• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I want to do Extra Life at some point and this happening to me is pretty much the main reason why I think it's a bad idea for me.

I have a small tradition I do once a year which is to play games until I really can't anymore.
Used to do it in the summer vacation back as a student and now I do it when I take some weeks off. Rule is to use no stimulant or caffeine.

Best I did was 42 hours in high school... it was really painful.
Did 36 last year.

24 shouldn't be that hard. At worst do a trial run before.

does steam give gog keys tho

Yes, with GoG connect.

Damn, I thought Turok sale would also have SiN on sale

Damn it. Guess I gotta cough up the dough and shut up about SiN Gold not being on Steam anymore

:/

Forgot where i heard about blaze rush but it definitely deserves mo love. Pick up and play, micro machines style w/ modern mechanics and pretty good graphics too. Highly recommended for couch multiplayer since you most likely wont find people playing online.

Well just played fallout 4 with the high resolution texture pack just to see how it would run. Have a 980ti with an i5-3340@3.1 Ghz and 8 GB ram. Ran very well on ultra with a brief frame rate dip (down to 55) in diamond city, could probably turn it down to high and get it more stable in there. It is reeeeaaaalllllyyyy hard to notice any differences between the original and the high resolution textures. I played it before and after and wondered if it was working. I actually had to quit the game and make sure it was properly installed and it was. There are a few things here and there that are a bit smoother looking and maybe has more detail but in no way do I feel it is worth the 58GB download.

Up for Pre-purchase

Yes! Will be bought when I get paid on Friday. This + Switch will make March a great gaming month for me (And maybe Nier:Automata but I really don't want to double dip).

Nyoro SF

It's rather amazing to see Marvel 3 on Steam like that. We used to debate that Marvel demanded no PC release, but I think the reality was just that Capcom didn't want to push their budget any further.

EDIT: I just noticed it said "Release Date: Dec 3, 2016". Nice paid exclusivity there Sony & Capcom. Capped for posterity.

4WkWa3r.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume the koei stuff wasnt a midnight release in uk right?

Bah back to bed !

Mahvel baby

Edit: oh its a midnight pst release? Thats in 2 hours give or take right? Yay. Guess ill make some breakfast and walk the dogs to pass the time.

Plesiades

Lol dat regional pricing. For some reason it's $6.80 in UAE and $41.73 (!!!) in Brazil. The heck is wrong with the guy in charge of the pricing.

It's a new CAPCOM thing by the looks of it. I think Resident Evil 7 has some weird pricing too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what the fuck? Paypal locked, or "limited" my account? Actually thought it was a phishing thing at first but then went on paypal' and my account is indeed fucked o_O

they are asking for photo ID, adress proof and shit... whut?

what the fuck? Paypal locked, or "limited" my account? Actually thought it was a phishing thing at first but then went on paypal' and my account is indeed fucked o_O

they are asking for photo ID, adress proof and shit... whut?
They've done that to me before. Took me ages to unlock my account.

Lol dat regional pricing. For some reason it's $6.80 in UAE and $41.73 (!!!) in Brazil. The heck is wrong with the guy in charge of the pricing.

It's $15 in Indonesia. Yummy.

It's a new CAPCOM thing by the looks of it. I think Resident Evil 7 has some weird pricing too.

Indeed. RE7 was initially $22 for a few weeks, then they randomly changed it to $30 near release.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
GOG Gwent Beta XBox One -- MB-BB653980FC0A06CA - Taken by Cth

Enjoy.

They've done that to me before. Took me ages to unlock my account.

Same, though mine was unlocked quickly once I sent a copy of my license and proof of address via a paper bill.

It's a money laundering thing and is probably due to laws in your local. Once you receive enough cash in your PP they probably hit you just about everywhere worldwide with this requirement.

I finally got my Gwent beta invite overnight as well!

Anyone here played SWAT 4? I've been playing the og for a bit now and while it is fun, Im thinking of moving onto the expansion pack, the Stechkov Syndacate. I know this game has no story so should I just play the expansion or finish the original first?

Rhaknar

the Koei games arent unlocked. I was lied to.

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rogue Port - Red Nightmare -- MB-91EC9A1D3D76F828 - Taken by rainking187

I have 8gb RAM and wanna add another 8gb. Can someone tell me where my ram is and where would i put in the new ram?

http://imgur.com/uTt5wb7

Your RAM is to the right of the CPU and (slightly) under the cooler. It looks like you have two 4GB sticks in there now, so you can either get two more 4GB sticks and use up all of your slots, or toss the RAM you have now and replace the current sticks with two 8GB sticks. Given that your CPU cooler protrudes into the RAM area, you might not be able to find RAM low profile enough to fit under it, so you might have to go the two 8GB stick route.

EDIT: Looking at it again, I really can't tell if you have two 4GB sticks or four 2GB sticks, with two in a separate style.

Blind

Though he took it at a really bad angle AND with flash lol

Yeah, i can't even tell how many there are :p

Your RAM is to the right of the CPU and (slightly) under the cooler. It looks like you have two 4GB sticks in there now, so you can either get two more 4GB sticks and use up all of your slots, or toss the RAM you have now and replace the current sticks with two 8GB sticks. Given that your CPU cooler protrudes into the RAM area, you might not be able to find RAM low profile enough to fit under it, so you might have to go the two 8GB stick route.

EDIT: Looking at it again, I really can't tell if you have two 4GB sticks or four 1GB sticks, with two in a separate style.

It does look like there are 3+ sticks installed.

Tizoc

Question-
If I am in China and buy a game there that can't be gifted to other regions, then I go back to my country/region will that game be deactivated?

Arthea

Atelier Sophie did even crack into top 20 bestseller list... on release day...

star-trek-enterprise-wyj77.gif

why is steam userbase bent on ruining my gaming life? why? they did it with Trails and now they totally gonna do it to Atelier, right?

KainXVIII

$30 in Russia, i hope its mistake. Even SFV is cheaper.

Atelier Sophie did even crack into top 20 bestseller list... on release day...

star-trek-enterprise-wyj77.gif

why is steam userbase bent on ruining my gaming life? why? they did it with Trails and now they totally gonna do it to Atelier, right?

We want FFXV-XII, Lost Odyssey or some other higher budget shit! =)
PS - Atelier is not even out yet, just wait a little..

madjoki

Question-
If I am in China and buy a game there that can't be gifted to other regions, then I go back to my country/region will that game be deactivated?

If it's just gift locked, buying to own account will give region free copy.

Otherwise it's region locked for 90 days, and region free after that.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Question-

Madjoki's already answered this, but I'll just say that you're expected to use your usual store region when travelling, which is actually why the store region system was changed to an account setting a little under two years ago -- rather than having to use the cc=xx trick, you now have up to two options on your account/cart page (one based on your IP and another on your last successful purchase). Simply being in another country isn't a licence to engage in cross-region purchasing.

Vuze

God, Steam still suffers from the "patch" issue. Had downloaded 18/20GB last night, went to bed, game got patched over night, back to 0GB <_<
This shit must be a serious issue for ppl on hard data caps, in my case it's just annoying af because of my slow connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom