• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Nelo Ice

Banned
speculawyer said:
Who is this woman that shows up in many people's avatars?
aHvF5.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374445

many find the alison brie love disturbing...anyway watch the show :lol :D

Oli

speculawyer said:
Yeah, I was kinda wondering what the phenomena was since she doesn't look like some super-attractive model. Now I have to figure out who that blond woman is that shows up in other people's avatars. Perhaps the another woman in the same show?

Yep.

Gaf goes a little insane over certain girls now and then.

Mr. B

speculawyer said:
Yeah, I was kinda wondering what the phenomena was since she doesn't look like some super-attractive model. Now I have to figure out who that blond woman is that shows up in other people's avatars. Perhaps the another woman in the same show?
If it is it's probably Gillian Jacobs (Britta)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
L4D 4-pack & Civ 4 complete is MINE.:D
I was getting worried that they wouldn't be any good deals anymore.:lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
STEAM WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING TO ME!
I SAID NO MORE MONEY GODDAMMIT!

sigh

maxpayne series
civ 4

bought.

Max

I am not Max
I advise everyone who hasn't played the Max Payne series to spend $5 and do so now.

Edit: $3.74 I mean.

Benedict

Is there any reason to buy civ warlords if I have BTS?

(I bought civ iv and bts on the daily deal before I saw the bundle deal...)
I have Civ IV, Warlords and BTS on disc since before but prefer it digital

kennah

Does CoD:WaW work with a gamepad?

(I know I know, the horror, but I do big comfy couch PC gaming and mouse and keyboard isn't always optimal)

OH Also, is there a difference between Game of the Year L4D and Launch L4D?

Javaman

LovingSteam said:
If I heart Memes agrees to the bet than you will get it.

OMG. So THAT's what I <3 ? means. I always thought it oddly meant "I am worth less then 3 of ?" which doesn't make much sense.

Mind blown. Thank you steam sales thread!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'm really tempted for the Civilization 4 pack. 13.49 for something I really want to play, but know I wouldn't get to anytime soon. :lol

But I'm really happy to see so many buying Max Payne 1/2. Fantastic deal and you all are getting easily one of the best games of the decade.

shintoki said:
I'm really tempted for the Civilization 4 pack. 13.49 for something I really want to play, but know I wouldn't get to anytime soon. :lol

But I'm really happy to see so many buying Max Payne 1/2. Fantastic deal and you all are getting easily one of the best games of the decade.
Buy now, play later.

OMG. So THAT's what I <3 ? means. I always thought it oddly meant "I am worth less then 3 of ?" which doesn't make much sense.
:lol

Zachack

Benedict said:

No

gregor7777 said:
As expected, Civ 4 complete (not a daily deal) shot up to #1 best seller. :lol
Well deserved. Nice to see Osmos making its way up the charts as well -- it must be selling a ton of units to hit #9 at $2 a copy.

ZZMitch

Steam just took the last of my Christmas money...

The Civ4 complete pack was just to good to pass up for 13$, even if I already own CivIV and Colonization, through not on Steam. Having the other two expansions and the convenience of all the games being tied to steam was worth it.

And CivIV is one of the best PC games I have ever played, please take my money

fatty

Benedict said:

I did quite a bit of research here back when I was debating getting a physical copy of BTS. General consensus was if you have CivIV and BTS, you're good.

rohlfinator said:
Well deserved. Nice to see Osmos making its way up the charts as well -- it must be selling a ton of units to hit #9 at $2 a copy.
Yeah, both Max Payne pack & Osmos deserve good sales. I can't emphasize enough how much I liked Osmos. I'm sure some people won't like it but if you like arcade-ish puzzlers, it is great.

I thought the levels where you start out tiny in a massively populated area were genius.

Javaman

faceless007 said:
Are there manuals I can print out for the Civ IV collection somewhere? They don't seem to be available on Steam.

Also, I've heard there are some good mods to use with Civ IV. Do they work with the Steam version?

If the manual doesn't show up by right clicking the game in the list, you can usually find it in the common/gamename folder that steam installed the game into.

Javaman said:
If the manual doesn't show up by right clicking the game in the list, you can usually find it in the common/gamename folder that steam installed the game into.
You can save even when it doesn't show up the screen. Go here:
http://cdn.steampowered.com/Manuals/3900/manual.pdf?t=1261448159

(it won't show up . . . at least not on my Firefox)

But then go to the file menu and say "Save Page as" . . . and you can save the PDF.

RJT

Benedict said:

If you have BTS, Warlords are just more scenarios (which is something I've never been interested in, but you may want).

ATF487

Max Payne 1 and 2 YES

I lent my Max Payne 2 disc to some kid I don't want to talk to anymore, and I've never played the first one. I wonder if they work with a Xbox pad

Seriously? This is ridiculous. Three days in a row with special deals not available on the Australian store. Why the Hell isn't Max Payne available here?

kswiston

I'll ask one more time:

Colonization on its own for $10. Worth it, or should I pass?

Have Civ4 + expansions from last year's sales.

bengraven

L4D at the same price I bought it on Black Friday. :D

I already have Civ 4 non-steam, but tempted to by expansion packs. How does that work?

hamchan

matrix-cat said:
Seriously? This is ridiculous. Three days in a row with special deals not available on the Australian store. Why the Hell isn't Max Payne available here?
Even over digital distribution Australia gets screwed over :(

Top Bottom