• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I'm pretty sure yeah.
Just looked it up again, and it does indeed release on March 10th on Steam, alongside the european PS release.
That's awfully nice of Gust, we don't get that many day one releases of primarily console games.

We kinda do, unless the publisher is called Square Enix. KT and Namco for example have switched into a day and date release recently. Spike Chunsoft too. And well, all the others.

well, most games I'm interested in atm that we don't know anything about their fate are or made by SE or published, so yeah

like when we even will get WoFF if ever...
and let's not forget SO5
or Nier

so my perspective might be skewed somewhat by this

MUnited83

For you.
That's awfully nice of Gust, we don't get that many day one releases of primarily console games.

We kinda do, unless the publisher is called Square Enix. KT and Namco for example have switched into a day and date release recently. Spike Chunsoft too. And well, all the others.

Arthea

Having not gotten Sophie yet, should I get Firis instead? Or is Sophie the better game?

how can we know? Firis isn't even released yet and Sophie is great

Sophie is the start of a trilogy that Firis continues
Firis is also probably gonna be $60 instead of $30 since it's day and date with the console versions

I hope it's not more than $50, not that I have any reason to hope so

Tonton

Having not gotten Sophie yet, should I get Firis instead? Or is Sophie the better game?
Sophie is the start of a trilogy that Firis continues
Firis is also probably gonna be $60 instead of $30 since it's day and date with the console versions

Durante

The only true answer is that you should get both :p

Anyway, we know Sophie is excellent, and it's the first in the trilogy, so you should start with that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What I'm pissed about RE7 is those dlcs are probably all cut contents and modes. I mean, the base game is BLOODY short and the only additional thing is Madhouse difficulty, not enough if you compare it to other RE extra modes which came for free.

its 10 hours long on average, thats not short at all

Ludens

Banned
its 10 hours long on average, thats not short at all

No wait, I think 10 hours is too much. I took six hours the first time I played it, and this on Easy and getting all antique coins and docs. I remember old RE lasted much more than that usually. They are all supershort games when you know what to do, so I'm not talking about speedruns etc, but for a "first time experience" 6 hours for 50€ is not a good deal in my opinion.
Plus even RE0, the "classic" RE I disliked more (not bad, but boring, played it only once) had an additional, funny mode, there's nothing here if you don't pay Capcom for it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Every RE since like 3 had a bonus mode though. 7 lacks this unless you pony up for DLC.

I was merely talking about game lenght

No wait, I think 10 hours is too much. I took six hours the first time I played it, and this on Easy and getting all antique coins and docs. I remember old RE lasted much more than that usually. They are all supershort games when you know what to do, so I'm not talking about speedruns etc, but for a "first time experience" 6 hours for 50€ is not a good deal in my opinion.

you played on easy and are complaining about the game being short? And no the other RE games werent very long except RE6's baffling 20 hours. I finished RE4 in 12 hours on normal, RE5 in 9 hours on normal, REmake in12 hours on normal. And im mr. "game time is the number one value in games" btw, but I thought RE7's campaign was perfectly fine lenght. Even how long to beat has it on 9 hours average for the cmapaign.

Ludens

Banned
I was merely talking about game lenght

you played on easy and are complaining about the game being short? And no the other RE games werent very long except RE6's baffling 20 hours. I finished RE4 in 12 hours on normal, RE5 in 9 hours on normal, REmake in12 hours on normal.

I also played it on Madhouse and completed it in 3 hours and something.
Since you can avoid 90% of the enemies in both modes, in the end you only face bosses and some common, unavoidable enemies so I think it's indicative of its lenght. Consider also the RE7 campaign's lenght is "increased" with the trick of
making you to play the boat section twice, even if in a different form. Same for the Mia's tape and the very first tape you find, the one of the demo. I don't talk about backtracking because that's a fact of this franchise and it's never a problem, but here you play the same pieces of the game twice, including the birthday tape with a variation later.

Arminsc

Walking Dead tv show is kinda meh. I made it through 3 seasons before being bored to death by it all. Couldn't do anymore after that. I really can't believe they are on season 8 now wtf.

Same here, watched until mid season 2 and stopped, then my brother convinced me to continue, and I just made it to early season 3... but then people seem to like it

Rhaknar

oh cool you only need lvl 8 for the "best" ending before the true ending, that was easy to grind for. Apparently there's a lot of post game stuff to do for the true ending, neat.

My little healing fairy thing is messing up my 4-legged posse tho ;_;

UZK05g6.jpg

Jadax

Walking Dead tv show is kinda meh. I made it through 3 seasons before being bored to death by it all. Couldn't do anymore after that. I really can't believe they are on season 8 now wtf.

This used to be an amazing show. I watched up till the CDC part properly - then the next season I was all hyped for it (in my opinion one of the best shows that did the whole survival in a zombie apocalypse well), but it was shit. It became more about bitchy people trying to backstab each other.

Into the Breach made me reinstall FTL a couple of days ago. The game is still as satisfying, and frustrating at the same time, as ever. Also, I managed to finish it (on normal, I'm not crazy) with the Lanius B-ship for the first time.

Rhaknar

this game man

besides some boob jiggle, and the overall costumes obviously, theres actually a lot less fan service than I expected after that scene. There's never anything like this for example:

7583c90eacd71cd7eed57420ac5843d0.gif

which is surprising since its a game about a
gay relationship
afterall and it would be very easy to go overboard with it. Its actually done in a cute way which I apreciated. Just finished it actually, time to get the true ending I guess since it seems the game continues after the end.

Lomax

yeah that's what i keep hearing but every time i see it on sale i get the urge to buy it lol

Yeah, it's not "bad" per se, after all, the clicker gameplay loop is pretty compelling. I put a decent number of hours into it but I got tired of grinding for the last achievements. But HuniePop was legitimately brilliant and I really had hopes they could do something as good and subversive in the management genre and they really didn't even try to. I'm hoping they are working on HuniePop 2 now.

Anteater

besides some boob jiggle, and the overall costumes obviously, theres actually a lot less fan service than I expected after that scene. There's never anything like this for example:

7583c90eacd71cd7eed57420ac5843d0.gif

which is surprising since its a game about a
gay relationship
afterall and it would be very easy to go overboard with it. Its actually done in a cute way which I apreciated. Just finished it actually, time to get the true ending I guess since it seems the game continues after the end.

it's honestly sorta weird they add these fan services because they don't seem necessary, both atelier and nights of azure are incredibly cutesy, the fan services are so minor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom