• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesho

Well, this just happened:

9a3d87db41.jpg

I'm not sure what to make of it :p

god... so tempted to buy this because i badly want to play it.. but my system is a POS nowadays so i don't think i can :(

Lain

I tried a little bit of the Early Access game Obcidian Legacy by DMM and my first impression was positive. I didn't progress too far, only did some generic quests (kill x enemies before time runs out, find x number of items) and reached level 8... or 9. The game is... like a simple Diablo-clone with party (AI controlled) mechanics for solo stuff, a skill tree to unlock abilities and spend points, some simple equipment strengthening system and a gem slotting system.

Still, killing stuff is fun, the game performs well enough (though loading times for me were a bit too long) and it is colorful.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finally finished Paint it Back. And by finish I mean got every medal, from all the master puzzles. Good lord... wuld have taken me much less time if I knew earlier that you can jump straight to master puzzles and it gives you the other medals retroactively tho.

Still, im done with picross stuff for the forseable future >_>

madjoki

Antialiasing.
BTW why all japanese games use same (ugly) ui windows fonts?

They probably didn't bother using different font from English than Japanese. (Might even come from template used).

Not many fonts support Chinese/Japanese characters, because there are so many of them.

PaulSane

Just how POS are we talking? It seemed playable at 30 FPS on my laptop with Intel integrated graphics.

Did you experience any severe fps drops on your laptop? Atelier is running at a very stable 60 fps for me, except for some random occasions where it decides to slow down to 10 fps for 1-2 seconds. I tried disabling shadows and multisampling, as well as lowering resolution - and there was no effect at all, still 60 fps for 98% of the time and those annoying drops :\

Did you experience any severe fps drops on your laptop? Atelier is running at a very stable 60 fps for me, except for some random occasions where it decides to slow down to 10 fps for 1-2 seconds. I tried disabling shadows and multisampling, as well as lowering resolution - and there was no effect at all, still 60 fps for 98% of the time and those annoying drops :
hmm, try disabling your internet connection it might be some sort of crappy online drm.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the buttons on Azure seem fucked, they arent what they are supposed to be. Like B e X and shit.

It has japanese voice acting tho which is nice, same for Atelier I hope?

edit: you gotta change it in the launcher settings, thats...not ideal. But its fine now at least.

ssshadow

Neo Member
I'm intrigued as to whether my GPD WIN will handle it.

I imagine it will, 30 fps and 720p.

Did you experience any severe fps drops on your laptop? Atelier is running at a very stable 60 fps for me, except for some random occasions where it decides to slow down to 10 fps for 1-2 seconds. I tried disabling shadows and multisampling, as well as lowering resolution - and there was no effect at all, still 60 fps for 98% of the time and those annoying drops :\

Only played the opening bits for a few minutes, but no, 20-30 fps all the time.

Unai

I don't really know If I'll like Atelier, but I'll trust SteamGAF from once. Downloading it right now. It's also the first game I'm buying in 2017. (I've pre-ordered REVII last year).

Sarcasm

Yeah the game is unplayable for me. The camera keeps spinning on its own around my character.

Thankfully I think this is only an issue with me, so that is good news >.<

Fixed it.

Ascheroth

Gah, I was setting up the Direct Debit Authorization of Paypal, succesfully confirmed my bank account with the mini depoists but the last step keeps failing.
Everytime I want to accept that SEPA Direct Debit Mandate I just get a generic "Sorry, we are not able to process your request. Please try again later."
<.<

Edit: Lol, I just got it to work. For some reason it just doesn't work with their new interface but I found a link to their old one and it worked right away.
Oh well, time to buy the GUST bundle I guess.

Rhaknar

Oh I didnt know Azure was a pet game, this pleases me. Im a minion fanboy.

For those that played it or know about it, do you get new summons later on? And is there any reason not to have them all summoned with you all the time? They dont seem to have a duration.

Game seems to run great btw

Durante

Nope, no such thing on any system I tested on.

What kind of games are the Atelier games?
Awesome games.

To be more specific, they are JRPGs, but focused more on slice-of-life character stories than a big save-the-world style narrative, and mechanically a huge part of them is the alchemy system. Which you can imagine like crafting, except that unlike every other crafting system in RPGs it's actually good -- or to put it less controversially, it offers a lot of player agency, interesting rewards, and rather deep mechanics.

Yeah the game is unplayable for me. The camera keeps spinning on its own around my character.

Thankfully I think this is only an issue with me, so that is good news >.<

Fixed it.
This is related to the game using DirectInput instead of Xinput. I reported this issue -- originally it occured in every standard setup with e.g. an Xbox One controller, which would have killed the game. They did fix it in a fashion, but rather than switching to Xinput they are still using DirectInput, which can have mapping inconsistencies on some verisons of Windows.

Awesome games.

To be more specific, they are JRPGs, but focused more on slice-of-life character stories than a big save-the-world style narrative, and mechanically a huge part of them is the alchemy system. Which you can imagine like crafting, except that unlike every other crafting system in RPGs it's actually good -- or to put it less controversially, it offers a lot of player agency, interesting rewards, and rather deep mechanics.

This is related to the game using DirectInput instead of Xinput. I reported this issue -- originally it occured in every standard setup with e.g. an Xbox One controller, which would have killed the game. They did fix it in a fashion, but rather than switching to Xinput they are still using DirectInput, which can have mapping inconsistencies on some verisons of Windows.
Hey Durante I tried running GeDoSaTo with atelier but the game won't launch with it active, any idea?

Durante

Waaaait a sec, Nights of Azure support 1360x768 instead? Wut? Why TK?
Nights of Azure is DX11, supports arbitrary resolutions up to 1080p, and any other resolution by editing the registry.

Atelier is DX9, supports only a set list of resolutions, but in return that resolution list goes up to 3840x2160.

It's very much not an epitome of consistency, but at least both seemed to perform well in my testing, and both run at 60 FPS.

Hey Durante I tried running GeDoSaTo with atelier but the game won't launch with it active, any idea?
Not really -- I'm using it with Atelier (also for borderless screenshots). I'm currently on a business trip, but when I get back I'll check if my current version is the released one.

Sarcasm

Awesome games.

May be related or not, but I somehow had an extra controller (which said not connected) that I deleted. That fixed it.

Now time to (remember) try to use GeDoSaTo and downsample.

Rhaknar

damn not only are there more summons, theres a whole page full of them to collect lol. You also imediatly get a 4th one from the DLC nice.

Im into this battle system, but like I said, im a summon fanboy in any game so.

Tizoc

365Games are selling Call of Booty IW+MW1 for around $40, might bite on that offer assuming I can get the codes instead of them sending me a game box :V

Arminsc

How do you downsample?

The game is broken for me =(

No matter what I do, my camera keeps spinning around my character.

That same thing happened to me with Dark Souls while trying to use a DS4. I think it was some driver conflict.

Edit: read that you fixed it late haha

Tizoc

Looking at my list of games in the Action category, and going by how fast I am completing games atm, I'll have my current list completed by Summer @_@

Why is that patch for Little King's story still not out on GOG? Come on, Xseed...

This isn't Wall-E at all. You... you liar that lies.

FTFY.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

On sale $3.74

One of my favourite games on Steam in recent years. It's game play is decent and mechanics won't amaze you by any means, but a on-going as you move narrative that a director talking about filming each movie in terrible 1950s Ed Wood style is amusing through out. Everything being done in a "clay mation" influenced style, referencing Killer B movies from the 1930s to the 1950s (including some very direct homages), and the overall silliness of it is just fun.

That and it's interesting to see a game with a vertical progression, as you are climbing a tower.

Check it out.

PaulSane

Managed to fix those nasty fps drops by changing Atelier process priority to High in the task manager. Now the game runs at smooth 60fps with no dips, 1080p and everything maxed, no fancy AA\downsampling solutions though, but i don't really want to push my luck :p I guess my PC is showing it's age at last...

Momentary

Banned
Azure has some really hazy AA thing going on during cut scenes. But during gameplay it's pretty crisp at 6400x3600. Don't know what kind of filter they are using for the cut scenes though.

32611632162_1c95b3dba4_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom