• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Dambrosi

Banned
Dacvak said:
Much-appreciated responses. Way different than the "WTF BUY IT NOW" response I was expecting.

It's been years since I've been able to get into games like that, like Sim City, Rollercoaster Tycoon, etc, and I think that part of my gamer being died a while ago. (Right around the time I discovered Melee.) But I feel like, as a PC gamer, I really would be disgracing myself to have never tried it, and for 7 bucks, I don't think I can go wrong. (I mean, I spent more than that on fucking ice cream today, and I pretty much hate ice cream.)

I guess I'll give it a whirl.
You...how can you hate ice-cream?!? You soulless demon! *cries and runs away*

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Here I've been buying stuff off of Steam most days of the sale and now all of a sudden my credit card is declined. :S

IceMarker

blackMamba1187 said:
Can anyone recommend any good mods for Doom 3? There's like 30 different flashlight mods.
Classic Doom 3 is great! CD3 is basically Doom 1 Ep. 1 remade into the id Tech 4 engine. The mod was complete a long time ago. It even has an opening cinematic, custom weapon models, and more!
Been playing that the most after I beat Doom 3. Then again I haven't been playing Doom 3 at all lately. Either way, Google it, I have no idea where it's located on the net.

confused

Banned
@ Blehh, yes you may. I sent you a friend request over Steam. Add me and it's yours.

Also looking for some friends to play TF2 and L4D. Prefferably Eurogamers. Steam ID is Zaangamer

MNC

So, huh? They changed the sales? I remember there being 3 Civ4 things and no COD thing.

Does this mean I got the deal guessing right with L4D1 and COD something? :D:D:D Naw, I kid. :(

Lumine

I bought the Civ4 Complete pack (together max payne 1&2 and braid). So uhh, where do I start? :lol
Do I need to install all 4 right away or should I just start with the first one?

52club

Yearly Purchases total $252

Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

Zombie Driver

Lumines Base + Advance Pack

King's Bounty: Armored Princess

Outrun2006 Coast 2 Coast

Torchlight

The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

Evil Genius

Trine

Dead Space

Star Wars: KOTOR

Madballs in... Babo:Invasion

Osmos

Overlord Complete Pack (Overlord 1 & 2)

Mass Effect

Left 4 Dead 2 (preorder)

Borderlands

Assassin's Creed

Droplitz

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (NA)

Empire: Total War Special Forces Edition

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Plants vs. Zombies (preorder)

Mount and Blade

X-Com Complete Pack

Sloegr

Lumine said:
I bought the Civ4 Complete pack (together max payne 1&2 and braid). So uhh, where do I start? :lol
Do I need to install all 4 right away or should I just start with the first one?

Civ 4 is the main game, and Warlords and Beyond the Sword are expansions. I installed Civ 4 and Beyond the Sword only, since I plan to mainly play custom games, and apparently BtS includes the Warlords content as far as that goes. If you want to play any of the Warlords scenarios, you'd need to install it as well.

Colonization is a completely separate game. You can install that whenever you choose to play it.

Well even if there's not the chance of winning something I might as well make a guess:

1) Mass Effect
2) Altitude
3) GTA: Classics
4) Crayon Physics: Deluxe
5) MOH: Airborne.
6) Counter Strike: Source

Take off the sixth one if we're only allowed 5.

noisome07

Banned
brain_stew said:
Well even if there's not the chance of winning something I might as well make a guess:

1) Mass Effect
2) Altitude
3) GTA: Classics
4) Crayon Physics: Deluxe
5) MOH: Airborne.

Should probably wait a little bit. Rumor is he's letting us have 6 guesses :)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
rhfb said:
I still want to see Unreal Tournament 3 Black and Fallout 3 Goty.

I want the Fallout 3 GOTY even though I already have the original game on DVD and the first two DLC (Operation Anchorage and The Pit) just so I can have a digital copy and all of the remaining DLC I haven't played yet. $40~ is a bit too much, but I would bite at $25 or less.

I don't think Unreal Tournament 3 will have a sale though considering the Unreal collection is going for like $13 already.

Firebrand

Tokubetsu said:
Really hoping Quake Wars is one of today's daily deals.

I could bite on this. Did enjoy the QW beta (sewer map) a lot, just was unfortunate it came out at around the same time as TF2, CoD4 and UT3 (though the latter turned out to suck).

Sloegr

My guesses for the sale:

Sid Meier's Pirates
Spore
Vampire: The Masquerade
Machinarium
Garry's Mod

If we do get a sixth choice, I'll put Dawn of War 2. If we're limited to five, disregard this pick :D

Brashnir

5il3nc3r said:
Thanks. Too bad steam won't let me choose where i want to install my games as my other partitions still has tons of space.

as a workaround, you can copy data to another drive/partition and create a symbolic link to direct the system to the new location.

Brashnir

1. Risen
2. AaaaAAAAAaaaaa - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
3. X-Com Complete pack
4. Command and Conquer 3
5. Elder Scrolls pack (Morrowind + Oblivion)
6. Borderlands

What is it with with this early guessing....

jerryhorrified1.gif

Can't believe this thing has gone 3 days without the winner when I would have won within one of the first ten replies on the first day if I hadn't been indecisive and edited one of my picks before the deadline. :lol

zoku88

Seriously, though, I mustve missed it. What's with the guessing and whats there to win?

I'm guessing that the guesses are guessing possible daily deals for the next day?

Okay then, let's go again, with a few changes to up the odds of someone winning a bit

If anyone can guess two of today's deals (just the game names, not the price), then I will gift you a game(s) of your choice (totalling around $20) on Steam. Furthermore, the prize is ONLY game(s) via Steam, not $20 via PayPal or something like that.

Just pick >>SIX<< games, like this:

...and if two are right you win!

If a few people guess right, then the first person to get two right wins. No multiple winners, or I will be poor.

Guesses stop around 3 hours from now, ending 10 mins before the deal goes up (so, X:50 your local time).

Score for Civ4 Complete!

Outside the last few daily deals, I plan to make an order that is just the general good deals, like the Shooter Pack, on Jan 2 just to be on the safe side. Still hoping for a big Drakensang sale.

domlolz

Banned
The way to win is create a php script that outputs an image that looks exactly like the neogaf post text that gets the game deals from either a text file of your choosing or the steam deals page, that way you'll be able to update it without anyone being wise to your ways. You win. Game over

zoku88

Sure, why not.

1. Empire: Total War (i have a feeling this went up already)
2. COD: MW2 (this has got to go up sometime)
3. Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
4. Sam and Max: Complete
5. Crysis: Maximum Edition
6. Square Enix Pack

Top Bottom