs default and the cunts didnt tell me. The fuck, where's my upgrade.

If you have an old (3+ years) modem or router, you might have been upgraded and not be getting it because you don't have DOCSIS 3.0. That happened to me once.

I have 10mbps and I already feel like it's more than enough for me.

I'd even downgrade to 5mbps at half the free if I could. But there's no such option on my ISP.

Teggy

I haven't picked up Bravely Default in like a week since I had to look up a strat for a boss in chapter 3. It's like me and every JRPG ever.

Amzin

My spec ops mission into BBI in Dragon's Dogma to get that Ring of Perseverance was a success, only died once :p Now to resume normal adventuring.

shockdude

You could prefix everything with (different amounts of) "​"?

It's totally invisible but alters order:

c9sns0y.png
That's a neat trick. Will have to try it later.

Pixieking

Banned
About This Game
A team of veteran developers of the FINAL FANTASY franchise, headed by venerated producer Yoshinori Kitase of FFVII and FFXIII fame, brings you MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY, a mobile RPG of unprecedented quality. The PC version comes 4K visuals and smooth 60 FPS gameplay. Enjoy a dramatic story and dynamic battles in the high-res!

* Widescreen Resolution
A new widescreen full HD 1920x1080 resolution available only on the PC.
Take in the sights of Palamecia as you venture throughout its lands, with a wide field of view unobstructed by UI elements.

* 4K Visuals
MOBIUS FINAL FANTASY is also compatible with 4K resolution.
You'll be awed by the level of detail modeled in the game, from the intricate textures of metallic armor to the wisps of clouds up high in the sky.

* Quality of Life Improvements
Unbound from the limits of smartphones--no more stressing over battery life or storage space!

I have no clue what this game is about, and the Steam Store page doesn't help in any way.

Good God, how pointless.

Rhaknar

every single one of you fuckers that didnt like Abzu, you know what, you joyless, soulless bastards?

BVbv7ZY.gif

20€ is 15€ too much for it tho :3

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Beast Blaster -- MB-9CC26F98A262DBC6 - Taken by Purkake4
Enjoy.

I have no clue what this game is about, and the Steam Store page doesn't help in any way.

Good God, how pointless.

Maybe they've learned from their previous FF ports that people don't really care about what the game is about.

1080p lock? no sale.
30fps lock? no sale.

4K 60fps is where it's at for marketing!

Pixieking

Banned
Maybe they've learned from their previous FF ports that people don't really care about what the game is about.

1080p lock? no sale.
30fps lock? no sale.

4K 60fps is where it's at for marketing!

I think you might actually be right... It appears even SquEnix know no-one cares about FF's story or characters.

Vibranium

Banned
Starbreeze just earned Psi-Cadet Rank 101 with the Psychonauts 2 funding revealed. Might as well give them the Psychonaut Merit Badge as well.

zkylon

zkylewd
Maybe? It took me 80 hours to beat.
Depends on if you're going for the true ending or not.
That was a bit of bullshit design there, Atlus
yea i've gotten a few ppl warn me about the true ending stuff

i didn't do the true ending in persona 3 fes cos i liked the regular ending enough and i thought the idea of a no story super hard extra dungeon that features aigis as the protagonist is the worst imaginable thing ever but i'm gonna give it an honest shot here

at least as honest as i gave p3 fes' "true ending"

i'm a bit tired of the game tbh, i'm not a big fan of the story in this one since it kind of feels to me like nothing ever happens in it, and also i'm kind of bummed that there isn't many new stuff or surprises or whatever, it's just more of the same and it feels uninspired to me

honestly it makes me want to play persona 5 even more cos that game seems like exactly the opposite, lots of unique new mechanics in and out of combat and hopefully out of the dungeons as well

too bad a regular ps4 here is like 450usd at the least, and games are like $100

too bad atlus seems very uninterested in porting the game

Ascheroth

Berseria still slowly climbing up, just reached 50k.

Also I've completed the current JRPG I was playing faster than expected and I've realized I'm now all out of JRPGs. I planned on making Trails the 3rd the next one, but that's still 2 or 3 months away at best...

Urge to buy GUST bundle rising.

zkylon

zkylewd
Are customs expensive? Why not import if not too high, would prolly get it LOT cheaper than that.
very much so

at the very least i gotta pay 50% in taxes and there's other fees and personally going to customs to turn in the paperwork and all that crap

and i've had a game and a book be outright stolen so sadly it's not the best of ideas

Ascheroth

Wasn't Zestiria already at 100K after a week? I mean, Tales Of games are generally not best-stellers, so added with the higher revenue from digital it's probably still fairly good.

I think it sold around 80k after a week and at least 50k of those were preorders where you got Tales of Symphonia with it.
Considering that I would say that Berseria already did pretty good in comparison.

Rhaknar

Lady Gaga coming to WWE 2K17?

26gsxrFEJ9MicCUKI.gif

yes I just wanted an excuse to post that gif :3

Tizoc

Wasn't Zestiria already at 100K after a week? I mean, Tales Of games are generally not best-stellers, so added with the higher revenue from digital it's probably still fairly good.
Nyet
Iirc it exceeded 50k on release but hadnt hit 100k til months later

Arthea

i'm still trying to finish tits, and the amount of work i have piling up while i'm playing this means i'm not going to be able to start Atelier for a week or two :(

i shouldn't have started this shit, tits is ruining my life

you know you enjoy that

Mivey

Nyet
Iirc it exceeded 50k on release but hadnt hit 100k til months later
Ah, very good. Then it was probably the preorder reward thing that was missing. Still, since I don't see them spending millions on the PC port, even 50K at release and another 50K in the next months would probably be rather profitable, on top of what they make on PS4 in the west.

Xanathus

Been playing through the Heart of Stone expansion for Witcher 3 and was very surprised that they actually changed the world map significantly. Really surprising way to handle a DLC, I expected them to just put all the content into a separate compartmentalized map zone.

Wok

every single one of you fuckers that didnt like Abzu, you know what, you joyless, soulless bastards?

BVbv7ZY.gif

20€ is 15€ too much for it tho :3

I cannot tell if I like Abzû. I paid 10 € for it last year, booted it and played for 1 hour, then stopped, and finally, the game appeared in a Humble Monthly bundle. Maybe it is the sign it is time for me to boot it up again and finish the playthrouh.

Ascheroth

Ah, very good. Then it was probably the preorder reward thing that was missing. Still, since I don't see them spending millions on the PC port, even 50K at release and another 50K in the next months would probably be rather profitable, on top of what they make on PS4 in the west.

They should have made around 1.5 Mio. $ revenue with that, already excluding Steams 30% and I doubt the port cost them even half of that.
Sounds pretty profitable to me.

Saty

Tales of Zestiria launched Oct 20th 2015. By Nov 1st it was at 78,456 ±7,402. But pre-orders were showing on Steamspy before that. On Oct 1st it already had 18,997 ±3,446
copies.

Guess it's the same with Berseria but it launched later in its month and has fewer days on sale for it's launch month (January). It's doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom