• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
now do it with all the characters :3

once was enough for me btw, and i loved the game. But yeah, once was enough (with the marine)

chronomac

I might mess around some more but I'm probably not going to build the bullet or any of that nonsense.

I found the hunter the easiest since the crossbow's deadly early on and your canine friend finds useful stuff at least once per floor.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just noticed Toukiden 2 is out in 2 months, making the 50% on the first teven more baffling. What the actual fuck.

derFeef

I might finally bite on DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 but unsure about PC or PS4(Vita).
How is the port handeled in regards of controller support? Do I need the obligatory controller layout patch?

Bluth54

The Youtube channel Valve News Network got to do some interviews with Valve employees. The first video he put up is with one of the TF2 developers who has the following to say about the future of TF2:

The next update is going to be one of the biggest ones ever.

The contracts will have a lot more player choice, players choose the type of contracts they do and the rewards they try to achieve. They call it "Choose your own adventure" internally.

The Pyro class pack will likely have weapons for the pyro that changes the class in some way and has a new gameplay twist.

There will be broad game balancing work, based on comp player feedback. Looking at high level for balance.

It sounds like the upcoming Jungle update will also be a part of the Pyro update.

It will also include community maps and cosmetics.

Competitive will have an ELO system and placement matches.

They're working on a 4-5 minute video for the Pyro update similar to the Meet the Team videos.

Valve happened to be working on the Jungle theme update at the same time as the Mayann update.

The next video he posts will be with the CSGO team and they're going to talk about gambling.

derFeef

The next update is going to be one of the biggest ones ever.
They always say that :( Yet I feel like the game has stalled. I am not interested in community updates. Just bring it forward. DO something with it, it's still a great game...

Bluth54

They always say that :( Yet I feel like the game has stalled. I am not interested in community updates. Just bring it forward. DO something with it, it's still a great game...

Based on what he says in the interview it probably will be though. I guess we'll have to wait to see, I doubt we'll see the update until the summer.

I'm really surprised we're getting a new 4-5 minute TF2 video though. I figured they were done doing videos are were just going to be doing comics from now on.

Bluth54

Yeah the video is nice. Pyro was my second favourite class so curious what they do. Any ETA on that?

They don't say in the video but my guess would be around the summer sale. They typically do 3 big updates a year, one around the summer sale, one for Halloween and one around the Christmas sale.

derFeef

KOEI is so weird with sales. Like on the PSN store they discount some games and some not. For some only the PS4 game but not the Vita port (which would be nice to have because cross saves).

Deques

In Final Fantasy V, in the Fork tower, how do you beat Minotaur? Two hits from him and one of my guys dies. Magic is disabled in this fight, so there is no chance to heal with magic :(

redlacs

new BeMine preorder for $2. Groupees have fallen hard but the BeMine bundles are still usually decent

cant pre order because my paypal is fucked sigh. Cant pre order with coins either, hopefully I can buy it with the coins after its out, I still have some.

any hints on what's in it?

the dog face could hint Blue Estate. i didnt expect much from that game/genre (its on-rail shooter) but ended up enjoying it a lot. (its good. its not rambo)

edit: theres couple more guesses in the chat on the bundle page => Red Wizard - Goblins and Grottos, white face thing - D: The Game, space ship - The Away Team

Rhaknar

In Final Fantasy V, in the Fork tower, how do you beat Minotaur? Two hits from him and one of my guys dies. Magic is disabled in this fight, so there is no chance to heal with magic :(

You can cheese it with monks Guard ability since all his attacks are physical and the just kill him with counter attacks.

Deques

You can cheese it with monks Guard ability since all his attacks are physical and the just kill him with counter attacks.

Hmm... this I tried. Dunno if I did something wrong. Because despite Guarding Minotaur were still able to hit my monk. I will try it again later today. I should also get a second character with Guard ability

Rhaknar

D and Blue Estate would make a good bundle. Hopefully I can use a coin.

Tizoc

D and Blue Estate would make a good bundle. Hopefully I can use a coin.

Oh hey yeah I have a coin or two left around. They're worth $10 each I think but I might wait for it to be revealed before I get it. Surely the full bundle wouldn't cost more than $10 so I'd be getting it free-ish :V

Arminsc

Is CS:GO still inundated with cheaters?

Maybe someone already answered, but from what I played these last months the Prime Account stuff they added seemed to work, you always have the occasional smurf, but I've not seen any hack but the only match I played with a friend without Prime Account.

Durante

so you cant play Atelier...a rpg of all things... for long periods of time?
Of course you can, I played it for 8 hours a piece, and without any patch on a 6 core CPU (where it spins up 12 threads).

Not that it's a good thing, but if your computer can't handle CPU load (especially the comparatively low-heat CPU load from busy waiting) then your setup is broken and will also fail in lots of other scenarios. (Like an actually CPU-heavy game)

sheaaaa

Finally beat Enter the Gungeon. My god, what a game.

205B44555717061FF0DF8E86AB2F40FDB6B8688F

Awesome! Gungeon was one of the best games of last year for me. 50 hours in with three pasts killed and a lot I haven't seen. Bring on paid DLC because I want to keep playing.

Destiny 2 most likely coming this year and coming to PC as well.

http://kotaku.com/destiny-2-is-still-coming-this-year-activision-says-1792191111
Bungie certainly likes putting themselves in bad spots don't they. Had to skip on Destiny because of current gen consoles having practices I don't agree with, but considering how much of a sucker I get for loot games and how much time I put into the little content of the original beta, I hope it at least turns out in a better state than the first game supposedly launched in.

Jadax

I know Destiny got a lot of hate from people, but I actually enjoyed it a lot. I've played a few mmos since WoW, and this was the closest I got to replacing that WoW-itch since I quit.

voodooray

Keys are still available here for those prepared to jump through a couple of hoops:

https://game.giveawayoftheday.com/socxel-pixel-soccer/

ModBot said:
Instructions for voodooray:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Socxel | Pixel Soccer -- MB-DACB03868599735C - Taken by Diedac

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) -- MB-EE1B2D65F871BD6A - Taken by Hakkelus
Poof -- MB-8E69A2D2FC64B8CB - Taken by purseowner

Blu(e)

the dog face could hint Blue Estate. i didnt expect much from that game/genre (its on-rail shooter) but ended up enjoying it a lot. (its good. its not rambo)

edit: theres couple more guesses in the chat on the bundle page => Red Wizard - Goblins and Grottos, white face thing - D: The Game, space ship - The Away Team
I haven't bought a groupees bundle in forever, but I'll take the gamble. Groupees guesses are usually spot on.

Been playing a bit of Labyrinth and I think it's got incredible potential. I didn't realize the game was so early off though, there's almost nothing in the game aside from asynch multiplayer. A shame because the tutorial levels are almost exactly what I'm looking for in a card/tactics game. Multiple units, weapons, spells, bosses, minibosses, etc.

I do find it hilarious though that this is a Kickstarter game and even at this stage it looks better, plays better, and has much more depth than Smite Tactics which is from a larger studio (Hirez).

Anyway, hope this game makes it. I don't know much about the development history or the devs.

Ascheroth

It's pretty impressive how Tales of Berseria keeps getting a couple thousand owners a day, and it's been two weeks since release.
I remember when it was at 30k after a few days. Now it's at 60k.
I'm very curious at what point it will plateau.

Wok

Been playing a bit of Labyrinth and I think it's got incredible potential. I didn't realize the game was so early off though, there's almost nothing in the game aside from asynch multiplayer. A shame because the tutorial levels are almost exactly what I'm looking for in a card/tactics game. Multiple units, weapons, spells, bosses, minibosses, etc.

I do find it hilarious though that this is a Kickstarter game and even at this stage it looks better, plays better, and has much more depth than Smite Tactics which is from a larger studio (Hirez).

Anyway, hope this game makes it. I don't know much about the development history or the devs.

Damn, it looks good and the reviews are very positive too.

Tizoc

I just beat Dust: An Elysian Tale (and am now at 28 completed games in 2017) and all in all it was a fun action romp, great soundtrack too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXLX9D8ibU

I'd recommend Hard diff. if anyone wants a little challenge while playing through it as I found the end game to be the toughest part of the game aside from a few bosses.
Then again I kept putting points into Attack which made enemies get wasted with ease :V

Next up Washe Doge 1; I've beaten Ass Creed Rogue without the need to do a lot of collecting so I can do the same here as well.

Deques

I just beat Dust: An Elysian Tale (and am now at 28 completed games in 2017) and all in all it was a fun action romp, great soundtrack too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXLX9D8ibU

I'd recommend Hard diff. if anyone wants a little challenge while playing through it as I found the end game to be the toughest part of the game aside from a few bosses.
Then again I kept putting points into Attack which made enemies get wasted with ease :V

Next up Washe Doge 1; I've beaten Ass Creed Rogue without the need to do a lot of collecting so I can do the same here as well.

28 games already? Do you do anything else besides playing games? :p

It's pretty impressive how Tales of Berseria keeps getting a couple thousand owners a day, and it's been two weeks since release.
I remember when it was at 30k after a few days. Now it's at 60k.
I'm very curious at what point it will plateau.

It's also nice that they managed to retain a userbase for the game.

Tomasety

I'm not sure if old news but I just saw that The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd is releasing on PC in Spring 2017.

htW5Rbe.jpg

It's one of the remaing leaks that hasn't still been released yet.

rickyson1

note to self: listen to durante more often

atelier is the second game i've played pretty much purely because he wouldn't shut up about it(the other being valkyria chronicles) and both have turned out pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom