• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm awake now. I released my little game, Red Haze onto Steam:

Red Haze Steam Store Page

Here's to seeing how my first little commercial endeavor goes.

Red Haze already scare me more than RE7 ever managed to.

Yeah, I just completed my first play-through of Red Haze. Ridiculously disturbing, I got ending 'N'. Thanks for the code, Dusk Golem. I shall be playing it some more.

I'm happy you two are enjoying it so far~ Tried to add some surprises. Still got some work to do as have two major patches planned for the next couple weeks, but as the game is branching anyways it shouldn't get too much in the way.

prudislav

Anyone played this???(came out from Early Access yesterday)
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/410840/

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a big letdown from HuniePop. I really liked the idea of a management sim in the genre but the reality is that it's just a mediocre clicker game with a couple jokes and no real management at all. Nor is it really risqué at all either other than conceptually.
yeah that's what i keep hearing but every time i see it on sale i get the urge to buy it lol

Alright, so Overgrowth is actually pretty awesome with some proper level design. The Lugaru campaign is an array of minute-long levels that are incredibly thrilling with the fast-paced melee, stealth, and parkour systems in play. Hard, too; but it really shows the potential of the foundations in place. The closest comparison would be SUPERHOT I guess, only with a much more frenetic pace.

Have you ever wanted to be a martial arts superhero? Now that dream is reality.

sanhora

Paradox Interactive end of year report

tl;dr

Full year 2016
Revenues for the period amounted to SEK 653.7 (604.1) million, an increase by 8 % compared to the same period last year.
Operating profit amounted to SEK 308.0 (241.7) million, an increase by 27 %.
Profit before tax amounted to SEK 308.6 (242.0) million, and profit after tax amounted to SEK 240.4 (188.8) million.

We are cash flow positive and already have a good cash position, enabling us to do larger investments and look at interesting acquisitions. However, it's important to stress that we are in no hurry, making the right decisions for Paradox of today and Paradox of tomorrow is the priority above all.

2017 has the makings of being just as exciting for us as 2016. The organisation and all its parts is teeming with ideas, passion and activity. Things we can mention right now is White Wolf who recently announced that they have licensed the brand ”Werewolf: The Apocalypse" to publisher Focus Home Interactive, for a larger PC and console project. In addition to this they are working with several smaller licensing projects, like three smaller mobile projects with different developers.

Oh Paradox, why did you send the Werewolf game to die with Focus Home... whyyyy....
You might be interested in Absolver:

Certainly looks good, but I don't have high expectations for a multiplayer-only game focusing on "decks." (Maybe it isn't card-based, but the concept of deckbuilding and cards have become poison to me. Only Thea: The Awakening does it right.)

Besides, 9Dragons remains my go-to martial arts MMO. Heavenly Demons are my jam.

...I haven't played it in ages.

Arulan

I'm glad to see Paradox doing well.

I hope Werewolf: The Apocalypse is as good as I want it to be.
And of course, Obsidian's Vampire: The Masquerade. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Looks fun, seems to be a hybrid of twin-stick shooter and tower defense.

Saw a video of that earlier for PS4 and wondered if it was timed (or even fully) exclusive, looks awesome. Glad its not.

Deques

I am at the end of Final Fantasy V now. Only got the final boss left to beat. Maybe I should grind to get max levels on several jobs first. The last area gives a lot of ABP per fight

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I am at the end of Final Fantasy V now. Only got the final boss left to beat. Maybe I should grind to get max levels on several jobs first. The last area gives a lot of ABP per fight

but why if when you finish the game you wont use them? Its not like an mmo where you continue the game after you "finish" it right?

just something that hit me recently when I was collecting some secret weapon or thinking about it or whatever it was, it was literally pointless since I was about to finish the game. I mean, unless its like a Souls game with NG+ or something.

edit: I think it was some metroidvania I played some time ago actually, like I was near the end and thought about going back and looking for more items and was literally going "butwhy.gif"

Lanrutcon

but why if when you finish the game you wont use them? Its not like an mmo where you continue the game after you "finish" it right?

just something that hit me recently when I was collecting some secret weapon or thinking about it or whatever it was, it was literally pointless since I was about to finish the game. I mean, unless its like a Souls game with NG+ or something.

edit: I think it was some metroidvania I played some time ago actually, like I was near the end and thought about going back and looking for more items and was literally going "butwhy.gif"

Loads of jrpgs do this. It's more for bragging rights or completionists. I can't think of a single end boss in any game that you can't beat with weapons you acquire normally.

Deques

For the matter of having something completed :)

That and achievements ^^

And also there are a few side bosses that are more difficult

Rhaknar

For the matter of having something completed :)

That and achievements ^^

And also there are a few side bosses that are more difficult

fair enough, im not against it mind you, I just had that "click" like I said and now I cant go back lol. I think the first time I played shadow complex on 360 I got everything for example.

so when we would realistically see stuff added to the freedom bundle, if it was happening? same time as the bundle went live? Nabs was saying there was a itchio bundle that kept adding devs / games but I dont remember that.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
FREEEEEEEEDOM

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-2E3FE82B227C7D26 - Taken by Anteater. 2 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-C21154B9FA4DAE65
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-01460C2AD60598C8 - Taken by Alex_CWB. 1 entrants total.
Monster Loves You -- MB-9E1863B785C5349D
No Time to Explain -- MB-D785DE3147234949 - Taken by illusionary. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-604CA8E6299C6CE4 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-0599960ECC5BDF64 - Taken by rostocker. 1 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-5D4AC50525C6773D
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-76861CF6E57A156D - Taken by T-Rex.. 1 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-DEEE28F35204A098 - Taken by sid2vicious. 4 entrants total.
Subnautica -- MB-C6D7195A4399FB64 - Taken by Danielsan. 6 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-DE1566BAA0818E99 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Super Meat Boy -- MB-5107AADC331A0909
The Stanley Parable -- MB-4BD04DA07D651123 - Taken by Sajko. 1 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-031C047344227FBD
Tower of Guns -- MB-E832D4DAAD0B67F0 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-53396D3E63FDEEF4
Waking Mars -- MB-518A895EB1AA2459 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.

t1487064888z1.png

Arthea

is this your first time with FFV? It's a such a good game.

KainXVIII

Starting playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
while waiting for Nioh PC port
- its not so hard as NGS1, at least first couple of levels, i even able to find some coop partners for online gaming! (for PS3 game released in 2009!)

Rhaknar

Wasnt that an ewrly build of the game? Because the complete game is far better from what inunderstood

or he just didnt like it. The demo is the beggining of the game, what you see there is what you get in the final game. I thought it was amazing.

Checked Freedom bundle to see if it broke 1 million during the night...its up to 2.2 lol >_<

Anteater

... the hell, i already have 2064 read only memories

gonna modbot it again, my apologies lol

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-CCC1875C152CA256 - Taken by rostocker. 2 entrants total.

t1487066377z1.png

TI82

Banned
I believe he wasn't really into this type of game

edit: or maybe not :p

I love metroidvania games, Ori and the blind forest was the most recent really awesome one. Was thinking it would be somewhere along those lines but it really doesn't seem like it is. At least not in the demo.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Rockin' Ranger, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

12 is Better Than 6 -- MB-67395231016B8637 - Taken by yoshizzle. 11 entrants total.
2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-11FE7DB4CC78A800 - Taken by dot. 9 entrants total.
7 Grand Steps -- MB-85AB92ACB063D58D - Taken by Hektor. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named Tom -- MB-4C2BAF032694FB7F
AI War: Fleet Command -- MB-81168E5A729756EB - Taken by White Wolf. 3 entrants total.
CASE: Animatronics -- MB-FABBF9BD20B18EFF - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Contrast -- MB-B3D0F39B58C51A40 - Taken by illusionary. 12 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle -- MB-57383154FAC994FB - Taken by thesaucetastic. 5 entrants total.
Dungelot: Shattered Lands -- MB-5CC990C5766F7AA5 - Taken by claytonlee101. 4 entrants total.
Girls Like Robots -- MB-8AA8D236345D830F - Taken by MaxiLive. 2 entrants total.
Human Resource Machine -- MB-47D29D1F1E1FFCDC - Taken by 73V3N. 2 entrants total.
I am Bread -- MB-83A6D056D32B279B - Taken by Last Baron. 7 entrants total.
Invisible, Inc. -- MB-58E49E97A35C17A9 - Taken by Cels. 28 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-9FD7C3CD75F49108 - Taken by Accoun. 11 entrants total.

Monster Loves You -- MB-61CEEA806BF3893D - Taken by claytonlee101. 6 entrants total.
Mushroom 11 -- MB-920E1B11798B2FA2 - Taken by Ludens. 4 entrants total.
No Time to Explain -- MB-96ED7C8CFDC24CDA - Taken by Tall4Life. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-7E124F3105DA2627 - Taken by Madn. 22 entrants total.
Octodad Dadliest Catch -- MB-2B61D6CD2477B13A - Taken by rostocker. 4 entrants total.
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS -- MB-A790C06EA39A2E9F - Taken by Abomination. 5 entrants total.
Robot Roller Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-ADCFAAAB4EC14135
Secrets of Raetikon -- MB-A3C545FB761FB936
Spirits -- MB-0640358F6A020712 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 4 entrants total.
Sproggiwood -- MB-FDE5C7CE862CA235 - Taken by Catshade. 11 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-ABA4DCAFA777E1DC - Taken by Zeknurn. 29 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-E1AC4163ECDE8919
Super Meat Boy -- MB-B7B29A0CB9F535A3
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP -- MB-5B686B47DCAAA0D9 - Taken by Jalal. 2 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-DD2ED5948B9AB1EF - Taken by Naked Snake. 4 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-534BE065A3F37E20 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 2 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-A2DF10838418FCC3 - Taken by wetflame. 51 entrants total. - Taken by Ascheroth. 67 entrants total.
Thirty Flights of Loving -- MB-FF3656468BDDBC1B - Taken by Dessart. 6 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-442845484BE8144E
Waking Mars -- MB-5D68CD2D57B23D07
World of Goo -- MB-3E9F313739392026 - Taken by Endruen. 2 entrants total.

t1487110103z1.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That Humble Freedom Bundle is immense. Part of me applauds the number of games you get, another part curses that I already own half of the games I want from it. It's really only The Witness and Nuclear Throne that I'd want from it. Still a great deal though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Anno, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Anno, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2064: Read Only Memories -- MB-7F5A518699745CC6 - Taken by BlakeofT. 4 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-406AEC785F820E61 - Taken by Spirited. 5 entrants total.
Gunmetal Arcadia Zero -- MB-4CDAD7D157C00636 - Taken by rainking187. 4 entrants total.
Hue -- MB-FD58D03D9B016ED6 - Taken by SSPssp. 11 entrants total.
Invisible Inc. -- MB-6251B73A7DB1057A - Taken by Nabs. 16 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-C83608B03F2FB535 - Taken by spindoctor. 2 entrants total.
Nuclear Throne -- MB-3ACF7796BD4FCFE8 - Taken by EdmondD. 9 entrants total.
Octodad: Dadliest Catch -- MB-CC7C9E8FEA66A6A8 - Taken by Arminsc. 1 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-35C973A2862EF768 - Taken by Volimar. 21 entrants total.
The Witness -- MB-7789548BDE0213B1 - Taken by madjoki. 54 entrants total.
Total War: Warhammer -- MB-B9DD86F8E66D8E6A - Taken by dave is ok. 27 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1487112154z1.png

Mivey

That Humble Freedom Bundle is immense. Part of me applauds the number of games you get, another part curses that I already own half of the games I want from it. It's really only The Witness and Nuclear Throne that I'd want from it. Still a great deal though.
Those games alone are worth it. I guess you don't actually care for freedom, huh.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Okay, so I'm trying not to blab too much about Red Haze, but I had to mention this.

So when you releasing Trading Cards for a game you created, you kind of can get everything for free. IE, I can generate a set of cards for myself and craft it into a badge. HOWEVER, I can't sell/trade the cards I craft for myself or even turn them into gems or discard them, so if I crafted myself say, 100 cards, I would have 100 cards permanently locked in my inventory I can't remove or do anything with once I crafted my badge. The same thing goes for backgrounds/emotes, I can make them for myself and people under my company freely, but they are permanently locked to your account. ALSO, when you craft a badge, it's a freebie but the emotes/backgrounds crafted from those are also permanently in your inventory, you can't do anything with them either but keep them in your inventory.

Anyways, to avoid items being permanently in my inventory, I want to craft the badges manually for my game. So been creating booster packs, and want to buy some stuff off Steam but some users are SERIOUSLY inflating Red Haze's card market value right now it's ridiculous. XD;

A few of the cards are being sold for $100, not just Kiki there. And more than one user is pushing that price point.

I know it'll drop from that soon, but oh my you fucking card sellers! I just want my Red Haze badge without having to do Steam dev stuff. I guess I can wait for a few hours to craft another booster pack.

I also think developers are given OP Foil spoils for their own games. I noticed this with Close Your Eyes as well when I released that, but two of my card drops for Red Haze were fucking foil cards. I swear as a developer you have a MUCH higher chance of getting foil card drops for your own game. With Close Your Eyes I had several foil cards from crafting booster packs as well.

Tizoc

It just occurred to me that there aren't many Motorbike racing games on Steam that aren't motorcross/dirt bikes.
If there are any, could someone link to them?
MX Storm looks rather interesting on the one hand at least
http://store.steampowered.com/app/488690/

or he just didnt like it. The demo is the beggining of the game, what you see there is what you get in the final game. I thought it was amazing.

Checked Freedom bundle to see if it broke 1 million during the night...its up to 2.2 lol >_<

I've played various games where the start of the game was underwhelming but the remainder of the game was fantastic.
Same may apply with Hollow Knight, though if they still aren't interested in it for the time being, that's coo~

Rhaknar

hmm actually done every quest in Nights of Azure, but im near the end and dont think I cba grinding out levels just to see the real ending. Story progression (well for the different endings anyway) is tied to your level, you get specific cutscenes at certain levels that raise your relationship, im at lvl 7 now and the next lvl needs 140k blood, when im getting like 20k blood per run in these higher lvl zones, and max lvl is 11 so I cant even imagine how much you need for those :/

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Those games alone are worth it. I guess you don't actually care for freedom, huh.

True, but I kind of want both on PS4 and would rather wait for a discount there. It's very tempting though. Also I'm British so of course I don't care for freedom. We're following you right into the dark.

Arthea

hmm actually done every quest in Nights of Azure, but im near the end and dont think I cba grinding out levels just to see the real ending. Story progression (well for the different endings anyway) is tied to your level, you get specific cutscenes at certain levels that raise your relationship, im at lvl 7 now and the next lvl needs 140k blood, when im getting like 20k blood per run in these higher lvl zones, and max lvl is 11 so I cant even imagine how much you need for those :/

duh, that sounds bad and I checked global achievements recently and there were people that already have all achievements, so these are cheaters yet again?!
why oh why

I thought about 100%-ing it after Atelier because it seemed to be not that much of work, but now I know better.

Actually the same might have happened to Atelier, although it probably is easier to 100%, I'm not sure, still in the middle of the game.
Talking about Sophie, it has no cloud saves.... what sucks and apparently it won't have, unlike Azure which had right from the start.

edited: btw Atelier Sophie is now at 15K owners, hopefully it'll sell at least 20K at full price and more later, as I want Firis and all other Gust games.

Arthea

Sony $$$$.

DLC for PC and Xbox comes out few weeks after PS4.

Sony should spend their $$$$ on their servers, because PSN is still pretty bad, considering it's a paid service instead of securing timed exclusivity for every single small thing.

Ludens

Banned
Sony $$$$.

DLC for PC and Xbox comes out few weeks after PS4.

What I'm pissed about RE7 is those dlcs are probably all cut contents and modes. I mean, the base game is BLOODY short and the only additional thing is Madhouse difficulty, not enough if you compare it to other RE extra modes which came for free.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Forgot one!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

t1cxE6r.gif
The Witness -- MB-E6AB54362877DACD - Taken by Alex_CWB. 15 entrants total.

t1487072163z1.png

Ascheroth

edited: btw Atelier Sophie is now at 15K owners, hopefully it'll sell at least 20K at full price and more later, as I want Firis and all other Gust games.
Firis is already coming in ...3 weeks. The close release to Sophie will probably hurt it a little though, but it's the overall better decision I think.
But yeah, here's hoping it continues to do well.

Tizoc

Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 is cheapest at Gamersgate.
Tempted to get it mainly to go around sniping people with bow and arrow :X

Arthea

Firis is already coming in ...3 weeks. The close release to Sophie will probably hurt it a little though, but it's the overall better decision I think.
But yeah, here's hoping it continues to do well.

it does? so right after I finish Sophie, works well for me, but are you sure?
I thought we didn't have exact release date for steam.
or maybe I forgot

edited: NieR: Automata (PS4) &#8211; 10/10/9/10 [39/40]

MUnited83

For you.
duh, that sounds bad and I checked global achievements recently and there were people that already have all achievements, so these are cheaters yet again?!
why oh why

I thought about 100%-ing it after Atelier because it seemed to be not that much of work, but now I know better.

Actually the same might have happened to Atelier, although it probably is easier to 100%, I'm not sure, still in the middle of the game.
Talking about Sophie, it has no cloud saves.... what sucks and apparently it won't have, unlike Azure which had right from the start.

Those are some nice sales in a week for a late port of niche series. Nice to see, and hopefully Firis benefits from being day and date and does >25k in first week. I hope they are taking feedback from Sophie into account and adjusting Firis port based on it. Hopefully we get full quality 2D assets this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom