• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Superhot in a 2.5€ bundle?

the same superhot that hasnt been on sale for more than 40%? yes im sure that is super legit :3

yuraya

So G2A has their own bundles now, made in cooperation with the developers apparently (Still waiting for some confirmation from the devs themselves until I even consider this).

First month is Lords of the fallen, Superhot, Dirt 3 and Syberia 1 and 2. It sounds too good considering its one time payment of 2.5€.

That is a very good bundle and price. Wish it wasn't G2A.

Jawmuncher

Maybe they should put Regina in SFV.

tumblr_ohmhlgA0qt1vlv6zfo1_400.gif

Put her in MVCI, and announce a new game at the same time. Easy cross promotion.

Teggy

BTW I have managed to stick with my Dino Crisis play through, I am about 2.5 hours in. I was very proud of myself for solving the
fingerprint and ID
puzzle. You have to write things down for future reference, though. It's like dark ages gaming.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I feel like I care about time played and achievements too much.

My internet dropped out for about 2 hrs and I didn't want to play anything because my time played would be under its true value.

I should break that habit, pretty sure no ones cares about my time playing things.

I'm the exact same way haha

Jawmuncher

BTW I have managed to stick with my Dino Crisis play through, I am about 2.5 hours in. I was very proud of myself for solving the
fingerprint and ID
puzzle. You have to write things down for future reference, though. It's like dark ages gaming.

Yes. The puzzles are pretty well put together in DC. To me it's the only survival horror style game where the puzzles don't feel too out of place.

madjoki

So G2A has their own bundles now, made in cooperation with the developers apparently (Still waiting for some confirmation from the devs themselves until I even consider this).

First month is Lords of the fallen, Superhot, Dirt 3 and Syberia 1 and 2. It sounds too good considering its one time payment of 2.5€.

the same superhot that hasnt been on sale for more than 40%? yes im sure that is super legit :3

Yup.

Also it's 1.82€ with fees if you do sub and instantly cancel it. :p

Sajko

Well. I am sure we are gonna get a word from the devs sooner or later about how legit this is. It also seems to be a monthly thing. Its actually 1.5€ now if you go for subscription plan which you can cancel immediately.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that G2A thing isnt a "bundle" per se btw, its a humble monthly type thing. Yes, still a bundle, but the original post made it sound like it was a random bundlestars / indiegala style bundle.

this is a subscription thing like humble.

I would sub if my paypal wasnt fucked. G2A is shady, but so was Gamepump and it was meme central around here with that horseshit.

Endruen

that G2A thing isnt a "bundle" per se btw, its a humble monthly type thing. Yes, still a bundle, but the original post made it sound like it was a random bundlestars / indiegala style bundle.

this is a subscription thing like humble.

It looks like they say the games that are going to be featured in before, though, isn't it?
Also:
February G2A Deal's subscription price is only €1.50 for five wonderful games. You can subscribe to or un-subscribe from G2A Deal at any time. And if you don't want to subscribe just yet, you will always be able to test the waters with a one-time purchase for €2.50.

data

That is a really weird bundle. It's hard to believe either the LotF or Superhot dev would let their game be in a 1.50/2.50 bundle. Syberia 1 and 2 are believable since Microids gave keys for them away themselves... And Dirt 3 is removed from steam.

Something that's really weird is that the bundle page is actually localized in Dutch too and it doesn't seem to be a lazy google translate

Rhaknar

Endruen

I bought them and un-subscribed without problems. I hope they don't get revoked or something.
Be sure to unsub from both G2A and PayPal.
Remember to activate the keys before 10th of April 2017.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-B10FFAC05B884DCE
Syberia -- MB-6032E25363F5AA12 - Taken by Orgen. 2 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-D3A89FFE8D3350D9 - Taken by Valxal. 3 entrants total.

t1486856237z1.png

data

Just went in for the 1.50 (actually 1.82), redeemed Superhot, Lords and Syberia 2 and they worked. I'm not expecting them to stay at all though. It says all of them have to be activated before the 10th of April, so maybe they are legit? I don't think you can make stolen keys expire on a certain date.

Tizoc

Will start Hollow Knight once I've beaten Watch Dogs.
If I aim to complete 1 chapter each day I should beat it in a week or so 👐
Also fuck the rules, I'm shooting mofos with my golden gun 💂

Wok

I feel like I care about time played and achievements too much.

My internet dropped out for about 2 hrs and I didn't want to play anything because my time played would be under its true value.

I should break that habit, pretty sure no ones cares about my time playing things.

Idle for cards, and I guarantee you won't care anymore.

Kaleinc

Banned
Just went in for the 1.50 (actually 1.82), redeemed Superhot, Lords and Syberia 2 and they worked. I'm not expecting them to stay at all though. It says all of them have to be activated before the 10th of April, so maybe they are legit? I don't think you can make stolen keys expire on a certain date.
You can - chargeback on April 10th.

Wok

I was about to say "if this is like $15 instead of the usual $20 or more, I might day 1 it, it looks fantastic"

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/hollow-knight

its $15 :) in fact its $13.50 if you are a humble monthly subscriber

I recommend this game to you, Rhaknar. 😏

Hollow Knight is launching on February 24th. Here's the release trailer which is good. This was the demo you got if you're a Humble Monthly subscriber, and if you at all like Metroidvania type games you should check it out.

The demo was exceeding my expectations. Really cool stuff there!

So, there are 2 monthly highlights:

and the wishlist for the rest of the year is growing:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If any of the keys in that bundle were to be revoked, would a chargeback on paypal work?

In my experience, G2A actually has (relatively) good customer service. I've bought a couple of keys that didn't work and both purchases were refunded despite resistance from the sellers. Granted, pushback means a delayed refund, but as the respective transactions were no more than a few bucks, I figured I'd try playing by the rules first.

A word of warning, though: proof is paramount. If you happen to be on the receiving end of a revocation alert, press print screen and save it.

Ladekabel

Still no news about the PC version of Nier: Automata? Wasn't it announced as a day & date release, too?

Not that I care since I plan to get it in the summer and I'm confident that it'll be released by then... right?

Rhaknar

dude 24 hour raffle for siberia games. like, really? :p

anyway, that price point on hollow Knight makes me want to buy it on principle. Well, im a metroidvania fanboy first off, and lenght is usually my main convern with games, from the trailer judging from the powers you see, the fact that theres upgrades and 30 bosses, the game should be at lest around 8 hours I imagine which is good enough.

and yeah, them going $15 isntead of succumbing to the usual indie $20 gets them major points with me.

I want to try that G2A bundle but really don't want to give them my card info. Maybe this would a good reason to final start using PayPal.

Idle for cards, and I guarantee you won't care anymore.

I actually idle quite a lot, I don't really care about games have more hours than I've actually played, it's only when its lower for some reason.

The first time I used idlemaster I messed up some how and I now have about 10 games with 12 hours of recorded play time even though I've never touched them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom