• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tales of Berseria has been on the first page of top sellers(at least in the US) for almost 3 weeks now. I wonder if it is doing OK sales wise. Has any other JRPG stuck around that long?

Ascheroth

Tales of Berseria has been on the first page of top sellers(at least in the US) for almost 3 weeks now. I wonder if it is doing OK sales wise. Has any other JRPG stuck around that long?

Currently sitting at 63k owners and it has been going up by a few thousand nearly every day.
I'd say it's doing very good.

Aaron D.

So CK2 is celebrating its Big 5 Year Anniversary tomorrow.

Anyone want to start a thread celebrating this milestone over on Gaming?

I can't believe it's been 5 years myself. Yet the game still has major DLC being released to this day (Monks and Mystics coming soon).

Damn this game has legs.

prudislav

Anime boobie fightie is coming

unknown.png

So I got a new debit card and when I try to add it to my Steam account I keep getting a message that my purchase has been declined. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Durante

Currently sitting at 63k owners and it has been going up by a few thousand nearly every day.
I'd say it's doing very good.
And it's doing that at full price without any incentive other than being released at the game's actual western launch, and with a competent port. Some companies should take notes.

And it's doing that at full price without any incentive other than being released at the game's actual western launch, and with a competent port. Some companies should take notes.

What amazes me more is how it's performing close to Zestiria. I expected a 50% drop in sales because of being a pseudo sequel/prequel. But yeah, who could've thought that releasing a game day and date and not delayed or 4 days before the actual release would result in more sales ! :")

If SE took notes, NieR Automata would release day and date and we'd have that demo on Steam.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Parsnip, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-DC7F115C9E867105 - Taken by Regginator. 10 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-E592E92AC4B26E6D - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-D86B838E9C349C87
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-3912794ED6DEA941
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-67CB16A6CF710AC8 - Taken by drakaenae. 1 entrants total.
Else Heart Break -- MB-F0C3ADE3D0435623 - Taken by Hakkelus. 4 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-A0B8845683F0FA97 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition -- MB-9F538BC809C4AF73 - Taken by FoneBone. 2 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-3942E642C2EE2C8B - Taken by Heel. 3 entrants total.
Invisible Inc -- MB-E2BD89916AF71A20 - Taken by fernandes. 22 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-E1957A80C3CC2EA2 - Taken by Nezzhil. 11 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-2FB4DC96169E16FE - Taken by drakaenae. 2 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-19F099F7C91492E3 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 1 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-605DAD8A6ABD3F19 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-F39EBD9DFF1C1D8B - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-8F34E427D0EF687C - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-94F839CD765B2E33 - Taken by fspm. 35 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-25057850D833974D - Taken by Belgarion - Taken by Smeagol. 1 entrants total.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-6A5652FC178A2029 - Taken by Cels. 2 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-3B8F3B4F1922E6AB - Taken by ShinUltramanJ. 6 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-3B8F3B4F1922E6AB - Taken by ShinUltramanJ. 6 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-891BF9CEDD260942 - Taken by Endruen. 66 entrants total.
Tower of Guns -- MB-D2838E100D98D3EF - Taken by Naked Snake. 3 entrants total.

VVVVVV -- MB-4F24A83247C27298
Waking Mars -- MB-58E693998347DFD0 - Taken by Flips360. 3 entrants total.
World of Goo -- MB-605DAD8A6ABD3F19 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 7 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1487035632z1.png

rrvv

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rrvv, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-F39D490316528C58 - Taken by gabbo

Ascheroth

Yeah, who would have though that selling a game while it is new, being marketed and being talked about would make it sell. What a shocking revelation.
And yet there are still people believing that late ports and double-dipping make more money overall because... reasons.

What amazes me more is how it's performing close to Zestiria. I expected a 50% drop in sales because of being a pseudo sequel/prequel. But yeah, who could've thought that releasing a game day and date and not delayed or 4 days before the actual release would result in more sales ! :")

If SE took notes, NieR Automata would release day and date and we'd have that demo on Steam.
In some way it's actually doing better than Zestiria, since around 50k sales of that one were because of Tales of Symphonia being a preorder bonus - Berseria is selling that much on its own merits.

Wok

Are you in the US? If not, your provider might be blocking payments to foreign recipients.

I first read it as the following and thought things escalated very quickly in the US this year.

Are you in the US? If yes, your provider might be blocking payments by foreigners.

Regarding the initial problem, I encountered it twice in the past:
  • once during Steam sales, as my bank was not enjoying getting many purchases for a little amount of money each, at the same store.
  • another time, and I think it was Steam payment processing having a technical downtime.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I wonder if South Park is ever going to be released. There's a sub with what I assume is all 277 episodes plus the movie and the Six Days to Air documentary, but it hasn't been touched since last year's season ended, and S20 was accidentally released on the store almost half a year ago now but I couldn't watch the episodes even if I wanted to as the apps were made private again.

JaseC

Is Planet Coaster not family shareable because it uses Denuvo or did the devs disable it themselves?

It's shareable. The exclusion flag isn't present and the game's FAQ actually covers this question. The Family Sharing system isn't perfect, though, and a random selection of games that are supposed to be shareable won't appear in shared libraries for no discernible reason (e.g. in my case I can't share Advanced Warfare, a couple of Resident Evil games, South Park, and god knows what else). I wish Valve would fix this.

bbd23

Hahaha get fucked UK haha... oh wait that's me. Fuck.

Still not watched any walking dead but intend to do so whenever I see a good opertunity.

Signed up to Amazon prime and netflix a couple of days ago, but UK doesn't get them and I ain't paying for more subs... other than Spotify and Endomondo, also subbed two days ago

only season 1 is worth it.

Nzyme32

I wonder if South Park is ever going to be released. There's a sub with what I assume is all 277 episodes plus the movie and the Six Days to Air documentary, but it hasn't been touched since last year's season ended, and S20 was accidentally released on the store almost half a year ago now but I couldn't watch the episodes even if I wanted to as the apps were made private again.

South is another one I could endlessly watch. Interested to see if it actually shows up eventually

JaseC

South is another one I could endlessly watch. Interested to see if it actually shows up eventually

At this point, my only guess is that Comedy Central is waiting for The Fractured But Whole to hit. But even that doesn't have a release date yet!

Sini

It's shareable. The flag isn't present and the game's FAQ actually covers this question. The Family Sharing system isn't perfect, though, and a random selection of games that are supposed to be shareable won't appear in shared libraries for no discernible reason (e.g. in my case I can't share Advanced Warfare, a couple of Resident Evil games, South Park, and god knows what else). I wish Valve would fix this.

I had to restart my client for PC to appear. Is the family share disabled flag easily visible at SteamDB?
I can see Advanced Warfare from my friend just fine here, weird.

Also do you know if Valve is aware that broadcasting at ultrawide resolution is broken?

yuraya

Walking Dead tv show is kinda meh. I made it through 3 seasons before being bored to death by it all. Couldn't do anymore after that. I really can't believe they are on season 8 now wtf.

JaseC

I had to restart my client for PC to appear. Is the family share disabled flag easily visible at SteamDB?

Yeah. If you view an app's info tab and "exfgls" is listed, then it's excluded. Unreleased games are excluded by default these days.

Also do you know if Valve is aware that broadcasting at ultrawide resolution is broken?

I'm sure it's on a bug tracker list, right alongside "The unlock countdown timer on store pages is an hour off" and "Firefox users can't invite people to groups". ;)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Super Meat Boy -- MB-25057850D833974D - Taken by Belgarion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom