• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Anyone know why I cant get into settings for my Geforce experience share stuff? Like for instant replay?

alt + z and the settings gear is greyed out. I really want to change it's default save location.

Hey wbacon, sorry to hijack this but PLEASE ask around about the pricing of Capcom games in Colombia. Why do we have to pay 45% more for your games compared to the rest of the world? do you realise that we are a third world country and the current price of RE7 is 1/3 of the minimum wage here?

I want to support you guys (and many of my friends too), but those prices are ridiculous. We should be paying something similar to our Brazilian brothers.

gyfm8VY.png

That's on Valve, I believe. We get a similar treatment here in Argentina (US prices, region locked games)

Dunno why they are charging so much there though, 90 bucks for a game in South America? That's madness.

We dun goofed on that one. It should've been 54.99 BRL on Steam.

It's already been adjusted:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/357190/?cc=br

If you've already pre-ordered, simply cancel and re-buy.

Sorry about the confusion!

Could it be that other regions are also showing the wrong price?

6pIgvDJ.jpg

Russia for instance, that's certainly not the norm.

Ascheroth

Spent 30 minutes upgrading a cauldron, managed to create a bigger one with the ability to rotate ingredients (this was the hard part).

And now i realise how big of a mistake that was - i already have 700 materials in my stash, and have been spending a lot of time trying to craft best items, and i've just dramatically increased the number of possible ingredient combinations in recipes:

I have a feeling this game will take a lot of time for me to complete, especially since i've finally got a hang of this crafting system.

And now I've also made the rotation cauldron :p
It was a bit of a detour, but it worked, lol. (I've made the cauldron first but didn't manage to max it, only got to 5x5 and vertical flipping... but then I've just used this new cauldron to make it again using its better features)

Also unlocked armor crafting and the duplication shop.
The basic armor has 4 defense but I've made a Gold Thread with the trait 'Mutated Material', giving +10 defense and HP regen each turn. Gonna duplicate the thread and make some armors for everyone, wahahaha.

Man, this is fun.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's on Valve, I believe.

Nope. Steam's backend recommends pricing based on the USD$ value, but publishers are free to adjust the region-specific values, at the country level. Valve's recommendations are just that -- recommendations.

Nope. Steam's backend recommends pricing based on the USD$ value, but publishers are free to adjust the region-specific values, at the country level. Valve's recommendations are just that -- recommendations.

Oh, I mixed two things, I think.

Colombia has a specific regional store now, so that's on the publisher, yup.

Plesiades

Hey wbacon, sorry to hijack this but PLEASE ask around about the pricing of Capcom games in Colombia. Why do we have to pay 45% more for your games compared to the rest of the world? do you realise that we are a third world country and the current price of RE7 is 1/3 of the minimum wage here?

I want to support you guys (and many of my friends too), but those prices are ridiculous. We should be paying something similar to our Brazilian brothers.

The same thing happened with a few Bethesda and Square Enix titles, but not on this level. A lot of those countries are from the "second batch" of currencies, so maybe it's related somehow(?).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, I mixed two things, I think.

Colombia has a specific regional store now, so that's on the publisher, yup.

Well, region-specific pricing has always been possible. It's just that for non-supported currencies the default is USD, which requires a modicum micromanagement.

Well, region-specific pricing has always been possible. It's just that for non-supported currencies the default is USD, which requires modicum micromanagement.

Oh, I didn't know that the publishers could change prices for countries that pay in USD. So it's not just Valve who doesn't give a damn about us :(

rickyson1

played atelier for 5 or so hours

so far my biggest issue with it is it feels too aimless

I wasn't expecting much of a story focus or anything but I feel like what there is doesn't provide enough of a direction

that said in spite of that the game itself is continuing to grow on me as I unlock more things and i'm enjoying myself at the moment overall

maty

That's on Valve, I believe. We get a similar treatment here in Argentina (US prices, region locked games)

Dunno why they are charging so much there though, 90 bucks for a game in South America? That's madness.

I don't know why Valve or publishers are taking so long to offer more competitive prices in all South America not just Brazil (with the exception of Bethesda games :/)

Even when buying on GOG from Argentina, we get prices similar to what you would find on Steam Brazil while paying in USD.

Lomax

Just rediscovered Cogs on Steam after almost a decade. Still love it. Are there any other similar games to Cogs that are not just simple 2d slide puzzles?

The closest things I can recommend are Zen Bound 2 and Splice, neither of which comes even close to Cogs but both make decent use of a 3D plane and have some unique mechanics.

Spent 30 minutes upgrading a cauldron, managed to create a bigger one with the ability to rotate ingredients (this was the hard part).

And now i realise how big of a mistake that was - i already have 700 materials in my stash, and have been spending a lot of time trying to craft best items, and i've just dramatically increased the number of possible ingredient combinations in recipes:

I have a feeling this game will take a lot of time for me to complete, especially since i've finally got a hang of this crafting system.

The more you guys talk about the crafting, the more I want this game. If I wasn't still addicted to WoW I might actually get it.

I don't know why Valve or publishers are taking so long to offer more competitive prices in all South America not just Brazil (with the exception of Bethesda games :/)

Even when buying on GOG from Argentina, we get prices similar to what you would find on Steam Brazil while paying in USD.

Yup, GOG's prices are miles better than what Steam offers here. Even EA had better prices until they said "screw it" last year.

The same thing happened with a few Bethesda and Square Enix titles, but not on this level. A lot of those countries are from the "second batch" of currencies, so maybe it's related somehow(?).

Both Bethesda and Square Enix are also fucking us badly with their pricing. Capcom handles it in a weird way, there's some stuff that's actually cheaper, but their recent games are WAY too expensive for us.

Annubis

Correct, with two exceptions related to trophies in the original game. There's an item that you should synthesize before the final boss (it'll be a request), and
Monika has one missable event
. Other than that, I don't believe there are time limits on anything. In fact, this is the first Atelier in recent memory where the game continues after the end of the story, which made picking up the platinum in the PS4 version very nice. FWIW, the two trophies I mentioned above were easy to get and involved no additional planning on my part, but I tend to try and do everything in Atelier games anyways. Basically, just do what people ask you to do and you'll be fine.

So lovely to see new people playing Atelier games. Enjoy Sophie!

Oh? I might have to play it then. The time thing is always what turned me off from the Atelier serie.

Eila

gyfm8VY.png

Ye I'm mexican and have avoided getting a lot of capcom stuff directly from the store due to their odd pricing. I have many of their games but it's the cheaper ones or from the humble bundle.
I did buy REmake + RE0 last sale as it's not crazy priced.

rahji

damn smelter demon!
I have to say that summoning in dark souls 2 is really fair for the boss because he gets a lot of health. I have the impression that it is bad to bring more than one summon because the area of effect attacks of some bosses hit all my allies. My allies die fast and the boss has 400% of his normal health, huh.

Returned to D4 recently after a year long break. Restarted the prologue from the chapter select screen but found I couldn't continue my progress into chapter one. So I'm forced to pick up where I left off in chapter one knowing very little about what is going on. And the missions are so annoying that I have lost all will to replay it.

So for those who have finished it. Should I grin and bear another run through the first chapter or just move onto chapter two?

Noticed a White Owls reference in there so who knows maybe Swery will end up finishing D4 as a subcontractor like GenDesign did.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I feel like grief isn't using emojis correctly.

😷😷😷😷😷

Jawmuncher

If RE2make is this year i'll be really surprised. I highly doubt it. If they're going to do something like with RE7 and show it off close to release. It at earliest will be 2018.

DMC is probably 2018 as well.

Then again, that makes it rather odd. Since the only 2017 title for the rest of the year we know of is MVCI.

I'm betting on some more HD rereleases to pad out their year. DMC 1-3 HD on PS4, XB1, and PC seems like a safe bet. Maybe some other highly requested ones.

Devil May Cry better left dead and buried.

Capcom has anything better to do.
Like what? They've killed Street Fighter, Ace Attorney is stuck on handhelds and mobile, RE7 just launched and Dead Rising has sucked for a while.

And Sega won't release Bayonetta and Tecmo won't release Ninja Gaiden, so I need my fix for action games.

Atelier games are becoming more forgiving with time limits with each entry which is good imo.
I had to do a second playthrough of Totori because I didn't manage to finish the game in time.
Still my favorite out of the ones I played though, it was actually my first so I didn't have any experience with the franchise.

Grief.exe

If RE2make is this year i'll be really surprised. I highly doubt it. If they're going to do something like with RE7 and show it off close to release. It at earliest will be 2018.

DMC is probably 2018 as well.

Then again, that makes it rather odd. Since the only 2017 title for the rest of the year we know of is MVCI.

I'm betting on some more HD rereleases to pad out their year. DMC 1-3 HD on PS4, XB1, and PC seems like a safe bet. Maybe some other highly requested ones.

I'm still surprised we haven't see a MGS HD or Legacy Collection port for PC/PS4/XBO. That seemed like an easy shot to take for Konami after Kohima left.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is there a possibility to move games in the library an entry up or down? It really annoys me that KOTOR 1 and 2 have multiple games between...

yuraya

Like what? They've killed Street Fighter, Ace Attorney is stuck on handhelds and mobile, RE7 just launched and Dead Rising has sucked for a while.

And Sega won't release Bayonetta and Tecmo won't release Ninja Gaiden, so I need my fix for action games.

RE8, CV and RE3 remake. Outbreak remake/remaster. Dino Crisis reboot.

Anything better than another game with some naked hipster flying through the air while demons are trying to kill him.

If DMC HD Collection comes to Steam I will be content with 2 out of 3 good games.

Also that Overwatch on console with mouse and keyboard thread is amazing.

^ and nah breh I need my naked flying hipsters shooting one liners while I play guitar and eat pizza. That's why Dante is my favorite Marvel vs Capcom character.

I'd kill for a Viewtiful Joe 3

It's the perfect time to make one too, an asshole reality show star gets elected president to 'Make Movieland Great Again!'

Ascheroth

Atelier games are becoming more forgiving with time limits with each entry which is good imo.
I had to do a second playthrough of Totori because I didn't manage to finish the game in time.
Still my favorite out of the ones I played though, it was actually my first so I didn't have any experience with the franchise.

Yes, I'm not really a fan of time limits so Sophie not having any is much appreciated.
I like to experiment and optimize and having timelimts feels like it would be way too stressful for me, especially since the atmosphere in this game is so relaxing and easy-going.

Teggy

You'll have to wait for Vendetta

I've seen the other animations but I can hardly even remember what happened in them. The first one I recall had Claire and was in an airport and the second had Ada and there were some mercenaries and one was infected or something. Very memorable plots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom