• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

The closest things I can recommend are Zen Bound 2 and Splice, neither of which comes even close to Cogs but both make decent use of a 3D plane and have some unique mechanics

Yeah, that's a shame. Still have to play Splice though, so at least there's that

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you cut out Fig 2, someone might have insulted her and she went all mad without getting drunk first.

But it doesn't offer any insight into the why. It just shows, unnecessarily, that she started drinking a lot -- something that Figs 3 and 4 make unmistakably clear.

Cut out Fig 2 and you'd have a solid three-panel comic. It's a classic case of Tim Buckleyesque over-explanation: the presence of the party hat tells the viewer that she's drinking because she intends to drink, and the switch from glass to bottle doesn't actually add to the narrative.

It can control the pacing, though. Humor often relies on timing and misdirection; even a segment with no unique narrative information whatsoever can serve that purpose.

Not that I think it helps any in this specific strip because I don't think the base material is particularly funny anyway. Mileage varies and comedy is hard werk.

Ascheroth

20170208225252_1aluzs.jpg
Wahaha, now we're talking. Eat my high quality S-rank bombs, mobs!

Cornerias shop really is a god-send.
Duplicating items? Auto-refills after dungeoning?
So convenient.
And lol, I'm just optimizing my weapon/armor/item setup while doing requests to make money and doing events on the side and now I have a party of 6.
I'm not even finished with the Beginner Recipes or have even visited all the gathering spots I know, lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im surprised they havent done a Neptunia humble bundle yet. Theres a ton of them, and they go on sale all the time, and go very low after a short time they've been out.

Pakkidis

I am at a crossroads. Bundlestars has Metro redux bundle for 6.59 CDN. I'm worried that if I buy it now it will be in a humble bundle on a later date with other games I want.

Oh? I might have to play it then. The time thing is always what turned me off from the Atelier serie.

As someone who actually really liked the time constraints and is kind of sad that they're gone, know that Sophie is the game that really got things right when it came to removing the time limits. They also tried to do it in Shallie but it wasn't nearly as successful as it is in Sophie. Play with confidence.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/349/

Project Cars GOTY -80%

Discounts further if you own base game already.

Man, that's still almost twice the amount I paid for the Humble Bundle that included Project CARS. Is any of the GOTY stuff worth it? I'd like to have extra cars but if it's not really necessary to enjoy the game I'm also okay to skip.

Sarcasm

As someone who actually really liked the time constraints and is kind of sad that they're gone, know that Sophie is the game that really got things right when it came to removing the time limits. They also tried to do it in Shallie but it wasn't nearly as successful as it is in Sophie. Play with confidence.

Man, that's still almost twice the amount I paid for the Humble Bundle that included Project CARS. Is any of the GOTY stuff worth it? I'd like to have extra cars but if it's not really necessary to enjoy the game I'm also okay to skip.

Not necessary as it just mainly car packs. There are three track expansions though.

200.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Puzzle Cube -- MB-4C89792457EC4D37 - Taken by dave is ok

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sabin might be my favorite FF character ever.

Also this kid really likes dried meat.

Parsnip

Based on previous builds, the game was built using some sort of black magic. Shit runs unbelievably well.

Sounds good, one would hope that a dev with as long PC history as Blue Byte would do good work, but you never know with Ubisoft I guess.

bbd23

help! is there a way to have idlemaster idle all games simultaneously? even the ones that have above 2 hours? -_-

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
have you played it? im stuck in a night hunt to trigger daily activities to level up my skills loop right now, im not advancing the game at all, thats fine right? Like theres no hidden timer or anything?

I have seen the whole playthrough of it. And no worries you can get all the endings rather easy too.

Rhaknar

Locke's scenario is kinda shit :/

I thought he was talking about Red Monika from Battle Chasers, which has a game that's supposed to come out this year, but I didn't see anyone referencing it.

I too thought he meant Red Monika especially since the comment was about breasts. That Atelier picture posted above is super tame in comparison.

Rhaknar

I dont know who Rachel is but I just met Celes with Locke. Are you talking about a later scenario?

Game just keeps throwing characters at you very fast huh?

Tall4Life

I dont know who Rachel is but I just met Celes with Locke. Are you talking about a later scenario?

Game just keeps throwing characters at you very fast huh?

Oh I thought you were talking about another scenario lol, nevermind

but I also really liked the Celes scenario!! The game starts to kind of taper off with the number of characters it introduces soon after that I believe.

BasilZero

Just when I thought I was gonna put a dent to my backlog in the past few weeks, finishing one game a week....I just added 25 games on my backlog thanks to bundle stars :|

Edit: $5 for Microids Mega Bundle (mainly got it for Syberia 1 and 2 l0l)

When you meet her? What about it?

Originally, it could be interpreted that she was raped. SE changed it in the later versions. But they took away context and it made her look like a damsel in d. No idea if they changed it back.

EDIT - I mean assaulted before what you see, not the part where they are working her over.

Mikurden

When you meet her? What about it?
In the original version, the soldiers are beating her up when you first see her. Apparently the Japanese script may have implied she had been raped as well, but I don't know if that's true.

What costume did you wear when you rescued her? The dialogue starts off differently for each one, and the soldier's uniform triggers a Star Wars reference, unless they took that out.

r3n4ud

Man, playing Atelier Sophie sure is a nice break from Nioh. Just started Atelier and loving it already. Quite relaxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom