• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endruen

I got it to 60+ FPS with a simple use all cores of my cpu command. Game still looks like shit and still has stupid LOD stutter.

I play it on epic except shadows and textures which are only set to high, but it looks good enough. It needs optimization, but in my case isn't as terrible as everyone says, a newer rig should be able to play with everything set to epic without any issue.

FLD

I'm already considering the BTA tier, Symphonia would make me go for it. I tried it on PS3 a couple years back and dropped it because I found it boring but I kinda want to give it another shot. I've been playing Zestiria on and off and it's alright.

illusionary

I'm already considering the BTA tier, Symphonia would make me go for it. I tried it on PS3 a couple years back and dropped it because I found it boring but I kinda want to give it another shot. I've been playing Zestiria on and off and it's alright.

Same here - I already have Project CARS from the recent Monthly, but I'd jump up to BTA if Tales of Symphonia was in there. In my case, though, I loved the game, from right back in its Gamecube days, even if I've since foolishly sold that copy.

I might even see fit to go up to $15 for Zestiria too...

Battlechili

Banned
KT is releasing Nights of Azure and Atelier Sophie at 12AM PST. On a weekday. WHY KT WHY
Now I have to decide whether I should stay up late to play them as soon as they come out or just wait until I'm free tomorrow x_x
EDIT: Ninja'd.

Lomax

If anyone wants a cheap Disney Infinity 3.0 gold edition and download the free disney infinity 3.0 on steam and was added to your account before it was taken down, Gamersgate. com has 3.0 playsets on sale and can get the Rise of the Empire playset for $5. When you redeem it, you get the gold edition.
https://www.gamersgate.com/DLC-DISN...30-star-wars-rise-against-the-empire-play-set

Ugh, they must have run out of keys or pulled the deal because it's showing full price now. Would have definitely grabbed it at $5.

Dinjoralo

KT is releasing Nights of Azure and Atelier Sophie at 12AM PST. On a weekday. WHY KT WHY
Now I have to decide whether I should stay up late to play them as soon as they come out or just wait until I'm free tomorrow x_x
EDIT: Ninja'd.

Wait, they're releasing two games at once? And one the same day as Nioh, to boot. That's madness.

Ugh, they must have run out of keys or pulled the deal because it's showing full price now. Would have definitely grabbed it at $5.

when they posted that the sale only had a little under 3 hours to go so it probably just expired before you had a chance to get it

Vibranium

Banned
Well at least we have Bethesda. Last couple of year they are killing it with singleplayer FPS games.

All we need now is for a Bethesda studio to make a cyberpunk FPS/RPG game like Deus Ex. Especially to replace Prey 2's concept.

Cyberpunk 2077 will help fill the void while the DE franchise rests on ice, but that's one game and it still has a couple of years to go probably.

gabbo

Well at least we have Bethesda. Last couple of year they are killing it with singleplayer FPS games.
Raven was always like the king of BTier fps. Like id's younger, at times more ambitious sibling. Not quite reshaping fps mold but making the best titles with genre confines

Lomax

when they posted that the sale only had a little under 3 hours to go so it probably just expired before you had a chance to get it

*sigh* would have been nice to know that, might have made the gamble at the time, I just wanted to double check my account to make sure the license was still there. Ah well, maybe it will happen again sometime.

Nzyme32

For the first time in a decade, I no longer have a Civilization game installed on my computer. Instead, Stellaris is ruling the roost.

It's not that there is a problem with Civ V or VI, but simply that I've enjoyed Stellaris so much that it is now the dominant thing. That and a bunch of other games I'm going through oh so slowly from the backlog, means Civ will have to sit out for a while.

Steelseries Engine software adding a nice perk playing Xenus 2. Crouch is hold C, or Page down, and Page down again for prone. The game wouldn't recognize my mouse's thumb buttons for binding, but I can reassign them through Engine. Tada, quick prone for fast stealth and precision aiming!

I don't think the Steam Controller Configurator can rebind keyboard to keyboard or keyboard to mouse. A little lack there.

Anyway, X2 is fun, but much more slow going than a Far Cry. I wish the distance to objectives was displayed in the missions screen. That'd be SO helpful.

gngf123

Atelier unlocking basically when I wake up, but will need to wait until I'm home from work before I can try it.

Hopefully the port is as good as Durante makes it sound.

Parsnip

Just to confirm - thanks a lot for this one. The dropbox link works and it fixes the issue. I messed with the settings but would still get the odd drop to 40fps. Now it's at well over 100 all the time when uncapped

Neat.
I'm curious, is your cpu or gpu from amd?

For the first time in a decade, I no longer have a Civilization game installed on my computer. Instead, Stellaris is ruling the roost.

It's not that there is a problem with Civ V or VI, but simply that I've enjoyed Stellaris so much that it is now the dominant thing. That and a bunch of other games I'm going through oh so slowly from the backlog, means Civ will have to sit out for a while.
I'm in the same boat. Paradox's games have completely eclipsed Civ for me. They just seem so much more interesting.

CK2 and Stellaris (plus EU4, though I've played far less of it) have so much more personality due to their asymmetrical aspects like events, uneven starts, and less-than-linear progression; it makes their campaigns a story reaching for a conclusion, rather than a match being completed. Like, the way Civ embraces cold hard numbers, build orders, etc. in a rush to become a board game is a great strength turn-to-turn, but it does nothing for the game overall.

And a special call-out to CK2. The way it turns simple numbers, stats and events into distinct personalities, histories, and grand overarching stories is nothing short of transcendant. Paradox deserves all the success coming their way for making it happen.

BasilZero

Come ooooon xenoverse and pacman CE 2 added tomorow!

Its going to be symphonia and CE 1 isnt it? ;_;

I am hoping its at least Xenoverse 1 or Tales of Symphonia.

I paid $8 just for CARS, Total War and Pacman lmao - I didnt realize I had all the other games bar Naruto which I bought on the first day of 2017 ~___~.

Annubis

About Stellaris, is it like most games where expanding is the key to victory or can you instead manage something smaller well and be ok?

Aaron D.

I've barely touched Civ VI and I had the game pre-ordered and everything. There's nothing wrong with the game. I just find my genre interests wandering elsewhere.

But that's the great thing about pillar franchises like Civ. They've got legs that stretch out for years, so it's not like they're going anywhere. I'll quietly back-burner VI while it continues to be further developed and refined through patching and DLC. Then when I eventually to come back to it, the game will be more mature and my experience presumably better.

Evergreen strategy titles are just so incredible. The best are in a constant state of evolution. I'm currently back on the CK2 train (so good) and was just reflecting that the game's 5 year anniversary only a week away. It's a completely different experience today than it was at launch. And if anything entirely more engaging than it was back then as well

Good times.

Tagyhag

Holy SHIT I had no idea Ignition came out on Steam (And GOG earlier)

Unfortunately it's not the remaster that I was hoping would appear from Gamepump, but if you're someone who enjoyed RC Racer games I highly recommend it.

ss_8c3f75d2b372eb4b038ccd237a784aa874faec5a.1920x1080.jpg
ss_24e6595019a94b5debdd24d8697b3d02e792b7c8.1920x1080.jpg
ss_d058020ef85d43d1daeb8c4e32ab9f8c6b5bd01c.1920x1080.jpg

This Age of Strategy really is sweet. I never would've guessed it would happen, let alone be so good.
About Stellaris, is it like most games where expanding is the key to victory or can you instead manage something smaller well and be ok?

Well, the only real victories are domination- or annihilation-based, but the road to get there is quite long. It's sort of a hybrid between grand strategy and 4X.

But anyways, building "tall" (i.e. holding onto a small territory) isn't really viable right now unless you're part of a federation IIRC. It will be expanded upon with the new expansion, but currently the only benefit is more efficient research vs. large empires awash in energy and minerals (which lets them build huge fleets).

Theoretically, a small empire could have few, super high-tech ships that would outclass a much more numerous foe, but with the way scavenging research works that wouldn't be feasible for very long. They would inevitably destroy a ship or two, scavenge some research, and jumpstart their work on your tech. (A ship component that reduces tech scavenging should be added. Ultra high-tech, low-pop aliens must be a thing in Stellaris.)

Buraindo

Finished Ys II. Took me a while but I got around to it at last.
Pretty good though I think I enjoyed the first one a bit more if only because I didn't feel like I was running around in circles as much as in this one. Had a harder time finding the way forward in some sections than I did fighting most bosses and enemies. And boy were some bosses annoying. Either way, good stuff.
The Oath in Felghana is the one I should play next right?

Jawmuncher

Finished Ys II. Took me a while but I got around to it at last.
Pretty good though I think I enjoyed the first one a bit more if only because I didn't feel like I was running around in circles as much as in this one. Had a harder time finding the way forward in some sections than I did fighting most bosses and enemies. And boy were some bosses annoying. Either way, good stuff.
The Oath in Felghana is the one I should play next right?

Same feelings as well. Enjoyed the first mode just because it was more straight forward compared to the second. Which got especially bad in that one city place that also had sewers. I had to use a guide so I wouldn't get lost.

in my steam friends activity feed, how do i unfollow games?

I don't care bout x or y game and i'm still receiving developer updates

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom