• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orgen

Is it worth the Microids Bundle if I only want the 2 Syberia games and the 2 Still Life games? Any other good games in the bundle?

What's the deal with all those huge pointless GIFs in Horizon threads? My Chrome crashed when i entered livestream thread. I tried to add everyone who posted those GIFs to my ignore list to not see them, but one of posters was mod and i obviously can't add him lol.

MaliciousH

Neo Member
There weren't any announcements for 4.1 or Onechanbara. My guess is is that D3 Publisher will throw a Steam page up at random at some point

There was that SteamDB leak that suggested a lot of games to be released on Steam that most eventually did, 4.1 being one of them. Other than that, yes, 4.1 came out of nowhere. Hard to say if we'll be getting a formal head up this time for EDF 5.

I don't know if it's totally true, it says it for every game and I don't think everything is region locked? For example lego worlds https://steamdb.info/app/332310/subs/ , maybe I'm mistaken, but I can't find a NA only sub?

Only the Nuuvem store page is geo locked and payments to them through paypal for that game. The key itself is world wide, I just got one for someone in Asia and it was fine. Sadly Nuuvem only allows one copy purchased per paypal account.

Durante

About Atelier Sophie, should I just accept all the available requests all the time? Is there any reason I shouldn't?
Well, having one open for a really long time just blocks a slot that could be used by a more useful one.
I'd only request ones you can actually see yourself completing in a reasonable amount of time.

Also, talking about Atelier in the Steam thread, fuck yeah.

Wok

Hopefully, Groupees buyers can get a Steam key for this one:

This software allows to have Steam authenticator without using a mobile phone, right? So, if I am at a friends' place and want to log in, I would have to install the software on his/her computer and my private key, which defeats the purpose of Steam authenticator, or to remotely access my home computer or call someone who has access to it. Cumbersome.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This software allows to have Steam authenticator without using a mobile phone, right?

Yes, though you still need to have a mobile phone number -- be that a physical one or a virtual one that can receive texts -- attached to your account.

Oreoleo

Oh, I know this comes up somewhat often but I've been meaning to ask. Is there a way to check if a key has been redeemed without trying to redeem it on an account that doesn't have the game? I've got these extra Humble keys and I can't remember exactly which were extras and which I've used already. Humble has the "hide redeemed keys" check box, is that reliable (ie, check the key's status/use Steam API somehow)?

Wok

JAWMUNCHER RED CODE ALERT! A dino game by Crytek.

ss_1d7203e219fb4625a888597cf8363b1f79e78dc9.1920x1080.jpg
ss_9bfe27e1d672f3a43f0017ef2cc855646cdc589e.1920x1080.jpg
ss_6e602226e68482d753a8b329fc9284b785f0a9a7.1920x1080.jpg

Yes, though you still need to have a mobile phone number -- be that a physical one or a virtual one that can receive texts -- attached to your account.

Thanks. I will stick with the good old email. I'm not feeling the mobile thing.

JaseC

Oh, I know this comes up somewhat often but I've been meaning to ask. Is there a way to check if a key has been redeemed without trying to redeem it on an account that doesn't have the game? I've got these extra Humble keys and I can't remember exactly which were extras and which I've used already. Humble has the "hide redeemed keys" check box, is that reliable (ie, check the key's status/use Steam API somehow)?

Nope.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hannes, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Steamworld Heist -- MB-10A6729FAC6DA3D4 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 27 entrants total.

t1486651525z1.png

Hopefully, Groupees buyers can get a Steam key for this one:

I expected shitty uncanny-valley 3D graphics. I got something that looks like it was on a disc of 300 Windows 95 games.

I'm not even sure if I'm disappointed.

This software allows to have Steam authenticator without using a mobile phone, right? So, if I am at a friends' place and want to log in, I would have to install the software on his/her computer and my private key, which defeats the purpose of Steam authenticator, or to remotely access my home computer or call someone who has access to it. Cumbersome.

From that site's page:

WinAuth requires no installation and is a single executable file, and so can be run from a USB drive or stored and run from cloud files services such as DropBox, Google Drive, or SkyDrive.

So I guess technically you could bring a USB drive over, or use dropbox, and your friend wouldn't have access to it afterward.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Alphadia Genesis -- MB-445C3EACAA7C00F4 - Taken by Large Professor
Bear Haven Nights -- MB-3902A3199781304A - Taken by Kifimbo
Chicken Invaders 3 -- MB-459E407C2C3FA24C - Taken by madjoki
Finnish Roller -- MB-C57DA10F9C673797 - Taken by bobnowhere
Gryphon Knight Epic -- MB-F487943B39A9E81C - Taken by Loptous
KWAAN -- MB-072830B5E2DBE2BB - Taken by PaulSane
Myths of Orion -- MB-BAC4C6985C7660C2 - Taken by anastef
Puzzle Cube -- MB-6F6B7C563F3662F5 - Taken by MaxiLive
Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates -- MB-CCDE589352179FE7 - Taken by nightstorm

Steamroll -- MB-2FAB27E3002E89FF - Taken by Arthea
Strategy & Tactics: Wargame Collection -- MB-D1FB2EA2C7DB7BFA - Taken by Hakkelus
Super Button Soccer -- MB-F005C68A6D02EB4D - Taken by septicore
Super Flippin' Phones -- MB-7529ACBD4B98C552 - Taken by Vuze
Tachyon Project -- MB-BE7C90E3A497785D - Taken by voodooray
VERLIES II -- MB-F125181BDE434FEC - Taken by Abomination
Wrack -- MB-A546A3C6899356CC - Taken by NeoRaider

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

NeXus: One Core -- MB-BCDB8827142C9014 - Taken by voodooray
Pitiri 1977 -- MB-740BD8F1DD0070F1 - Taken by ussjtrunks

Monooboe

Alright guys, I admit, I am a bit jealous of you playing Atelier Sophie... will be one of the first games I get when I have a capable computer again. Don't think my Intel GPU will manage it.

Arthea

Atelier talk

I bought a rumour about full basket, and had it full after that, what should have resulted in some option to obtain a bigger basket, but it didn't!
what gives?

I wish Mobius Final Fantasy had some DLC, so I could actually own the game on Steam, instead of it disappearing from my library when I uninstall it.

can you explain me what this game is? and why it is f2p if it's just episodic Heroes of Light?

Pachimari

I wish Mobius Final Fantasy had some DLC, so I could actually own the game on Steam, instead of it disappearing from my library when I uninstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom