• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Fireblend

Banned
Wait, what? I'm only seeing 3 games now (Osmos, FIFA and L4D)... could see all 8 before. What is this madness?!

Edit: Region restricted? Ah well, won't have to think about Civ IV now... :(

ksan

AndyMoogle said:
Wow, this is the lamest Civ IV deal they could possibly come up with. The complete package, which also includes the Warlords expansion, is only 3€ more :/

Hey, but you save 0,37€ if you buy the package instead of them separately! :lol

Minsc

Gold Member
Cindres said:
If you haven't played Max Payne, buy both, play both. Thank me later.

Not on the front page, but:

Max Payne Bundle - $3.74

while (the daily deals list)
Max Payne - $2.49
Max Payne 2 - $2.49

So if you want both, be sure to grab the bundle instead!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Already own MP1+2 (never finished) might rebuy for the convenience, was hoping for a better deal on the Civ titles, again I own 4 + BtS but not Colonization.
Mr Cola said:
never played a civ game before

Worth a punt on 4?
Yes.

Some no-brainers today . . . .

If you like action buy both Max Paynes & L4D.

And as I said above, Osmos is really cool and should be bought if you like puzzlers.

The problem for me is that I own all of the above.

if you like strategy BUY THE CIVILIATION GAMES

If you don't buy anything today, it should only be because you don't like gaming, you have the above games, or are really poor.

graywolf323

nyong said:
Civ IV Complete is only $26. I'm tempted, very tempted.

EDIT: How much was it yesterday, before the special?

same price I'm pretty sure

they discounted the individual games further but not the pack (which is still just barely cheaper than the games separate)

I own everything on sale today already except FIFA Manager 10 which I don't have any interest in :-(

oh well my wallet breathes a sigh of relief at least

mrgone

Orellio said:
Quoted for truth. I dropped 10 hours playing Osmos over 2 or 3 days without even thinking about it. Great little gem of a game.

+1 for truly truth

That last boss on the life path is evil, truly. Awesome game

Hm.. i don't have that last civ expansion, but since i haven't got to the others yet, i think i'll pass. 10 bucks is a bit too steep for this year. It'll probably be on sale next year anyways

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ikuu said:
Already own MP1+2 (never finished) might rebuy for the convenience, was hoping for a better deal on the Civ titles, again I own 4 + BtS but not Colonization.

Yes.

Excuse the extreme ignorance but what sort of game is it? Ive never delved into that genre before, my consideration in buying it is solely based on popular praise and recommendation.

....what do you do in it?

Frawdder said:
For those who it might interest, I clicked on Max Payne and there is a Max Payne bundle for $3.74. Not sure why you'd buy 1 + 2 separately then.
No idea if I still own max payne pc from all those years ago but both in a bundle for £2.29 is worth it, and i'm yet to experience the 2nd game too (I personally think the 2nd looks shit, but I loved the first one)

nyong

Banned
Ok. Osmos for sure.

I'm debating L4D. Is there still a sizable crowd that plays it, or have most migrated towards LFD2? Does the sequel fix several glaring errors/omissions?

This is silly. No winners. If they did not split Civ V up like that there would be a better chance

Everyone can have six guess tomorrow, which will lead to better odds of someone winning

Oreoleo

Mr Cola said:
Excuse the extreme ignorance but what sort of game is it? Ive never delved into that genre before, my consideration in buying it is solely based on popular praise and recommendation.

Civ4? It's a turn-based strategy game. I've never gotten into the series personally but some people REALLY get off on it. If you like strategy games it's a no-brainer.

naib

AndyMoogle said:
Wow, this is the lamest Civ IV deal they could possibly come up with. The complete package, which also includes the Warlords expansion, is only 3€ more :/
I feel better. Warlords didn't occur to me.

mrgone

Minsc said:
Not on the front page, but:

Max Payne Bundle - $3.74

while (the daily deals list)
Max Payne - $2.49
Max Payne 2 - $2.49

So if you want both, be sure to grab the bundle instead!

Holy crap! I own both games on disc, but for 3.74 I think I'll buy the bundle just to have them in my damn steam account.

edit: Anyone know how well mods work with the steam versions?

Frawdder said:
For those who it might interest, I clicked on Max Payne and there is a Max Payne bundle for $3.74. Not sure why you'd buy 1 + 2 separately then.

Good catch man, I was almost finished buying them there when I saw your post. With all these sales every spare bit of cash helps! :lol

Reno7728

Keyser Soze said:
This is silly. No winners. If they did not split Civ V up like that there would be a better chance

Everyone can have six guess tomorrow, which will lead to better odds of someone winning

Damm me for saying complete and not just civ 4!

Smash88

Banned
Keyser Soze said:

And you were saying how I had more than 6 :lol

ksan

Def getting the Max Payne games, long time ago I last played them and they were so good when they were released.
Also getting Osmos because it's so cheap and I might like it :lol
Question is whether to buy Civilization or not, I'm scared that the sale is bugged now and there will be a cheaper package soon.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Kerrinck said:
Brazil also.
We buy from the US store but some titles are still restricted, like bioshock and FF 11.
Didn't know that. Oh, well.

Strangely enough, FFXI doesn't seem to be restricted here. I can access the game's page and stuff, while Civ 4 and Max Payne won't even show up on searchs.

I <3 Memes said:
Mass Effect will never be in the 24 hour sale. Just give up on the dream guys.

Also some guy yesterday just guessed all Civ games. He would have won today.

Care to make a friendly wager? I say that it will be on the 24 hour sale. If I am correct then you have to purchase Mass Effect for the first person that responds in this thread with the words "I WANT MASS EFFECT". If I am wrong and it doesn't show up in the 24 hour sale than I will have to purchase you a game of $7.50 or less before the 1/3. What do you say?

zoku88

I already have MP2 (nice DVD case, never finished it, though), but I don't have the first (and never played it,) so I decided to buy it. Since the bundle is only 1-2 bucks more, I decided to get that. :lol

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Orellio said:
Civ4? It's a turn-based strategy game. I've never gotten into the series personally but some people REALLY get off on it. If you like strategy games it's a no-brainer.
Incredibly hard?

G_Berry

Banned
Surely someone in here would be kind enough to hook up a brother from down under with the gift of max payne love? Being the holidays and all? ;)

Smash88

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Care to make a friendly wager? I say that it will be on the 24 hour sale. If I am correct then you have to purchase Mass Effect for the first person that responds in this thread with the words "I WANT MASS EFFECT". If I am wrong and it doesn't show up in the 24 hour sale than I will have to purchase you a game of $7.50 or less before the 1/3. What do you say?

I WANT MASS EFFECT :lol

Zzoram

Wow, could today's deal be any worse? Instead of Civ4 complete, they split up the games and only make the full set $3 cheaper (and no Warlords, although BTS contains all the changes Warlord made).

Mr Cola said:

If you are talking about Max Payne, it is a very good third person shooter like a John Woo movie with an interesting game mechanic where you can slow down time like slow motion movie sequence and dramatically shoot several enemies.

Civilization 4 is the de facto great turn-based strategy game of world domination.

mclem

Civ IV Complete's just changed from £16.74 to £8.49 at my end. Definitely that's the one to go for now unless you just want one expansion.

Top Bottom