• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Toukiden still only 50% and still 60€ base price? fuck off Koei

Teggy

Has anyone been using idle master today? I'd say over the last 20 hours or so I haven't been able to get any cards to drop.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ooooh Darkest Dungeon discount is because of the new Radiant Update, the "not easier but less grindy that's supposed to cut down a 80 hour game into a 40 hour game" mode

Might actually start a new game one of these days with this mode

"This update was built around two major pillars:

Radiant Mode: Radiant Mode is a version of the game that is intended to take less time overall to complete than normal (”Darkest") mode. The mode is still challenging--monsters have the same stats and nothing about permadeath has changed. But some gameplay rules have been flexed or altered in ways that reduce some of the more time consuming mid and late game elements.
Improvements and Additions (to all modes): we've reviewed tons of feedback over the last few months and have added a bunch new features, content, revisions, and fixes."

"RADIANT MODE:

Never Again changed: heroes are now allowed to return to the Darkest Dungeon. However, they will undergo significant stress upon doing so, and are more likely to become afflicted instead of virtuous when in the Darkest Dungeon.
More Power Leveling flexibility: Heroes of up to Level 4 may enter Novice dungeons. Any hero may enter a Veteran or Champion dungeon.
Stage Coach can now be upgraded to allow the appearance of new recruits starting at up to Level 4. Increased chance of upgraded recruits appearing.
Reduced cost of Upgraded Recruits upgrades.
Accelerated hero XP progression
Hero upgrade and treatment cost scaling by level reduced
Returned provisions now give slightly more money back
Tweaks to Stagecoach:
Added another upgrade tier to Experienced Recruits (Lvl 4 Characters will now appear)
Changed Experienced Recruit requirements. (Lvl 1 now only requires Lvl 1 Blacksmith and Guild)
New Stage Coach population option to use a Deck based system. (This can be used on all modes). New Stagecoach generation method that gives a more even long-term distribution and also favors healers more, since they are the backbone of most parties. This can be toggled off in the Options menu if you wish to still ride the bittersweet wave of total RNG.
Higher Light conditions confer slightly more to party DEF bonuses.
Accelerated Region Progression
Town Events trigger more frequently to compensate for shorter playtime"

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
What happened to Civ VI lately? Steam reviews are mixed at 53% :(

ooooh Darkest Dungeon discount is because of the new Radiant Update, the "not easier but less grindy that's supposed to cut down a 80 hour game into a 40 hour game" mode

Might actually start a new game one of these days with this mode

I wasn't sure about buying the game because of the tedious grinding. But this new mode seems to somewhat alleviate that issue.

Rhaknar

at least these shit Koei deals make me feel better about Azure/Atelier since besides the good ports and me in the mood for them, the fact that KT games rarely get discounts and when they do its shit was also one of the factors to buy the bundle.

Ascheroth

They've been saying this for quite some time now, tho.

I'm on a boat with GhostTrick, until they day they eventually announced something, i consider their ports to be a dead idea.
I'm at the point where I don't think they're dead but at the same time also don't expect anything at all.
Like there's this small glimmer of hope left that refuses to disappear but it's drowned out by a surrounding sea of indifference and I'm just "lol SEGA".
Capcom did indeed. But SEGA ? Ports seems to happen only for PS4. Oh and let's not forget the Valkyria Azure Revolution for PS4/PSV and... XB1 :""")
Even though the game looks bad, to me it pretty much was a more or less stealth way to say "PC ? Nope".
Tbh Azure Revolution getting an X1 version but no PC is legit hilarious.

Sometimes I think I'd pay money to learn about the thought processes behind some company decisions, especially japanese ones when it comes to PC.

Rhaknar

oh that Brut@l game that just released is the PS4 game from a few months ago, I loved the quicklook back then

Rhaknar

Paladins is adding characters really fast, it seems every 2-3 weeks I see a update with a new character. I need to get back to it, I liked what I played, quite a bit in fact.

NeoRaider

How's batman? The reviews are low but I remember people on here actually enjoyed it

Overall i liked it. But i think that Story was kinda weak and predictable.
I liked 2nd and 3rd Episode the most.

If you enjoyed other Telltale games you will like this one too i am sure. Just know that their games are becoming shorter with less gameplay and more watching.

Wok

Just saw it. I choose Endless Legend.

Aha, I chose the same faction.

y09vnpH.jpg

Dinjoralo

I just chose Endless whatever because it looks cool. Hopefully, there's more than just strategy games and emulated genesis games to get from this.

data

What were Make War Not Love 1 & 2? 3 was the one where you got games like Jet Set Radio, Condemned and stuff right?

Parsnip

Basically yes, one thing to note though - you can only have 6 or 7 requests at a time, and you won't get new ones until you complete some of them. They don't seem to provide anything story- or event-wise, but serve as an addtitional source of money, and completing requests also fills that "memory" gauge you need for some of the recipes (the ones that advance the story). I've been accepting everything at all times, and all of them so far didn't require much time to complete.

Well, having one open for a really long time just blocks a slot that could be used by a more useful one.
I'd only request ones you can actually see yourself completing in a reasonable amount of time.

Also, talking about Atelier in the Steam thread, fuck yeah.
Follow up to this, if I "give up" a request, does it go away or can I accept it again?

Sajko

What were Make War Not Love 1 & 2? 3 was the one where you got games like Jet Set Radio, Condemned and stuff right?

Round 2 was Binary Domain, Condemned, Streets of Rage 2

Round 3 was Gunstar Heroes, Renegade Ops, Viking: Battle for Asgard

Quoting this post reveals 1 key for each one.

Nabs

Alone With You by Benjamin Rivers (developer of Home). $8.49 first week.

"Alone With You is a bittersweet sci-fi adventure game that goes right for the heart. Escape a doomed space colony with the help of your troubled AI companion and four attractive holograms in this unique blend of adventure & visual novel storytelling."

Ascheroth

Follow up to this, if I "give up" a request, does it go away or can I accept it again?

They all repeat. Even those you complete can show up again.
Just don't treat them as sidequests, but rather just as money sources. Take the ones with the best gold/effort ratio and don't bother with the ones that aren't worth it.
There's really no point in trying to do them all since it's impossible to run out of tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom