• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

Alright, so. In Rimworld, a rat attacked one of my dudes, Raygun. She valiantly slew the rat, but not before it messed her up.

How bad, you ask? (The image doesn't actually show any of the action, alas. It's just a record of the wounds.)

It crawled up her right leg, leapt onto her right shoulder, bit her in the neck, and then scratched her in the right eye, before she managed to take it down. The eye attack left a scar.

Raygun had a pistol equipped, mind.

Take nothing for granted in Rimworld. Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong in the worst way possible. And if you're lucky, you can struggle ever forward.

To be fair... Have you ever tried to shoot a fucking rat with a gun?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gunmetal Arcadia is out tomorow, wasnt this in some humble monthly as a original?

Tenrius

Decided to check if Munch's Odyssee is still a mess. Yep, still is. FMVs are stretched out in 1080p, menus are impossible to control with a gamepad (you can't move the cursor, sticks and directional buttons don't actually work) but it somehow works in the game proper, lots of general wonkiness.

Also this:

A7E6C00AA411A7EC08C4FDA3FB87CCF757D17783

I still can't wrap my mind around these ports. Apparently there was a separate version for the PS3 and it's actually good? Same story with Stranger's Wrath: both games got shitty PC ports and separate PS3 HD versions (subsequently ported). Why did they feel the need to develop separate versions for those platforms, with such a dramatic difference in quality to boot? The PC versions got some patches over the years, but they are STILL not up to par.

Tizoc

When the heck is Daemon Bride coming to Steam?
http://youtubeonrepeat.com/watch/?v=YyLtW8uMLcE

Decided to check if Munch's Odyssee is still a mess. Yep, still is. FMVs are stretched out in 1080p, menus are impossible to control with a gamepad (you can't move the cursor, sticks and directional buttons don't actually work) but it somehow works in the game proper, lots of general wonkiness.

Also this:

I still can't wrap my mind around these ports. Apparently there was a separate version for the PS3 and it's actually good? Same story with Stranger's Wrath: both games got shitty PC ports and separate PS3 HD versions (subsequently ported). Why did they feel the need to develop separate versions for those platforms, with such a dramatic difference in quality to boot? The PC versions got some patches over the years, but they are STILL not up to par.
JAW updated the Munch game sometime last year IIRC.
In fact both Stranger's Wrath and Munch should run better now, maybe redownload them? Stranger's Wrath ran fine for me last I played it for one thing.

Tenrius

JAW updated the Munch game sometime last year IIRC.
In fact both Stranger's Wrath and Munch should run better now, maybe redownload them? Stranger's Wrath ran fine for me last I played it for one thing.

Well, I just downloaded it yesterday. They did update it, but it's still a lazy point (the points from my original post still stand). Furthermore, reading the patch notes, it looks like they migrated some assets from the HD version, but apparently not all of them.

As for Stranger, I played that two years ago on the PS3 after finally giving up on the PC version. It straight-up didn't work for me on launch and while three years worth of patches made it feel a little better, it still didn't perform well on my laptop and there were visual artifacts.

Dinjoralo

Owners: 2,414 ± 1,423
:(
Let's hope it picks up once it's released.
Uh... Yeah, I'll wait until this comes out, at least. I'm trying to not throw my money at everything I see, and GamePump has made me wary of things SteamGAF is hyping up so heavily.

Corpekata

Banned
I feel quite a few people won't jump in until they know it is a good enough port. Koei Tecmo ports have burned people just enough times to be sceptical.

And, y'know, it's a preorder of a year old entry in a niche as fuck series that has ignored PC for like a decade, with very little incentive to preorder.

Like what are fans expecting it to have at this point?

Knurek

And, y'know, it's a preorder of a year old entry in a niche as fuck series that has ignored PC for like a decade, with very little incentive to preorder.

Like what are fans expecting it to have at this point?

1080p60 with good IQ will be nice to have.

BasilZero

I finished among the sleep yesterday

Among the sleep was not what I had expected - for some reason it just would not run over 20 fps on my gaming laptop (nvidia 745m 2gb, 8 GB ram, i7 dual core 3.4 ghz) no matter what I did but on my gaming desktop (HD Radeon 7850 2gb, 6gb ram and amd athlon x2 630 quad core 2.8 ghz) it runs at 60 fps with a drop to the 40s to 50s but it was pretty rare.

Have windows 7 on desktop and 8.1 on the laptop so not sure if that was the cause.

(I seriously need to upgrade or build a new PC altogether , my rig is showing its age literally (7 years old this month))

Didn't really like it , it was quite buggy, gameplay was unique but frustrating at times, no save option other than the default auto save. 65 out of 100 is what I give it.

It's a decent horror first person view game if you get it from a indie bundle but standalone for $15 it isn't worth it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thats the baby game right? I thought it was alright, the ending is fucked up.

Although I also only recomend it if you have it from a bundle...but then again, that goes for most games >_>

Finally got around to playing Batman Arkham Knight. It runs just perfectly on my current system (i5 6600k oc to 4.2 ghz, 16 gigs memory, 1070 GTX) at 3840 x 2160 with all the options on but AA. it was locked on 30 and never dipped in the 2 hours I played. If I unlocked it, the game would hit 60 but it would dip into the mid 30s often and got annoying quickly.

I like the city a lot, and the combat is as great as ever. However the batmobile sucks. I mean I guess its ok but it so isn't what I want to do in the game and it forces you to use it for jumping puzzles way too often. Also maybe I missed it but why isn't battle mode a toggle instead of a button you have to hold in all the time to work?

Also the story line isn't that interesting.

Tizoc

Well, I just downloaded it yesterday. They did update it, but it's still a lazy point (the points from my original post still stand). Furthermore, reading the patch notes, it looks like they migrated some assets from the HD version, but apparently not all of them.

As for Stranger, I played that two years ago on the PS3 after finally giving up on the PC version. It straight-up didn't work for me on launch and while three years worth of patches made it feel a little better, it still didn't perform well on my laptop and there were visual artifacts.
Well for Stranger it runs fine just don't use MSAA or whatever the option is called in the launcher.

One thing I suggest is making sure that the games are set to use your dedicated graphics card (NVidia, Radeon). I know it's silly thing to say but in my case some games for whatever absurd reason would revert to Intel HD if the dedicated GFX card isn't set as the default.

rahji

damn that dark souls 2 DLC is really hard. dying a lot in the tower of brume. found 2 bosses so far, but cannot beat either of them.

Grief.exe

Decided to check if Munch's Odyssee is still a mess. Yep, still is. FMVs are stretched out in 1080p

There isn't anything to be done on this point.

Finally gonna go through RE1 Remastered. Eventually I'll make my way to 7 :p

I really enjoyed my first time playing RE1 when the remaster released. I have a feeling you will enjoy it.

Not really a "game" but didn't Jasec's family and friends account access giveaway get a ton of entrants?

Edit: Nope, nevermind. It was limited and only got 117 entrants. Figured we had more MEGAGIVERS than that ;)

I believe Modbot doesn't perform its eligibility check until it has selected a winner, so there are likely even fewer megagivers than listed there.
If Modbot worked the other way, by performing checks on each entrant, that would be far too many calls.

BasilZero

thats the baby game right? I thought it was alright, the ending is fucked up.

Although I also only recomend it if you have it from a bundle...but then again, that goes for most games >_>

Yeah , the ending got me too lol

I been doing a marathon on games lately, trying to cut down my backlog of games I own on steam ;p

So far I have finished 10 games in 2017 - all from steam.

Been doing at least 1 game a week. (Focusing on short games)

Next weekend I will be doing the Stanley parable.

Eternia

I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I am enjoying Remember Me so far.

The music selection and how it flowed seamlessly from combat to traversal sequences was top notch. While the combat is a bit rigid, it feels responsive and serviceable for someone who has only played one Batman game. Visually it has a certain style that's incredibly pleasing to look at and isn't held back too much from being an older game.

Plesiades

Can confirm it's a 54.7 GB download. I'll need some comparisons before downloading.

The music selection and how it flowed seamlessly from combat to traversal sequences was top notch. While the combat is a bit rigid, it feels responsive and serviceable for someone who has only played one Batman game. Visually it has a certain style that's incredibly pleasing to look at and isn't held back too much from being an older game.

Also, best lasagna textures in the business.

I enjoyed it too, even though the combat was kinda meh and the story could be dumb (
Really? The Errorists?
). The setting was great though and the memory remixing was cool, even if there should have been way more of it and it would have been cool if it was more open-ended for what kind of results you could get. Was good enough for me to beat it and then play through again to get all the achievements.

Volimar

I really don't have room for that Fallout 4 update. Pity.

Giving Mobius Final Fantasy a try. Wish they'd port Brave Exvius. It's a fun mobile FF game, but my shitty kindle fire kept crashing with it, so I had to give it up.

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dungeon Escape -- MB-7DECCD9040892525 - Taken by Hakkelus
klocki -- MB-3FF10B373F07DE52 - Taken by chronomac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom