• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
lol Steam Region Locking me with these deals wtf :lol At least they don't know I can use my Sprint phone which uses a USA ISP and buy from the store there then download to my PC. I figured this out last night haha.

Considering the two Max Paynes for convenience. I also wanted Civilization IV, but it's too expensive still (I'll have to buy the expansions too, or else it won't feel right).

Zzoram

VGChampion said:
The Civ IV Complete Package is showing up at $13.59 for me. Just picked that up instead of the daily deals. :lol

Wow. WTF? Civ IV Complete exists, and is super cheap. Yet they list the individual components as deals of the day, when they add up to be almost twice the price.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Brazil said:
Civ 4?

What?

I only see Osmos, L4D and FIFA Manager.
only 3 Deals for we, south americans.

The other 5 are 2 MaxPayne games (rockstar, not available down here) and 3 civilization IV things (also not available down here)

Edit: The maxpayne bundle is 3.74 dollars. Dick move, Steam...

Zzoram

darkpaladinmfc said:
Considering the two Max Paynes for convenience. I also wanted Civilization IV, but it's too expensive still (I'll have to buy the expansions too, or else it won't feel right).

Civ IV complete is $13, for some reason they aren't displaying that as the deal of the day.

Oreoleo

Relix said:
lol Steam Region Locking me with these deals wtf :lol At least they don't know I can use my Sprint phone which uses a USA ISP and buy from the store there then download to my PC. I figured this out last night haha.

I want my $5 back! :mad:

Just kidding :)

Mr Cola said:
Incredibly hard?

Honestly I don't know. Never had the patience to make it through a single game/campaign/match/whatever. Hopefully someone else can better answer you.

You can get Civ IV Complete for £4.99 on Play.com, and it's been that price for a while.

Silly people, thinking Steam are the be-all and end-all of deals.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
the civ pack was showing at £8 for me, now its skipped back up to £17

nyong said:
Ok. Osmos for sure.

I'm debating L4D. Is there still a sizable crowd that plays it, or have most migrated towards LFD2? Does the sequel fix several glaring errors/omissions?

The sequel is the better game since it adds more weapons & enemies. However, the original is still a very great game and worth getting since you get four different characters (each with their own little quips) and you get a different set of levels.

And yes, it still does have a good collection of people playing.

RubberJohnny said:
You can get Civ IV Complete for £4.99 on Play.com, and it's been that price for a while.

Silly people, thinking Steam are the be-all and end-all of deals.
I agree but sometimes it's worth paying a few £ more just to have it always available via steam on any pc you log into and install on.

Also I approve of your avatar.

Mr Cola said:
Incredibly hard?

No. As a matter of fact, I'd say it's the perfect game to get into the genre. It's incredibly deep, but you can play it and win (and most importantly, have a ton of fun) just knowing the basics on the regular difficulties.

Smash88

Banned
Price is now back up for Civvy. Kudos to anyone who got it during the brief price sale.

chixdiggit said:
Ahhhhh what are the chances they lower the CIV complete back down?

None. It usually either happens as a brief moment or an error in their pricing.

Guess I was wrong. :lol

nyong

Banned
I nailed the $13 Civ IV before the error was corrected. One of the few times in my life reactionary spending has paid off, so to speak.

EDIT: I'll bet that $13 was the idea all along, but when they noticed several people purchased it at the full $26, not realizing it was to be lowered, they raised it back up to avoid the inevitable influx of refund requests and annoyed customers.

At least, this is my conspiracy theory.

Oreoleo

Somehow, $2.50 a pop for MP is too much, but $3.74 for the bundle is hitting just the right spot for me to pick em up and never play them. Fucking Steam :(

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
drizzle said:
only 3 Deals for we, south americans.

The other 5 are 2 MaxPayne games (rockstar, not available down here) and 3 civilization IV things (also not available down here)

Edit: The maxpayne bundle is 3.74 dollars. Dick move, Steam...

I'll say it again: fuck you steam and your regional locking. What's so wrong with offering a worldwide service to all your customers?

Zzoram said:
Civ IV complete is $13, for some reason they aren't displaying that as the deal of the day.
I would have bit at that price. But in the UK Civ IV complete is more expensive than Civ IV + Expansions :lol. Getting someone in the US to gift it to me isn't an option any more either.

EDIT: Ok it's gone down. Purchasing time.

Top Bottom