• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momentary

Banned
Anime boobie fightie is coming

unknown.png

Am I the only person that truly enjoy these games solely for the awesome super move animations that the characters have?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Am I the only person that truly enjoy these games solely for the awesome super move animations that the characters have?
No, aside from all the fanservice stuff they do have a nice lighthearted attitude and style with creativity in those moves and such. It's nice to have a well developed beat em up that doesn't take itself so seriously. Old games were like that very often, but as time has gone on a lot of smaller games have ended up too serious for what they are in trying to stylistically emulate blockbusters like GTA/Dark Souls/CoD.

I kinda was honestly interested in these games because the gameplay didn't really seem bad or anything like kinda enjoyable? I just never got into them is the meat and bones of this series just the girls or is there are some good gameplay beyond that? Anything an openly gay man can enjoy about this series?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I kinda was honestly interested in these games because the gameplay didn't really seem bad or anything like kinda enjoyable? I just never got into them is the meat and bones of this series just the girls or is there are some good gameplay beyond that? Anything an openly gay man can enjoy about this series?
They aren't like top of the line beat em ups with complex fight systems and all, but they are perfectly solid for standards of the genre. The story can be amusing enough depending on your level of animu affinity.

Momentary

Banned
Is Estival Versus considered to be a large step up from Shinovi Versus or is it mostly just more of the same?

I haven't played it, but from what I've seen in videos It looks like a huge step up in graphics and animations. There's also seems to be a boost on enemy counts. It's a fun Musou to me. I like it even better than the Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors. The combat just feels better to me.

Is Estival Versus considered to be a large step up from Shinovi Versus or is it mostly just more of the same?

I haven't played Shinovi Versus so I can't answer your question. That said, it's a musou game so there are not really going to be any surprises right? If you enjoyed the first one then you'll probably like the next one too.

Tellaerin

No one seems to know for certain whether or not Precursors still uses Starforce. I really wish I could find some confirmation one way or the other. :s

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blue Estate The Game -- MB-A9FD6D01A795FC5A - Taken by NeoRaider. 9 entrants total.

t1487054014z1.png

No one seems to know for certain whether or not Precursors still uses Starforce. I really wish I could find some confirmation one way or the other. :s

Yeah I remember wondering about this when these two games first showed up on Steam. Surely someone must have installed them to check.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Overgrowth -- MB-C06F3DECA25FC5BA - Taken by Ibuki. 8 entrants total.
2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-C066ED92B88BC7A7 - Taken by Ayumi. 3 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-5729711FFFA60B1D - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-70B978E555762948 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-2E3FC113C8F50846 - Taken by bloke. 2 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-C6E2DA12F77EC76C - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Husk -- MB-C496B149607EDD61 - Taken by madjoki. 2 entrants total.
Invisible Inc -- MB-E0B6CDBF8C6412A7 - Taken by someguyinahat. 5 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-F403927E022B2AE9 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Monster Loves You -- MB-E400C71C5B6C03AC - Taken by thesaucetastic. 1 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-9580A50FD4AA4986 - Taken by Father_Brain. 1 entrants total.
Octodad -- MB-FBBB0E2EE6434425 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 1 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-9F9EFA56D5C3ADD5 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-1D96BE4B489E0CB5 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 1 entrants total.
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-26406D246EABA81B - Taken by maty. 2 entrants total.
Sproggiwood -- MB-8000C29A4FC07A01 - Taken by Adnor. 1 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-9A9C41AF3311A107 - Taken by pislit. 6 entrants total.
Streamline -- MB-2C1FC78745360BBC - Taken by Nabae. 1 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-CD1E1735E9FD3C09 - Taken by Nabae. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Swords and Sworcery EP -- MB-A87E0949793D928F - Taken by skny. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-31A3057BD5A96434 - Taken by MiniTaurus. 2 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-904A2DEE2BB01E15 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 3 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-52AC98720143B6ED - Taken by hooijdonk17. 1 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-B194EA74C531FD71 - Taken by Nabae. 3 entrants total.

t1487046008z1.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I accidentally won two copies of Octodad. Also, @stump or whoever can edit ModBot's giveaway functionality, I don't think no winners daily works, since I won the second copy of Octodad hours after the first. If you win, just remove the & because I forget the command for nuking codes. No need to thank me, thank Parsnip instead.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-36B6CB2F9CB387F9 - Taken by Wok. 11 entrants total.

t1487057226z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Went ahead and installed Precursors and in the install folder this stuff is there:

3hpTAnv.png

However:

1) There is no prompt to install anything when starting Precursors.
2) Precursors can be started without Steam running.
3) I couldn't find any additional processes running in task manager when running the game.
4) Those files up there can be deleted and you can start and play the game as normal.

If there's any other way that Starforce can be installed, I'd be willing to check.

Tellaerin

Went ahead and installed Precursors and in the install folder this stuff is there:

3hpTAnv.png

However:

3) I couldn't find any additional processes running in task manager when running the game.
4) Those files up there can be deleted and you can start and play the game as normal.

If there's any other way that Starforce can be installed, I'd be willing to check.

Thanks, bus.

From what I've read, Starforce installs itself as a hidden IDE driver (see here). Is anything like that showing up in device manager for you now?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thanks, bus.

From what I've read, Starforce installs itself as a hidden IDE driver (see here). Is anything like that showing up in device manager for you now?

I checked and it's not listed in my device manager, either.

I think it's safe to install.

Eila

Having screen tearing issues with Deathsmiles. Will have to look for a fix, as the game doens't have a v-sync setting in game. Really fun shmup though.

Overgrowth isn't what I expected. It's blindly fast, has a weird third-person perspective that feels super limiting, and feels oddly janky. The actual gameplay is like Unreal Tournament (the original) but with Mount&Blade-ish combat.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Having screen tearing issues with Deathsmiles. Will have to look for a fix, as the game doens't have a v-sync setting in game. Really fun shmup though.

there should be an ini in the game files directory that you edit to enable v-sync by putting in:
vsync=1

Battlechili

Banned
Is this bundle worth the $15 if all I want from it are Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, and Tales of Zestiria?

I hear Assault Horizon and Zestiria are really bad games of their respective series. Also never played a Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm game, but I having played .hack// and Solatorobo, and having watched some of Asura's Wrath on Youtube has made me wonder if CC2's licensed games are just as good as their unique titles titles.

Lomax

I haven't played it, but from what I've seen in videos It looks like a huge step up in graphics and animations. There's also seems to be a boost on enemy counts. It's a fun Musou to me. I like it even better than the Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors. The combat just feels better to me.

I haven't played Shinovi Versus so I can't answer your question. That said, it's a musou game so there are not really going to be any surprises right? If you enjoyed the first one then you'll probably like the next one too.

Well it's more I haven't played any and I'm content to wait for Estival if it's significantly better but if it's basically the same then I'd just get Shinovi when it goes on sale low enough. From the sounds of things, waiting for Estival is probably worth it if I'm just going to play one of them.

Yakkue

Is this bundle worth the $15 if all I want from it are Ace Combat: Assault Horizon, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, and Tales of Zestiria?

I hear Assault Horizon and Zestiria are really bad games of their respective series. Also never played a Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm game, but I having played .hack// and Solatorobo, and having watched some of Asura's Wrath on Youtube has made me wonder if CC2's licensed games are just as good as their unique titles titles.

I haven't tried any other Tales of game yet, but I'm currently playing Zestiria and having a lot of fun with it. I'd say that game alone is already worth $15.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of thesaucetastic, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-36B6CB2F9CB387F9 - Taken by Wok. 11 entrants total.

t1487057226z1.png

I bought one of the Senran games during the last Steam sale and will play it eventually. I've seen some of the super move animations (the cannon comes to mind) but I don't mind some dumb cheesecake and mindless action.

Transformers Devastation is 80% off... $9.99.

Is this the end of Devastation?
All the Activision Transformers are 75-80%... hmm!

Eila

there should be an ini in the game files directory that you edit to enable v-sync by putting in:
vsync=1

That did the trick, thanks.
Also the game defaulted to 720p but you can change the resolution there. Not sure it does too much as the game is made of pre-rendered sprites but nice that it works anyway.

Rainbow Six Siege is great , I regret not playing it earlier
I really dig it, and I'm usually not one for multiplayer FPS of this type, but I really take to messing up environments and I absolutely adore that it retains everything that happens within a round. All the debris, blood splatter, gun shots, bodies, nothing gets cleaned off until the next round. It's an underappreciated part of games that often gets nixed for optimization purposes, but man do I love it when games allow for their environments to become a legitimate canvas for the player's actions.

zkylon

zkylewd
I couldn't get past the art style. Definitely a change for the worse after HuniePop IMO, though obviously YMMV.
yeah i can see that

it just sounds filthy in a way i can appreciate

tho then again i squirmed at some of the words being used in that game so it's hard to tell with me sometimes

Lomax

hmm considering huniecam studio

i like management games and risky games

It's a big letdown from HuniePop. I really liked the idea of a management sim in the genre but the reality is that it's just a mediocre clicker game with a couple jokes and no real management at all. Nor is it really risqué at all either other than conceptually.

3hpTAnv.png

However:

Thank you. I'll take this out for sure. I'm hunting through mods/patches now.

It's hilarious how the UI is virtually the same as Xenus with a skin on it. The menus even use the same sound effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom