• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Some interesting discounts this week-
Redout at 40% off and Aqua Moto Racing Utopia for $10 to name a few.
Also Medal of Honour Airbourne is 75% off, this has a good SP campaign right?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Submerged is $5.99 in this week's deals. The game is pretty good and worth checking out.

Nillansan

Surprisingly, I got a response from a Deep Silver representative regarding Persona 5, what's unsurprising is that they are basically aping Atlus' PR, but I appreciate that someone actually took the time to answer my question nonetheless.

n14F3Su.png

There are weeklong deals, there's just nothing on the front page linking to them for some reason.

Yeah, I saw. They are now showing on the main page too.

I see The Deadly Tower of Monsters is 75% off. Might cave in, although better make sure it won't be in the next Humble Bundle tomorrow.

gngf123

Giga Wrecker was released today:

From Game Freak.

Surprisingly, I got a response from a Deep Silver representative regarding Persona 5, what's unsurprising is that they are basically aping Atlus' PR, but I appreciate that someone actually took the time to answer my question nonetheless.

n14F3Su.png

Atlus Japan are so insular that it's difficult enough for Atlus USA to send over a message to them. I imagine for Deep Silver it would be near impossible.

Nillansan

Weeklong Deals highlight: Raining Blobs

For all the Puyo Puyo lovers it is a nice and smart arcade puzzler with its own take on the formula.

Bought. Thanks for the heads up.

Giga Wrecker was released today:

Not really feeling the art style.

Atlus Japan are so insular that it's difficult enough for Atlus USA to send over a message to them. I imagine for Deep Silver it would be near impossible.

That seems to be the case, but it can't possibly hurt to ask.

Speaking of Koei Tecmo, it seems every mention of "Only on PlayStation" disappeared from both the American and the European boxart of Nioh.

It seems so weird that Sony is buying timed exclusivity for games that already were console exclusive.

More or less cheap moneyhat. It's not weird since for them, it means brand awareness. For publishers, it means cheaper marketing.
Nioh deal basically sounds like a distribution deal, which means Sony talks about the game, raise awareness around it and can supply the game everywhere. As for Nier Automata, this is more about "Right, we'll mention your game on our YouTube channel".

skny

I swear every single Sony related thread fanboys get overly defensive , look at the horizon livestream thread, they already started their witcher 3 hate circlejerk.

dex3108

n14F3Su.png

Why? Because Atlus and SEGA Japan are still living in the 90s.

I swear every single Sony related thread fanboys get overly defensive , look at the horizon livestream thread, they already started their witcher 3 hate circlejerk.

Somebody mentioned Witcher?

Kudo

Nioh marketing has been so weird about the exclusivity it's hard to say anything, from "Console Exclusive" to "Only On" to nothing in the box, but I'd assume as KT owns the rights it should make its way to other platforms later.
Already bought it so here's hoping I don't have to regret it too soon, though it's KT so who knows how the port will end up, if it's very good, could likely be first game I double dip for outside Souls.

Durante

How could anyone hate The Witcher 3. That game does so much right, including things it really has no business getting right because of its amount of content.

yuraya

It seems so weird that Sony is buying timed exclusivity for games that already were console exclusive.

Its not really surprising. Sony has been doing it this entire gen. They've been moneyhating everything they can get their hands on. From timed dlc to 3rd party exclusivity to strict marketing rights. They've even moneyhatted indie games for timed exclusivity.

I guess its the only way they see to compete against Xbox and/or PC since most of their library isn't exclusive. Their first party efforts have been weak this gen and they've closed down several studios. Overall its a very weak gen for them compared to the past.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I just love how a guy got jumped because he critisiced the game while having a witcher avatar and that they continued even after he said he didn't really like witcher 3 combat either.

It's kinda funny how defensive people has been over Horizon, it's not like Guerilla games is known to make excellent games so I don't know where this blind trust came from.

Speaking of weird console exclusive talk wtf is up with Nier Automata...still no PC release date :(

During the Nier: Automata Q+A last week, when someone asked if there were any updates on the PC Version, the designer of the game said "We're working hard on it, but if I said anything, ninjas from SE would try to kill me, so I've got nothing to announce." That pretty much points to something going on behind the scenes that is stopping them from speaking about the PC version at all until a certain timeframe (after the PS4 version is out).

Weeklong Deals highlight : Raining Blobs

For all the Puyo Puyo lovers it is a nice and smart arcade puzzler with its own take on the formula.

Wow cool thanks for the exposure. I'm gonna pick it up. It also led me down the "Japanese" arcade puzzler rabbit hole and found Super Puzzle Sisters. I'm really intrigued in the whole Coop Puzzlers I see in SPS and Critter Crunch where you can team up on one giant board. Any more games have this feature? Steam tag search is really bad as it only seems to search recent and popular releases and not their entire catalogue.

Just as warning, this won't work if you never DI 3.0 added to your account, so make sure it's listed in account details before buying.

what if you downloaded it and then later deleted it?

it's in my account details from October 2015 but I deleted it so it's not in my games list anymore

Nzyme32

So regarding Resident Evil 1 Remastered:

- Every now and then, the game goes into slow motion and then back to normal after 2 or 3 seconds. This was much much worse on my old laptop and why I didn't play the game, but a well known issue that Capcom indicate to be spec related - yet even my new computer won't stick to it. Any ideas?

- The last RE game I played properly was many years ago. I have it set to the first choice (which I assume is the hardest difficulty) and the enemies are far harder to kill with a knife than I thought they would be. Going to attempt to continue but just curious if this is a good idea for a first run or to knock the difficulty lower?

- Quite miss this style of game. I'm immediately reminded of the fun I had with RE2 back in the day.

During the Nier: Automata Q+A last week, when someone asked if there were any updates on the PC Version, the designer of the game said "We're working hard on it, but if I said anything, ninjas from SE would try to kill me, so I've got nothing to announce." That pretty much points to something going on behind the scenes that is stopping them from speaking about the PC version at all until a certain timeframe (after the PS4 version is out).

Yeah I saw that...I hate all this timed bullshit

gngf123

At this point it is fairly obvious that Sony moneyhatted timed exclusivity to Nier, and prevented Square from talking about the PC version.

Where was that Square employee who outwardly said he wasn't allowed to talk about it?

EDIT: Yeah, that

xist

I'm playing Mass effect for the first time and it's insane that I have an ENTIRE SPACESHIP at my disposal and yet am unable to carry more than 150 weapon thinga-mebobs.

Also having Martina Sirtis voice Benezia really sucked me out of Mass Effect and into Star Trek....

C4rter

Currently playing "Singularity" for the second time (first time at release some 7 years ago) and I'm still loving it.
And I know what I miss most nowadays: A great first person shooter like "Singularity" and others like it.
What a shame that not even Raven Software (the FPS gods) are making them anymore but have to do slave work for COD. What a waste.

Nzyme32

Currently playing "Singularity" for the second time (first time at release some 7 years ago) and I'm still loving it.
And I know what I miss most nowadays: A great first person shooter like "Singularity" and others like it.
What a shame that not even Raven Software (the FPS gods) are making them anymore but have to do slave work for COD. What a waste.

Ah keep forgetting to play this one. It will be next on my list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom