• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody go watch LEGO Batman movie, it's fun and fantastic

1362035012699975976.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so you cant play Atelier...a rpg of all things... for long periods of time?

arnold-schwarzenegger-suspicious-true-lies-squint-not-sure-if-serious-14064209608.gif

rahji

just beat the last DLC boss in dark souls 2, the burnt ivory king. woohoo. now that I finished Dark Souls 2 I can happily go to bed. But the online mode is still not working.

Shengar

So, is Darkest Dungeon actually good or not?

I was a bit thrown off last time I checked it during the last few sales - I saw Very Positive average on the side panel, but the Reviews section was a solid-red block of Not Recommended's.

And this seems to be a recurring theme I've seen on Steam in recent years.

It's really depend on your resistance to repeating the same or similar content over and over again. The game have toggleable options to ease up the grind however.

gngf123

There's still the weird menu stuttering with that DLL enabled for me, but it seems to be much better than pre-patch.

Thanks

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
played a little bit of Radiant Mode in Darkest Dungeon.

First of all, I still love this game. Man I love this game... anyway. The imediate thing you first notice is how much more gold you get, which unfortunately isnt much use early on, since you need gold to buy trinkets and whatnot which you cant do until later lol.

Difficulty wise it seems about the same, and so does leveling up to be honest, im not noticing my guys level up that much faster. Then again I havent played vanilla in ages so who knows. I already got a few things in each store upgraded so it might be a case of it needing less materials to upgrade them now, or you getting more materials in dungeon runs. I also havent gotten to the point where I would recruit higher lvl guys because this is a new game. Like they said, its still going to be a long game, just now its probably around 40+ hours instead of 60-70+

Teggy

Found a strange variation on the Idle Master glitch tonight. I found that if I set it to idle games less than 2 hours, let it run for a few seconds, then set it to run individually, a bunch of cards would drop. Rinse, repeat. Thing is I didn't have too many games that were under two hours so I couldn't try it for too long, but it worked a good 10 times in a row.

Found a strange variation on the Idle Master glitch tonight. I found that if I set it to idle games less than 2 hours, let it run for a few seconds, then set it to run individually, a bunch of cards would drop. Rinse, repeat. Thing is I didn't have too many games that were under two hours so I couldn't try it for too long, but it worked a good 10 times in a row.

I'll have to try that. I know that it tends to drop 4 or 5 at once once a bunch have been idled for 2 hours.

Sarcasm

Thought this was known...lol. It does it without any idling software too.

FLD

Could be, I was only aware of the quick drops when switching from one game to the next that works sometimes.

The glitch seems to come from games sometimes instantly dropping a card upon closing. So, switching from idling multiple <2h games to individually likely just caused a bunch of drops due to multiple games closing at once.

Volimar

Guys....I'm so sick. Send fluids. Pray for me.

So, is Darkest Dungeon actually good or not?

I was a bit thrown off last time I checked it during the last few sales - I saw Very Positive average on the side panel, but the Reviews section was a solid-red block of Not Recommended's.

And this seems to be a recurring theme I've seen on Steam in recent years.

I wanted it for so long and now I keep forgetting i have it.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Is there any way to see which games have been revoked?

Do you mean games that have been revoked from your account?

Typically when that happens you get a pop-up that's hard to dismiss that lists all the games that have been removed from your account.

If you mean games that have been removed from Steam, there are various lists that are maintained.

Hey Steam-GAF. I was wondering if anyone here have experience using a PS4 on a normal PC monitor. I ordered one earlier, but I'm worried the image quality will look too bad on the monitor that doesn't have any good scaling modes like a TV usually does. I'm thinking of games like Nioh where resolution is 720p when using the 60 fps mode.

Playing my Pro on a 1440p 1ms monitor and everything looks really nice, even 1080p games look nice. Stuff like Uncharted 4 which is 1440p looks reaaaaallly good.

Nioh looks like butt even at 4k, but the game is so fucking good it doesn't matter. I wish From gave 60fps options for their console games! Monitor is actually better for Nioh considering Ki Pulse timing and the usual TV input lag. Game is really fucking hard, like harder than anything I remember in Souls.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Yeah, just games from my account. I swear I owned Alien Isolation, but I guess not.

I had some games revoked awhile ago and checking now, they don't show up in the account transactions page. The only place they showed up was that account changes pop-up, which was real hard to miss.

Old poop

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Autumn -- MB-BD91BD61DDDCBAA3 - Taken by Loptous
Broadsword : Age of Chivalry -- MB-1A7135939B4E0749

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Cels

What is Make War Not Love?

Make War Not Love is an annual celebration of all our great strategy games and studios, it’s an opportunity to have some fun and a chance to foster a bit of friendly rivalry amongst ourselves and our great communities!

How do I get involved?

All you need to do is register, pick your faction and then tune in to watch your faction leader take part in various challenges in an attempt to earn points every day to unlock free content for all loyal faction followers.

What are the prizes?

Every day we will award the winning faction with some great DLC for each of the involved titles alongside a SEGA digital title. At the end of the event the overall winning faction will be awarded new digital content for their title.

Great promotions and discounts

As part of MWNL we like to try and make our whole strategy catalogue as easy for anyone to jump in and try as possible. Once the full event kicks off on the 16th Feb, all the titles involved and a wide selection of their associated franchises, are offered at great discounts over on Steam – so there’s never been a better time to try them all out!

sounds like only the winning faction gets the rewards? guess it's time to register 4 different accounts...

Rhaknar

another 8bit Army game, 8bit Armies Arena (multiplayer only)

those cats are very close to jumping the shark with that series in a very short amount of time, they are nearing Freddy levels of fast turnover sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom