• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started my first XCOM 2 game as Legendary Ironman. 5 missions and 1.5 months in, two soldiers KIA, 6 soldiers in sick bay with 15-30 day wounds and already 2 permanent dark events.

Fuck me this shit is hard.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They did something weird, the package is $29.99 reduced to $7.24 but now all the individual pieces of DLC are also $29.99 reduced to $7.24 even just the cheapo weapons!

Seems like a complete stuff up to be honest.

Yeah, you can't buy the DLC piecemeal anymore. It's all or nothing.

kagamin

:D
17754480252836380672_xaydt.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Massive Cleavage vs Zombies Awesome Edition -- MB-A963349B7595435F - Taken by Vuze
Spirits of Xanadu -- MB-4AE39DC655B127B3 - Taken by Loptous
Wormhole City -- MB-B2534D4B1F01351C - Taken by voodooray
klocki -- MB-AFB2CE15377DA22E - Taken by Popstar

Popstar

Ah cool. I needed a new puzzle game to waste time with.

Thanks, bobnowhere!

Now I just need to find something on iOS to replace Super Hexagon and Threes when I'm on the SkyTrain.

KingBroly

Banned
Is the UMVC3 port good or bad?

EDIT: >:| my email alerts lied to me. They need a 'now available for pre-purchase' email. Got me all excited for nothing.

Ascheroth

Atelier Sophie did even crack into top 20 bestseller list... on release day...

star-trek-enterprise-wyj77.gif

why is steam userbase bent on ruining my gaming life? why? they did it with Trails and now they totally gonna do it to Atelier, right?

It's not even out yet or featured in the banner.
The average Steam user probably doesn't even know the game exists.

Not to mention that it's a Koei port, and while we may know that it's good, the average Steam user wouldn't know that.
There's really no point in crying doomsday at this point.

I'll do my part once I have some Paypal funds either today or tomorrow.

Ascheroth

all is well, then?
I wonder why it shows 8th as a release date now
It wouldn't be a Koei release if they didn't fuck something up... and since they did get price and port quality right, the release schedule was the only thing left.

Edit: Holy shit, what perfect timing. I just received my Paypal funds the moment Atelier releases... If that's not a sign then I don't know what is.

Downloading Atelier now. Won't get to play it for another 9.5 hours still, but I'm pretty excited to try it out. I've never played any of the others in the series.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
weird i can download both the koei games, but the release dates say 8th lol

Arminsc

Not steam related but I started Titanfall 2 yesterday and I'm very surprised by the campaign. The level design is amazing on top of great gunplay. Heard it's short, so maybe I even dip on the multiplayer once I finish the campaign.

voodooray

Does anyone have a clue about the mysterious and dangerous Steam profile exploit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/5skfg4/warning_regarding_a_steam_profile_related_exploit/

Sounds like a problem which allows a steam profile page to redirect the person viewing it to a different copy of the legit looking page, hosted elsewhere and prompts them to login? Keep an eye on the displayed URL and check its a valid Steam web page before ever entering your login details.

Not steam related but I started Titanfall 2 yesterday and I'm very surprised by the campaign. The level design is amazing on top of great gunplay. Heard it's short, so maybe I even dip on the multiplayer once I finish the campaign.

yeah...the Titanfall 2 SP campaign was really well received

hopefully will pick it up soon if it gets cheap enough (or maybe gets added to Origin Access)

I know they distanced that game from Access when it launched but they later did a free MP weekend for Access subscribers so maybe it'll end up being added to that at some point

Wok

Induction has appeared on Steam:

and Humble Store:
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/induction

Induction is an abstract puzzle game about time travel and paradoxes. You are given the ability to jump through time, and are tasked with exploiting its counter-intuitive consequences. You must learn to choreograph your actions across multiple timelines, and to create strange loops of cause and effect, where the future depends on the past and the past depends on the future. Induction does not pander, but gives players the satisfaction of mastering an imaginary yet honest set of physical laws.

Tizoc

hopefully will pick it up soon if it gets cheap enough (or maybe gets added to Origin Access)

I know they distanced that game from Access when it launched but they later did a free MP weekend for Access subscribers so maybe it'll end up being added to that at some point
Part of the reason i am waiting for tf2 to go for$20
Good sp campaigns in shooters esp if they are short are right up my alley

Durante

So I can ask again, I'm downloading it now but I can't wait, does it support 1360x768 resolutions?
No, if your resolution is 1360x768 you are stuck at 1280x720. The game supports this list of resolutions:
Code:
1280 x  720
1600 x  900
1920 x 1080
2560 x 1440
3840 x 2160
(Yes it's silly, but at least the list includes 1440p and 2160p)

Arminsc

Yeah, it's a bit pricey if you only want it for the SP. Not sure if worth it at 30€ which is what i paid for it, but definitely worth at sub 20 imo.

No, if your resolution is 1360x768 you are stuck at 1280x720. The game supports this list of resolutions:
Code:
1280 x  720
1600 x  900
1920 x 1080
2560 x 1440
3840 x 2160
(Yes it's silly, but at least the list includes 1440p and 2160p)

same as always with KT I guess, shit. Since it's DX9 can't I make it work to my current resolution with GeDoSaTo?

Durante

same as always with KT I guess, shit. Since it's DX9 can't I make it work to my current resolution with GeDoSaTo?
I doubt that would work out of the box.

What should easily work is let the game render at one of its supported, higher resolutions and downsample to 1360x768.

I doubt that would work out of the box.

What should easily work is let the game render at one of its supported, higher resolutions and downsample to 1360x768.

Yeah sorry, I meant that. Also I remember someone writing a DX9 wrapper for DOA5 who had the same problem and I could play at my resolution, is there any guide to learn how to write one?

PaulSane

Ok, i'm getting some really weird seemingly random FPS drops to like 10-20 fps, the game also starts to use 70-90% of my CPU right after entering Sophie's house, while in the menu and the cutscene outside it uses 5% of CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom