• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Seagoon

Could some kind soul gift me the Max Payne bundle? I'll send you a game of your choice around the same value (up to $7.50).

My steam id is goonbridge

Stupid region locking :lol

SephriJ

yep today wasn't a great day for Steam deals, but I did pick up Civ 4, never played any of them that I can remember, but had a lot of friends that have played it and said it was great, so why not. Plus GAF kind of pushed me to it also...lol. :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So Civ4. I'm curious by it but i think it could go way over my tiny brain.

And no max payne for aussies? :lol Ah stupid publishers and their weird love of region locking.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
evlcookie said:
It is actually quite easy to get in to. If you're really having trouble play the tutorial and pretty much everything will be explained.

With like 8 difficulty levels and 6 win conditions it is pretty accessable.

evlcookie said:

IMO, it just seems daunting. It's really quite basic if you want it to be. It recommends which way to build and such.

It's one of those series that sort of defines PC gaming. It's a must play.

windfish

damn i have an CIV IV complete pack sitting in my cart and i just can not buy this fucker. Paypal gives me an error and creditcard doesn't work either.
With all those people here raving about how good this game is, iam running out of patience :(
well at least i can play some max payne..... oh wait thats not even available here!! I'AM PISSED!!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So what does it mean if one's credit card is "denied" everytime one tries gifting a game but works perfectly fine when you buy it for yourself?

Suairyu

Banned
So what was everyone's opinion on Colonization now that they game has had a long time to be played and 'settle'? I bought Civ 4+Expansions a year ago cheaply and it hasn't left my hard drive since - does Colonization have the same depth and longevity?

Seagoon

grandjedi6 said:
So what does it mean if one's credit card is "denied" everytime one tries gifting a game but works perfectly fine when you buy it for yourself?

Hmm are you gifting it to a "restricted" country? it appears that Steam will not allow Max Payne to be gifted to restricted countries. If Google is to be beleived.

Which is a damn shame, oh well looks like the only way I am enjoying this game is off antiquated optical media :lol

ksan

If I'm gonna start playing Civ4 now, which one should I start with?
Should I just start with Vanilla Civ4?
Help would be appreciated :lol

kswiston

ksan said:
If I'm gonna start playing Civ4 now, which one should I start with?
Should I just start with Vanilla Civ4?
Help would be appreciated :lol

Are you playing a scenario, or just a general game? If you are going to play the scenarios, I'd probably start with Vanilla Civ4. If you are going to start a new game on a randomly generated map, there's no reason not to play with the Beyond the Sword improvements.

windfish said:
damn i have an CIV IV complete pack sitting in my cart and i just can not buy this fucker. Paypal gives me an error and creditcard doesn't work either.
With all those people here raving about how good this game is, iam running out of patience :(
well at least i can play some max payne..... oh wait thats not even available here!! I'AM PISSED!!
Do you have money in your paypal account?

You may have been locked out by steam.

Wordaround: create a new account and buy the games as gifts for your main account.

ksan

kswiston said:
Are you playing a scenario, or just a general game? If you are going to play the scenarios, I'd probably start with Vanilla Civ4. If you are going to start a new game on a randomly generated map, there's no reason not to play with the Beyond the Sword improvements.
Ok, thanks a lot :)
I guess I'll start with a general game for fun and probably proceed to scenarios then.
though that's if I ever get finished, I've heard stuff about the Civilization games
:lol

Just btw. I realized that KOTOR has been added to my steam games, although I did buy the 10€ version, where KOTOR wasn't mentioned (although it was on the cover of the thingy). Did Valve add this to all accounts of people that bought the 10€/$ Star Wars pack?
If so: great :)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Seagoon said:
Hmm are you gifting it to a "restricted" country? it appears that Steam will not allow Max Payne to be gifted to restricted countries. If Google is to be beleived.

Which is a damn shame, oh well looks like the only way I am enjoying this game is off antiquated optical media :lol
maybe.... >.>

But I thought gifting was the way around that. Or has Valve suddenly gotten around to stopping this at random?

Firestorm

Seagoon said:

What if you gift it to an e-mail address?

If you buy Civ 4, how many items are shown in your games list for that package? Is it just Civ4 and Civ4:Colonization, or are both expansion there also?

legend166

Stumpokapow said:
3.74 but in the time it takes to ask GAF you could have just went to Steam and checked :p

No need to be smart, I can't see it :p

So it's 3.74 for both games? Anyone wanna be awesome and gift it to me? I'll PayPal the cash. I already did it with another guy for Red Faction Guerilla, so I can be trusted!

Kerrinck

CecilRousso said:
If you buy Civ 4, how many items are shown in your games list for that package? Is it just Civ4 and Civ4:Colonization, or are both expansion there also?

The complete package? It shows 4 games, so yeah the expansions are listed.

windfish

speculawyer said:

Wordaround: create a new account and buy the games as gifts for your main account.

woo-hoo it works!! brilliant indeed! thanks for that, installing right now =D

Hm. I don´t know. Civ4 is a great game, but I´ve played it so much with friends in LAN that its kinda broken for me now. I can´t see myself playing in single player anymore.

But still, its a great deal....

Nabs

if you guys run into problems buying shit off steam, just do it from your browser at store.steampowered.com

I just got tempted to buy the Rockstar Package but I think it already had an offer, didn´t it? 40 still seems quite cheap for all the games it comes with.

This has probably been asked 1,000 times before, but if I have CIV 4 retail, can I get BTS via Steam and have it all work? I assume so, but you never know...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Damn WaW is tempting, I already rented it and played a bit on 360 but didn't really do much of the multiplayer. I don't think I ever played Nazi zombies.

legend166 said:

So it's 3.74 for both games? Anyone wanna be awesome and gift it to me? I'll PayPal the cash. I already did it with another guy for Red Faction Guerilla, so I can be trusted!

Im in the same boat as this guy. Anyone that gifts me the Max Payne pack, I would happily gift them a game worth $10 or less.

steam ID: davonaytor

mandiller

I bought Osmos. It was such a steal I couldn't resist. No Max Payne bundle here in Aussieland. Ahh well. I'm not even sure if I would realistically play those games again (good games, but i've already played them and probably don't intend to revisit them).

Minsc

Gold Member
bengraven said:
speculawyer said:

Brilliant.

Well, I must say, this method solved my problems. And goes to show how dumb Steam's credit check is, well, something's definitely not right if my credit card is blocked from my account, but fine from a new one.

Seagoon

legend166 said:

Did someone gifting you Max Payne work?

sparky2112 said:
This has probably been asked 1,000 times before, but if I have CIV 4 retail, can I get BTS via Steam and have it all work? I assume so, but you never know...

No. The store page says that "Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword requires the Steam version of Sid Meier's Civilization IV to play."

Rur0ni

nilbog21 said:
Hey guys I bought the Max payne bundle but the ingame sound doesn't work (intro sound worked and menu sound works fine, but just not in game), anyone else having this problem? :/
I think there's a fix for that. You have to download a separate installer for it.

Top Bottom