• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Puncher

We need anime emojis

I have prepared for this day.

Nt3MuZy.jpg

I have prepared for this day.

Nt3MuZy.jpg

I'm never not horrified of whatever anime game SteamGAF always get hyped about

simultaneously never not horrified of what anime image macros that are posted here by you

SteamGAF should have a two drink minimum whenever a new anime game gets on Steam

(Except for JoJo.)

Momentary

Banned
How did you manage to set the resolution above 1080P? Through the registry?

I used Cheat Engine. It looks great, but I still have an issue where FPS gradually lowers the longer you play the game no matter what resolution it's on. It starts out at 60 and gradually lowers to the 40's. Seems like.some.kind of memory leak issue with the game.

Nillansan

I used Cheat Engine. It looks great, but I still have an issue where FPS gradually lowers the longer you play the game no matter what resolution it's on. It starts out at 60 and gradually lowers to the 40's. Seems like.some.kind of memory leak issue with the game.

Thanks for the answer. Yes that sounds exactly like a memory leak.

Eternal Card Game is not trash.
:p I don't think it is either, but I wish the game had more of an identity. I haven't played recently, but there's almost no flavor text, sound effects, or any other flair. It really holds the game back for me.

TCG or strategic card/hybrid games like Hands of Fate and that sort of thing?

I'd like to see more of the later, there's too many TCG games out there at the moment.

Some I'd recommend:
Reigns
Talisman
Boss Monster
Armello
Both, but I'm with you in that I'd prefer to see more of the latter. Of that list Armello is what I've been most tempted in picking up. Really I'd like a PVE/story focused card based tactics game. Something in the style of Duelyst/Smite Tactics/Shardbound, but with a strong campaign mode. Card Hunter was getting there.

have you tried Card city nights? if you can get over the artstyle, the card game itself actualy isn't half bad. i'm looking forward to the sequel
I had completely forgotten about this game! It looks pretty sweet and I'll probably end up picking it up. The art style is a bit awful, but this actually seems pretty fresh. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Expect 10-15 minutes of ModBot giveaway downtime.

Edit: or 3 minutes.

Please let me know if I broke anything. I just completely separated the moderation component of ModBot from the giveaway component, and while I think I copied over everything I needed to the giveaway component, I'm not positive

Nillansan

I'll post links when I get hone for the SMAA and how to adjust your resolution. I really wish someone would come up with a way to fix the framerate issues.

Excellent, sounds good. What held me back from picking up Dragon Quest Heroes initially was the reported resolution lock, now that's taken care off, it is a shame to hear that the port is suffering from a memory leak as well.

Mivey

What's wrong with this YGO game? I was under the assumption it was well recieved despite it's DLC pricing.
Don't mind me, I just never much liked the card game or the show, even when there was a huge craze around both when I was at school. At least it lead to the Abridged Series.

Expect 10-15 minutes of ModBot giveaway downtime.

Edit: or 3 minutes.

Please let me know if I broke anything. I just completely separated the moderation component of ModBot from the giveaway component, and while I think I copied over everything I needed to the giveaway component, I'm not positive

I will test it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

WHO'S YOUR DADDY -- MB-3E8AF973AA001033 - Taken by Last Baron. 1 entrants total.

t1486585964z1.png

Knurek

Thanks, so if I understand correctly, this tool can help alleviate some of the frame pacing issues in the game? Sorry about all the questions.

I'm not sure if it alone can take care of framepacing issues - you might be okay with just forcing borderless windowed by any other tool - but it surely let's you diagnose framepacing issues (just press ctrl-shift-backspace to show that dialogue window).

yuraya

I'm still surprised we haven't see a MGS HD or Legacy Collection port for PC/PS4/XBO. That seemed like an easy shot to take for Konami after Kohima left.

30 year Metal Gear anniversary is this year. Maybe we will hear something if Konami still has a soul.

Honestly tho I kinda want them to release each game individually on Steam. So that each is its own library entry with their own achievements, trading cards etc.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Reminds me of my new favorite Birthday Card.

Inside caption: Let's get this party started!

Cut out Fig 2 and you'd have a solid three-panel comic. It's a classic case of Tim Buckleyesque over-explanation: the presence of the party hat tells the viewer that she's drinking because she intends to drink, and the switch from glass to bottle doesn't actually add to the narrative.

Edit: To be clear, the "you" is royal. I don't mean to rain on your parade and am aware that you didn't make the comic.

I've been playing a lot of 100% Orange Juice lately. It's surprisingly addictive, and a lot deeper than I expected. Played a 55-Turn match last night and rolled 7 ones in a row. 10/10, would land on every bad space on the board again.

Volimar

Cut out Fig 2 and you'd have a solid three-panel comic. It's a classic case of Tim Buckleyesque over-explanation: the presence of the party hat tells the viewer that she's drinking because she intends to drink, and the switch from glass to bottle doesn't actually add to the narrative.

Edit: To be clear, the "you" is royal. I don't mean to rain on your parade and am aware that you didn't make the comic.

Oh Jase, I'm so sad that our Saoirse stan has been subjected to Tim Buckley comics.

Lol, just discovered this game, Labyrinth. I think it might be the exact game I'm looking for. Depends on if the single player content holds up. Anyone played it before?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh Jase, I'm so sad that our Saoirse stan has been subjected to Tim Buckley comics.

Haha, actually, come to think of it, I think my Something Awful days pre-date my GAF registration. I decided to pay for an account because I spent literally days combing through all the UrbEx threads and at some point stumbled upon the CAD mock thread, which I initially found amusing but eventually gravitated away from when the threads began to straddle an awkward line between taking the piss and genuine constructive criticism. In fewer words, I was just there for the 'shops.

Edit: Two things that still stick out in my mind are the bloke who claimed -- rather convincingly, in a sort of Richard Linklateresque way, to his credit -- to have spent the night with a then-budding Regina Spektor and was the inspiration for the song Samson, and Laura's diary.

Wok

If you cut out Fig 2, someone might have insulted her and she went all mad without getting drunk first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom