• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

I'm not sure if old news but I just saw that The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is releasing on PC in Spring 2017.

htW5Rbe.jpg

It's one of the remaing leaks that hasn't still been released yet.

I thought we knew this already for a while now. At least I remember that banner image from before Xanadu Next released even.

In any case, can't wait.
It's also nice that they managed to retain a userbase for the game.
Yup, definitely.
I wonder if it can reach Zestiria launch numbers, just another 10-20k to go.

gngf123

note to self: listen to durante more often

atelier is the second game i've played pretty much purely because he wouldn't shut up about it(the other being valkyria chronicles) and both have turned out pretty well

Durante is a very good person to listen to. Especially when it comes to PC ports and RPGs.

I don't think the Atelier port is that good, but I definitely don't regret picking it up.

BasilZero

28 games already? How many hours/week some of you play here? o_O

Well I played 2 hours of disgaea last night.

During the week I am usually playing at least 1-2 hours at home while during my lunch break I use my 3DS for the hour I get.

So I guess I play 3-4 hours a day during the weekdays while I g all out during the weekends which could go up to 8-9 hours.

I been doing a somewhat of a marathon though during the weekend knocking out short games I have on steam so I can make my backlog not as bad as it is now ;p

Competitive will have an ELO system and placement matches.

They're working on a 4-5 minute video for the Pyro update similar to the Meet the Team videos.

Didn't they already do a Meet to Pyro video? Are they going to redo them with each update?

Apparently one of the games in the Be Mine 29 Groupees bundle could be D: The Game. I think I can afford to gamble $2 for that possibility.

For a second there, I thought you were doing this:

Humble store has Fallout 4 DLCs for 33% off including Far Harbor and Nuka World.

I loved Far Harbor. Easily the best Fallout 4 story content. Nuka World... isn't. While I like the idea of Nuka World and some of the locations are good, for the most part it's terrible.

Parsnip

I kind of sort of wish Atelier pushed me a little stronger to some direction. I feel a bit aimless playing it and it keeps opening up new gathering locations too fast while I'm still trying to survive in the old ones. I suppose I should concentrate a bit more on beating enemies rather than just gathering.

Ascheroth

I kind of sort of wish Atelier pushed me a little stronger to some direction. I feel a bit aimless playing it and it keeps opening up new gathering locations too fast while I'm still trying to survive in the old ones. I suppose I should concentrate a bit more on beating enemies rather than just gathering.

Yeah I was kind of overwhelmed with that as well at one point.... game kept opening up areas and unlocking recipes faster than I could explore/create them.
But there's a point where that stops until you deliberately choose to progress... was much appreciated.

Btw, one thing I'm curious about for all those playing: the game feels very non-linear in the way it treats character storylines. It even felt like the order of new party-members wasn't set in stone after the initial trio, so I wonder if it just felt like it or really was somewhat flexible.
My order was:
Julio, Corneria, Leon, Harol, Fritz

Saty

Conan Exiles launched successfully into PC Early Access last week. The game has been dominating the #1 spot on Steam’s Global Top Seller List and Funcom is both thrilled and grateful to be able to share that the game sold 320,000 units first week and that all development costs have been recouped. Looking ahead, Funcom is working hard to live up to the Early Access goals and will be working together with the community to improve the game and update it with exciting new content and features.
https://blog.conanexiles.com/en/mod-support/

Nzyme32

I'm a bit lost here - Windows 10 is updating my graphics drivers (which I don't want to do), how can I stop it?

I can't see a way to stop it

Tizoc

ryse is so freakin simple but its still kind of fun? looks great and you get achievements left and right :p
The game becomes boring after a while becusd it is brain dead repetitive
Thete is nothing else to do in the game
Shouldve been a telltale like game instead

Parsnip

Btw, one thing I'm curious about for all those playing: the game feels very non-linear in the way it treats character storylines. It even felt like the order of new party-members wasn't set in stone after the initial trio, so I wonder if it just felt like it or really was somewhat flexible.
My order was:
Julius, Corneria, Leon, Harol, Fritz

I'm not too far into it yet and I just got Julio yesterday when I was playing.

Arminsc

The game becomes boring after a while becusd it is brain dead repetitive
Thete is nothing else to do in the game
Shouldve been a telltale like game instead

I think it was originally planned as a Kinect game and they changed their mind during development.
It's still short enough to have some fun with it imo, and I enjoyed the storyline at least.

Bluth54

Didn't they already do a Meet to Pyro video? Are they going to redo them with each update?

Yeah they have already finished all the Meet the Team videos. I don't think they're going to redo those videos, he just meant a new Source Filmmaker video (much like the TF2 Expiration Date video they released a few years ago).

Mivey

I'm a bit lost here - Windows 10 is updating my graphics drivers (which I don't want to do), how can I stop it?

I can't see a way to stop it
Legends are told, of a setting, somewhere deep in the unknown regions of a land called ``THE REGISTRY", that could disable this behaviour. Many great heroes have gone on a quest to find it, but none have returned so far. Were they all just fools, wasting their lives on a mad hunt? What become of them? We will never know . . .

(This tool, among many others, can help you do it with a simple click)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
header.jpg

Owners: 6,005 ± 2,260

If POTUS Trump wasn't enough of a proof, this here clearly shows that God does not exist.

That doesn't fully explain where we are. Not only is there no God, there is only the devil.

Lomax

header.jpg

If POTUS Trump wasn't enough of a proof, this here clearly shows that God does not exist.

I mean, if not for this thread, I wouldn't have given it a second glance. Right now it's mainly appealing to fans of the series already, which means double dipping, which means waiting for sales. And while $30 is a fair price point, we're still right after sale season and that's a lot for any game. The long tail will help I'm sure and people like me will start buying once we see some discounts. There's too much competition to do otherwise.

Arulan

Mass Effect: Andromeda will have 'meaningful' sidequests akin to The Witcher, says game producer

Open-world games often spoil us with intricate and engaging main stories, however the genre has a tendency to undo its good work by way of lacking sidequests. BioWare's Dragon Age: Inquisition is particularly guilty of this, which is something the developer is addressing in its incoming Mass Effect: Andromeda—taking its lead from CD Projekt Red's The Witcher series.

For me, Fallout: New Vegas, is a big offender on this front. It's one of my own all-time favourite open-world games, yet I wasted a sizeable chunk of my first playthrough undertaking tedious handiwork for the game's minor factions to the point where the central narrative ultimately became less effective.

What?

giphy.gif

Jadax

LOL

So apparently L# is shutting down - I just found out. Makes sense now why so many people on my friends list are suddenly deciding to "take a break or quit the game".

gngf123

6000 sales is awful. It might not be perfect, but Atelier deserves more than that.

Would've bought if the cpu requirements weren't so high and the ui wasn't so low quality

CPU requirements are actually really low. It's just badly programmed so it leaves your CPU idling on nothing but never frees them up. It's just wasted CPU time.

The fanmade DLL fixes that for the most part.

Ascheroth

3 days since release, so Steamspy data should be close to reality.
Nah, 3 days is definitely not enough for newly released games.
Personally I tend to give those at least a week or wait until there are no meaningful daily changes in ownership anymore.

ezodagrom

header.jpg

I think it's too early to get an accurate number of owners, especially since the game didn't appear in the new releases part of Steam for like a day or so, and so there's people that weren't aware that it was out on day 1.
Though even without that, I think that it's better to way about a week or so before quoting steamspy numbers.

Nzyme32

Legends are told, of a setting, somewhere deep in the unknown regions of a land called ``THE REGISTRY", that could disable this behaviour. Many great heroes have gone on a quest to find it, but none have returned so far. Were they all just fools, wasting their lives on a mad hunt? What become of them? We will never know . . .

(This tool, among many others, can help you do it with a simple click)

Ah nice, thanks

Arulan

Mass Effect 1 & 2 are the best RPG stories of the last 15 years. 3 to an extent until you get to the end.

Laughably no.

I mean, I can just bring up Mask of the Betrayer, but there have been several RPGs in the past 15 years to meet that low bar. The Age of Decadence and Shadowrun: Dragonfall comes to mind recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom