• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Wallach

So Civ IV Complete is also part of the daily deal? Or has it been that price for the whole holiday sale?

Bank account... slowly bleeding out...

Sloegr

Wallach said:
So Civ IV Complete is also part of the daily deal? Or has it been that price for the whole holiday sale?

Bank account... slowly bleeding out...

It's a daily deal. I think the daily deal for the complete Civ 4 pack is roughly half-off from the holiday sale price.

Wallach

Sorry, Mr. Meier. I am sticking to my "1 game per daily deal" and even then I broke it buying the bundle of Max Payne and not one or the other. :lol

is there a reason why jade empire keeps crashing on my laptop? as soon as i start the game up and select play it freezes and crashes.

I'm running windows 7, is there any patches i need to download?

Got the Max Payne Bundle, Indigo Prophecy, OutRun 2006, and Rome: Total War. I've been wanting to get Max Payne 2 for years, but I looked at the bundle price and realized I could get the first for literally $1.25 more. :lol

Snapshot King said:
Yeah, I re-read the account hijack guide before your post, wrote my account and ticket number next to my CD-key, posted the CC information they wanted, the emails that were probably first associated with my Steam account. I'm still worried they'll tell me to fuck off anyway though. =\

No, you are good. Here are the only reasons you wouldn't get your account back:

1) Commit credit card fraud
2) Stole/hacked somebody else s account
3) Requested a charge back on a purchase- NEVER EVER DO THIS with Valve. If a pricing error exists ONLY ONLY go through them. I cannot stress that enough.

Those are the only three reasons your account would be permanently disabled. Also, just an FYI if you haven't already, when you get your account back make sure to verify your email. You can do this from within your Steam account, choosing settings, and you will see an option to verify. This forces you to confirm any password change via your email. If someone hacks your account they cannot change your password without having access to your email address.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NightHawk17 said:
is there a reason why jade empire keeps crashing on my laptop? as soon as i start the game up and select play it freezes and crashes.

I'm running windows 7, is there any patches i need to download?

This worked for me:

Steam Forums said:
Just create a blank file in notepad, save it as SystemInformation.xml, and put it in steamapps\common\jade empire\data.

Three days ago I wasn't into PC gaming and I didn't have any PC games.

Now I own Braid, Lumines, Audiosurf, Left for Dead, May Payne 1 & 2 and CounterStrike Source. God I love and I hate Steam. It's the same addiction I had with Apple's AppStore :lol.

Oh and I'm really going to try not to get anything anymore.
It will be hard,

I really need TF2 and Vice City... Has there been a daily sale on those?

Gahhh, now I'm doing it again!

legend166 said:
I don't think you can gift extra copies of Vice City.

There was a combo some time back where they allowed it but I'm not aware of them doing anything similar since. It's been sitting there in my 'gifts' list ever since.

Proc

Buy max payne 2 peoples, I bought it last year when it was on the weekend deal and finished it in a couple sittings that weekend. Great fucking game.

Drewsky

Proc said:
Buy max payne 2 peoples, I bought it last year when it was on the weekend deal and finished it in a couple sittings that weekend. Great fucking game.

Agreed, I played it back when it first came out, then reinstalled it when I got my new PC. Awesome game, totally worth $2.49.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The opening act of max payne 2 alone was worth the price of the complete pack. I guess it only gets better from what I've heard.

Wallach

If you've never played the Max Payne games, you'd be a damn idiot to pass up this deal. Still two of the best action games on the market, if you ask me. We can only hope Max Payne 3 has even some of the style and atmosphere these two games have.

Firestorm

Gully State said:
I really hope Crysis Max Edition goes on sale tomorrow. I've got a 5850 coming...
Well at the rate it's going, I think every EA game will have been on sale at least once throughout the sale...

Wallach said:
If you've never played the Max Payne games, you'd be a damn idiot to pass up this deal. Still two of the best action games on the market, if you ask me. We can only hope Max Payne 3 has even some of the style and atmosphere these two games have.

Yeah, good luck with that.........

skrew

Banned
FoxhoundNL said:
Three days ago I wasn't into PC gaming and I didn't have any PC games.

Now I own Braid, Lumines, Audiosurf, Left for Dead, May Payne 1 & 2 and CounterStrike Source. God I love and I hate Steam. It's the same addiction I had with Apple's AppStore :lol.

Oh and I'm really going to try not to get anything anymore.
It will be hard,

I really need TF2 and Vice City... Has there been a daily sale on those?

Gahhh, now I'm doing it again!
You already missed out on TF2, orange box was on sale.

Goddam Civ4, didn't even realize I spent the last 4 hrs playing

Firestorm

How do the expansions in Civ4 work? I haven't downloaded it yet (got it for $20 at the last sale x.x), but do I install everything and Civ4 gets all the content which I can launch from within? Or are they like stand-alone games but Civ4 must always be installed as well?

fallout

Firestorm said:
How do the expansions in Civ4 work? I haven't downloaded it yet (got it for $20 at the last sale x.x), but do I install everything and Civ4 gets all the content which I can launch from within? Or are they like stand-alone games but Civ4 must always be installed as well?
BTS contains all of the enhancements that Warlords has (the only thing BTS is missing are some of the scenarios from Warlords). You'll have to have Civ4 Vanilla installed for either of those to run. Civ4Col doesn't require Civ4 at all. It's a completely separate game that just happens to built off of Civ4.

Basically, just install Civ4 + BTS, then run BTS. :)

Seagoon

Can someone gift me the Max Payne bundle? my steam name is goonbridge. I'll send you a game around the same value for your troubles.

Xavien

Seagoon said:
Can someone gift me the Max Payne bundle? my steam name is goonbridge. I'll send you a game around the same value for your troubles.

accept as friend and I'll gift from the UK.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Still fighting not to buy Civilization 4 Complete...only 13.60. Yet they have a complete retail copy which I know I'll be able to get for 5 or below eventually...when I have actual time to play the damn game :lol

Funny enough, I think I already got everything I wanted :lol

LovingSteam said:
No, you are good. Here are the only reasons you wouldn't get your account back:

1) Commit credit card fraud
2) Stole/hacked somebody else s account
3) Requested a charge back on a purchase- NEVER EVER DO THIS with Valve. If a pricing error exists ONLY ONLY go through them. I cannot stress that enough.

Those are the only three reasons your account would be permanently disabled. Also, just an FYI if you haven't already, when you get your account back make sure to verify your email. You can do this from within your Steam account, choosing settings, and you will see an option to verify. This forces you to confirm any password change via your email. If someone hacks your account they cannot change your password without having access to your email address.

Thanks a million for the re-assurances. My main idea was that some guy sitting behind a desk would lolz at me and decide I didn't have enough proof. Phew. Any idea how long I'm going to have to wait? I can't participate in the sale now =(

ktulu

Neo Member
shintoki said:
Still fighting not to buy Civilization 4 Complete...only 13.60. Yet they have a complete retail copy which I know I'll be able to get for 5 or below eventually...when I have actual time to play the damn game :lol

Funny enough, I think I already got everything I wanted :lol

i'd actually advise getting it if you have any interest at all in civ4, if just for the inclusion of the very awesome colonization.

Javaman

Snapshot King said:
Thanks a million for the re-assurances. My main idea was that some guy sitting behind a desk would lolz at me and decide I didn't have enough proof. Phew. Any idea how long I'm going to have to wait? I can't participate in the sale now =(

Speculawyer had the good idea of creating an additional account to buy the games as gifts then send them to your main account once unlocked.

Top Bottom