• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Herald will be released in 10 days.

In the meantime, the devs have an ongoing interactive vignette on Youtube.

Hey Forum Users!
To prepare you for the upcoming release of Herald, we made a special interactive video to illustrate what kind of choices you'll be making.

In this interactive vignette you are presented with a conflict set aboard the Herald, and at the end you can vote to choose how our main character, Devan Rensburg, responds to the conflict.
Voting happens on our forum and ends on Monday, 11 AM GMT!

Next Thursday we will release a new vignette which will be a direct continuation of the choice with the most votes in total!

We'd much appreciate it, if you'd share the video!

Cheers,
The Wispfire team

deejay

I cannot tell if I like Abzû. I paid 10 € for it last year, booted it and played for 1 hour, then stopped, and finally, the game appeared in a Humble Monthly bundle. Maybe it is the sign it is time for me to boot it up again and finish the playthrouh.

It's a 2 hour game or something :p Some of you guys really have the attention span of a pea.

Ludens

Banned
Lol, Mobius FF launch is such a fail.

"A new update is available", and the game closes.
Ok?
People also can't import their save from Android version apparently, there's an incorrect password error.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im so ready to be done with paint it back, but I might aswell get the last few masters out of the way.

thats not a indictment on the game's quality, thats me having 67 hours in it >_>

(I learned far too late that you could go straight into master puzzles and it would give you the previous medals too)

Arthea

im so ready to be done with paint it back, but I might aswell get the last few masters out of the way.

thats not a indictment on the game's quality, thats me having 67 hours in it >_>

(I learned far too late that you could go straight into master puzzles and it would give you the previous medals too)

Paint it Back is GOAT for the reason!

Ludens

Banned
So, thanks to my yearly bonus I got a year of Humble Monthly, and my plan is to avoid purchasing indie titles (and even AAA titles from Square-Enix already released, since they will probably end in a bundle) on Steam, and games in general.

But.

Let's say there's a Humble Bundle I'm interested in, is it safe to buy it? I mean, games from "normal" HB are not repurposed in the Monthly, right?

Sarcasm

So, thanks to my yearly bonus I got a year of Humble Monthly, and my plan is to avoid purchasing indie titles (and even AAA titles from Square-Enix already released, since they will probably end in a bundle) on Steam, and games in general.

But.

Let's say there's a Humble Bundle I'm interested in, is it safe to buy it? I mean, games from "normal" HB are not repurposed in the Monthly, right?

You can still find games from monthly in some normal ones and visa versa. Not a big deal as you are subb'd to the monthly.

But yes the monthly will ruin you, as it did I.

Xanathus

But.

You could just trade/sell the extra keys away in places like the GAF B/S/T thread. For that reason I also see no point in subscribing to Humble Monthly because I could just get the games I actually want for cheap from places like these.

gngf123

But.

It's possible, but they always focus on previously unbundled games in the monthlies. It's fairly unlikely you'll get a duplicate that way.

You could just trade/sell the extra keys away in places like the GAF B/S/T thread. For that reason I also see no point in subscribing to Humble Monthly because I could just get the games I actually want for cheap from places like these.

I already had XCOM2 and managed to pick up Abzu, Highrise, Steamworld Heist and Ryse for $5 from the BST thread, happy with that.

As soon as the monthly drops everyone goes crazy selling in the thread, prices are silly.

Durante

two days till Atelier Sophie, rejoice steamgaf, a historical moment of steam being finally complete is coming
soon.jpg
Historical!

screenshot_2017-01-29kcsxt.jpg

Dinjoralo

I feel out of the loop on the Atelier thing. I guess Durante's consulting with the port, or somesuch? There also isn't a lot out there about the series, weirdly.

Annubis

Tales of Zestiria launched Oct 20th 2015. By Nov 1st it was at 78,456 ±7,402. But pre-orders were showing on Steamspy before that. On Oct 1st it already had 18,997 ±3,446
copies.

Guess it's the same with Berseria but it launched later in its month and has fewer days on sale for it's launch month (January). It's doing fine.

As said before, Zestiria had an amazing pre-order bonus while Berseria has a pretty non-existant one.
It will do fine in the long run. People are just waiting for a sale.

So this month's purchases are looking to be extensive:

- Splasher
- Gust Ports
- Bleed 2
- The Wardrobe
- Night in the Woods
- RCR Underground
- Hollow Knight (if out this month)

Can't remember a better month for indies.

Tizoc

My wish is one day Tecmo Koei will go back and fix their earlier ports, I mean One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 was a giant mess D:

Same.
I am re-reading the One Piece manga and having a blast. Skypiea dragged a little longer than it had to but I still managed to get some fun from it.
Also Oda teasing Green Bit since 2003/2004, bless this man.

neoemonk

Looking at Read Only Memories and VA-11 HALL-A. I already have the former through a bundle, so I just need to grab the other one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm feeling pervy so im downloading Tera. Gonna get my castanid on.

What? At least I'm honest :3

Lain

I'm feeling pervy so im downloading Tera. Gonna get my castanid on.

What? At least I'm honest :3

I kept hearing the EU version of Tera kinda sucks, so if you wanna get your Elin on (you're not fooling anyone with claims of doing it for the Castanics, we all know Laharl is allergic to boobs) you might wanna go with the American one outside Steam.

Rhaknar

Tera gains imediatly good will points for not having a seperate account anymore, you just use steam. All mmos need to do this damn it.

Also apparently theres a few new clsses. Gunner, im a naked demon lady with a gigantic gun. Sounds good-

derFeef

Tera gains imediatly good will points for not having a seperate account anymore, you just use steam. All mmos need to do this damn it.

Also apparently theres a few new clsses. Gunner, im a naked demon lady with a gigantic gun. Sounds good-

Hmm.

Rhaknar

Starting area is completely different these days, guess they changed a lot of stuff over the years. Gunner seems boring tho. Or the game is lol.

Theres a big button saying the Archer got changes, but I never really played Archer before so I wouldnt know.

Kudo

Starting area is completely different these days, guess they changed a lot of stuff over the years. Gunner seems boring tho. Or the game is lol.

Theres a big button saying the Archer got changes, but I never really played Archer before so I wouldnt know.

New classes have new starting areas, I think the old classes still use the old one.

Tera region blocks. Mainly due to separate game here.

You can still install US version on Steam from EU with some command I forgot.

Sarcasm

New classes have new starting areas, I think the old classes still use the old one.

From Taiwan yea mean =p

I mean I could try playing in Chinese, I did for a little bit. Quests that aren't killing took awhile, except for potion making. Saw the character for water >.<

Rhaknar

just did a Mystic and its the new starting area. /shrug.

Forgot mystics had pets. New looking pet tho, its huge now looks pretty cool. Still had the healing ball which I always thought was a great idea for a healer except 99% of the people playing mmos are dumbdumbs and wont pick them up to heal themselves >_>

also damage seems wack, im doing like 3 times as more dmg on the mystic than I did on the gunner wtf.

edit: also the upskirt on Cast female cloth wearers is even more ridiculous than I remember. People think Nier Automata is bad? :3

Annubis

edit: also the upskirt on Cast female cloth wearers is even more ridiculous than I remember. People think Nier Automata is bad? :3

Reminds me of my elf in Lineage 2.
The healing spell animation had a breeze of wind that lifted my skirt, showing my character's panties in full view, each and every cast.

I saw a lot of panties playing that game.

Ganado

Are they any good? I love cyberpunk in general, but really not fan of point-and-clicks and visual novels...
Just finished Vallhalla and tried to play ROM a year ago. Both are bad imo, can't see why people hold Vallhalla so high, with no better words at hand, I'd say it's really cringy. "Time to mix drinks and change lives" UGHH

Dinjoralo

Just finished Vallhalla and tried to play ROM a year ago. Both are bad imo, can't see why people hold Vallhalla so high, with no better words at hand, I'd say it's really cringy. "Time to mix drinks and change lives" UGHH
I liked Vallhalla. To me, the dialog just felt really well done, funny and impactful. ROM was a bit nyeh to me, though.

neoemonk

I have poor taste so I assume I will enjoy ROM and Valhalla. For example, I did not find the story in Fire Emblem Fates to be incredibly offensive.

Rhaknar

that was actually kinda fun, mainly because they changed the Mystic a ton compared to back in launch and its kind of awesome now. Too bad its still a mmo and im already bored. It annoys me that these games always have cool ass classes that I would like to play in a proper rpg. Oh well.

Speaking of proper rpgs tho

vNLYmKI.png

Alright, so. In Rimworld, a rat attacked one of my dudes, Raygun. She valiantly slew the rat, but not before it messed her up.

How bad, you ask? (The image doesn't actually show any of the action, alas. It's just a record of the wounds.)
It crawled up her right leg, leapt onto her right shoulder, bit her in the neck, and then scratched her in the right eye, before she managed to take it down. The eye attack left a scar.

Raygun had a pistol equipped, mind.

Take nothing for granted in Rimworld. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong in the worst way possible. And if you're lucky, you can struggle ever forward.

Ganado

I liked Vallhalla. To me, the dialog just felt really well done, funny and impactful. ROM was a bit nyeh to me, though.

It sure had its moments, but for example Dorothy and Donovan's dialogue felt "too forced(?)" most of the time. Can't really explain it, but bleh. It wasn't the worst I've played, but I wouldn't recommend it for 15 bucks. Also, the gameplay was clunky and should've just been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom