• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

It's like everyone discovering "Hello darkness my old friend" as a dumb cover without knowing it's a cover and not knowings it's original is from Simon & Garfunkel.
I am old

edit: That was a weird sentence...

I can't tell if it's ironic that you didn't use the name of the actual song or not :p

Ascheroth

You guys should've bought Sonic: Lost World when you had the chance.

I bought Valkyria Chronicles on launch. I'd hoped that would be enough to send a message, but alas...

I don't think they've dropped their initiative, they just move below snail speed and suck ass at communicating what they're up to.

Nzyme32

I'm a bit confused. If your faction wins you win DLC for that game or even if your faction loses you win DLC for the winning game?

Either way #TeamEndlessLegend.

I actually can't remember, I think everyone gets it anyway. IIRC, there are also random free games thrown out for fun, so can hardly complain. I'm #TeamTotalWarhammer - mostly since it has the most dlc and I just picked up the humble sub for a free copy.

So... when should I be cancelling the Humble Sub to prevent it rolling over? If I do it now, will that have no effect on the this months bundle that I've paid for?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I actually can't remember, I think everyone gets it anyway. IIRC, there are also random free games thrown out for fun, so can hardly complain. I'm #TeamTotalWarhammer - mostly since it has the most dlc and I just picked up the humble sub for a free copy.

So... when should I be cancelling the Humble Sub to prevent it rolling over? If I do it now, will that have no effect on the this months bundle that I've paid for?

If you paid in advance and then cancel your Humble Monthly/pause it, you'll still get next month's games as you already paid for it.

Just got an email about Make War not Love 4

wN8sKkk.png

https://www.makewarnotlove.com/

Just saw it. I choose Endless Legend.

Dusk Golem

I for one was happy Sonic Lost World came to PC.

I also think SEGA has a few ports in the works, and we'll hear about them somewhere in the next few months. They've said as much in the last few weeks as well.

I'm a bit confused. If your faction wins you win DLC for that game or even if your faction loses you win DLC for the winning game?

Either way #TeamEndlessLegend.

I can't complain, I have all four games.

I'm going with Total Warhammer, just because I already have it installed thanks to the Humble Monthly.

Dusk Golem

Making a topic about horror games in 2017, will post here when done but any I will ask here as I'm making it any horror games anyone here on SteamGAF knows of and wants me to throw into the fray?

Aaron D.

But stealing from .. pardon .. being inspired by King is considered good tone.

Oh yeah. I've got no problem with it.

A Netflix original set in the 80's with direct associations to S. King / S. Spielberg tone & style.

It's called an homage.

Stranger Things logo borrows from the Needful Things logo. I wouldn't call it a direct rip.

Very similar, if not the same (well aside from the H), font, and a similar color scheme. But definitely it's own.

I was speaking more to the actual "Stephen King" logo that graced most of his books in the 80's. It's impossible not to recognize.

It was intentional copy from Netflix studios and imo., inspired.

You've held a radical position for an extended period of time.

Can I be blamed though ? When a major publisher, with a lot of means, after selling a niche Japanese title for more than 200k at launch, reaching up to 900k, didn't followed this first effort with more efforts in more than 2 years ?
Any other publishers followed their efforts with more meaningful ones. Heck, even KT has been far better.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It's like everyone discovering "Hello darkness my old friend" as a dumb cover without knowing it's a cover and not knowings it's original is from Simon & Garfunkel.
I am old

edit: That was a weird sentence...
People who dont know the original are awful human beeings

Phawx

I was speaking more to the actual "Stephen King" logo that graced most of his books in the 80's. It's impossible not to recognize.

It was intentional copy from Netflix studios and imo., inspired.

Oh, haha! I totally was not looking at the author name.

Well done.

ezodagrom

They've been saying this for quite some time now, tho.

I'm on a boat with GhostTrick, until they day they eventually announced something, i consider their ports to be a dead idea.
If they had given up, wouldn't they just be silent about it instead of saying that we can expect news this year?

kionedrik

I can't complain, I have all four games.

I'm going with Total Warhammer, just because I already have it installed thanks to the Humble Monthly.

Well... I have 3 of them and intend to get the 4th in the humble monthly.

I chose EL simply because that game is like an addiction. Just yesterday I wanted to play for 30 minutes and ended up stopping at 1AM...

Corpekata

Banned
I think at this point, whatever plans companies like Sega or Capcom have, it's gone from PC ports to PC + next gen ports as they are seeing everything do fairly well.

So not only is that more work, it's "bigger" news so they probably feel like they have to promote via more traditional methods rather than just dropping shit in randomly like they did with Typing of the Dead.

I think at this point, whatever plans companies like Sega or Capcom have, it's gone from PC ports to PC + next gen ports as they are seeing everything do fairly well.

So not only is that more work, it's "bigger" news so they probably feel like they have to promote via more traditional methods rather than just dropping shit in randomly like they did with Typing of the Dead.

Capcom did indeed. But SEGA ? Ports seems to happen only for PS4. Oh and let's not forget the Valkyria Azure Revolution for PS4/PSV and... XB1 :""")
Even though the game looks bad, to me it pretty much was a more or less stealth way to say "PC ? Nope".

I think Sega will be kind on us PC folk for 2017 especially with the newest Make War, Not Love event coming up. So let's just sit back and enjoy our upcoming free copies of Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Platy

Please tell me you know Stranger Things logo is a direct rip from 80's Stephen King novels.

Here in my country books usualy receive new covers from local artists ... and it is pretty rare to find one with Stephen King written in that way =/

Grief.exe

Can I be blamed though ? When a major publisher, with a lot of means, after selling a niche Japanese title for more than 200k at launch, reaching up to 900k, didn't followed this first effort with more efforts in more than 2 years ?
Any other publishers followed their efforts with more meaningful ones. Heck, even KT has been far better.

Hasn't there been a port just about every year?

Increased work and expectation, but likely the same budget.

This might be of interest to some of you, but over on the Ghostlight blog we're asking what Japanese games people would like to see come to PC :)

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/what-games-would-you-like-to-see-come-to-pc

All of them!

ezodagrom

Dan and Sega Europe have been saying this for a year. Heck, even in the press release of Sonic Lost World, with a string a high quality ports in the coming months...
There's alot of possible reasons why this could be taking so long.
Like, after Lost World's poor sales, they got wary of continuing other projects and took some time to greenlight the next project, they could have spent time researching which games to port, they could have had licensing issues with chosen games, maybe there were unforeseen issues during the porting process, maybe they had trouble finding suitable partners to handle the ports (some of their ports are outsourced after all).

Though, it's not like they didn't announce anything last year, SEGA did announce that Sonic Mania and Sonic's project 2017 game are coming to PC (though SEGA Europe did mention multiple times that they're working on multiple projects even after those 2 got announced, so then they're very likely working on other games).

Sajko

Dan and Sega Europe have been saying this for a year. Heck, even in the press release of Sonic Lost World, with a string a high quality ports in the coming months...

My guess they are busy with Shenmue HD Collection and Vanquish (We got some teases for this didnt we?)

This might be of interest to some of you, but over on the Ghostlight blog we're asking what Japanese games people would like to see come to PC :)

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/what-games-would-you-like-to-see-come-to-pc

Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom