• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Frawdder

Left 4 Dead - $7.49
Max Payne - $2.49
Civ 4: Beyond the Sword - $6.79
Civ 4 Colonization - $10.19
Max Payne 2 - $2.49
Civ 4 - $6.79
FIFA Manager 10 - $33.49
Osmos - $1.99

Mass Effect will never be in the 24 hour sale. Just give up on the dream guys.

Also some guy yesterday just guessed all Civ games. He would have won today.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
never played a civ game before

Worth a punt on 4?

mrgone

lakesideflight said:
edit: nevermind, didn't scroll down lulz

It's the better of the two, isn't it? Weird that they have Beyond the Sword and Colonization without Warlords, though.

edit: What the.. edits carry through to quotes (this is madness)

fatty

Wow, I picked CivIV complete and three of those games are part of the Steam sale. I won!!

I kid, I kid

Oreoleo

speculawyer said:
If you don't have it, BUY OSMOS. It is a really clever little puzzle game.

Quoted for truth. I dropped 10 hours playing Osmos over 2 or 3 days without even thinking about it. Great little gem of a game.

Shadow780 said:
Finally, a day without steam purchase since the sale.
3 in a row for me. This sale got very stale very fast :( Not that I wouldn't like to have the Max Payne's but I've bought so many games in the past month I would never ever play them. Have to hold out on something more bite-sized or something I REALLY want (COME ON FEAR2 and Oblivion/F3 GOTY).

Wow, this is the lamest Civ IV deal they could possibly come up with. The complete package, which also includes the Warlords expansion, is only 3€ more :/

Not Sure, Own It, Own It, Own It, Own It, Expansion of First, Expansion of First, Not Interested.

Struck out a bit today. :lol Maybe I'll take a hard look at CivIV. I know it's supposed to be good, but it's a genre I've not had a lot of interest in prior.

Edit:

AndyMoogle said:
Wow, this is the lamest Civ IV deal they could possibly come up with. The complete package, which also includes the Warlords expansion, is only 3€ more :/

Good call. On the US side the difference is $3.02.
On second thought, Warlords also seems to be on sale for $3.39. So it's not that much of a difference either way.

Frawdder

For those who it might interest, I clicked on Max Payne and there is a Max Payne bundle for $3.74. Not sure why you'd buy 1 + 2 separately then.

Top Bottom