• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Salaadin

Im praying for Crysis Maximum Edition and Vampire: The Masquerade. Theyre the only 2 things that I really, really want right now.

thy_

1. C&C 3 Tiberium Wars
2. Shattered Horizon
3. Assasins Creed
4. Kane & Lynch: Dead Man
5. Fuel
6. Crysis

Sticking with my guesses from yesterday.

Keyser Soze said:
Okay then, let's go again, with a few changes to up the odds of someone winning a bit

If anyone can guess two of today's deals (just the game names, not the price), then I will gift you a game(s) of your choice (totalling around $20) on Steam. Furthermore, the prize is ONLY game(s) via Steam, not $20 via PayPal or something like that.

Just pick >>SIX<< games, like this:

...and if two are right you win!

If a few people guess right, then the first person to get two right wins. No multiple winners, or I will be poor.

Guesses stop around 3 hours from now, ending 10 mins before the deal goes up (so, X:50 your local time).

Gonna stick with the same guesses, methinks, plus one of course.

1. Mass Effect
2. Dawn of War 2
3. THQ Collection
4. Gratuitous Space Battles
5. Street Fighter IV
6. Altitude

Salaadin said:
Im praying for Crysis Maximum Edition and Vampire: The Masquerade. Theyre the only 2 things that I really, really want right now.

I just looked at this and I don't understand how a game from 2004 can still cost 20 dollars? You would think that by now the price would have ...

Publisher: Activision

Oh I see. Nevermind, that answers everything.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Alright, 2 questions:

1: Do folks still play Left 4 Dead? Is this something I should jump on? Or...
2: ...Should I go after Left 4 Dead 2? And if that's the case...
3: Does anyone have still have part of their 4pack that I could purchase off of them? :D

Thanks!

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
speculawyer said:
Definitely No for the first one . . . it came out before the xbox 360 existed. I really doubt the 2nd one.

You could probably get one of the third party tools like xpadder to get the controller to work with it, but you'd probably be much better off with mouse keyboard.

Great, thanks! I like playing games like this more with a controller, and I'm always trying to do anything I can to limit my keyboard/mouse usage to hopefully reduce my chances of getting carpal tunnel.

I went ahead and bought the bundle anyway. It's less than $2 a game, that's hard to resist for full length, quality games.

Double dipped on Civ 4 too, I only had the main game, and I had it on disk, so I figured having it, with all of the expansions always on my computer was worth $13. Jeesh, that's such a good deal. The Civ games are definitely in my top 3 of all time too. I still play Civ 2 every couple years! :lol

Now, Bring on the Witcher for $7.50, Plants V. Zombies for $2.99, and Dragon Age $19.99. :D I can dream.

Salaadin

I <3 Memes said:
I just looked at this and I don't understand how a game from 2004 can still cost 20 dollars? You would think that by now the price would have ...

bobby_kotick_activision.jpg

But yeah, I agree. It makes me sad as Ive heard so many good things about it. I think it was on sale not too long ago but I missed that one :(

I <3 Memes said:

It was $5 on sale at one point. That was the price I got it at.

*Edit: beaten ^

Jirotrom

gregor7777 said:
Mass Effect
Cryostasis
Painkiller Black
Counterstrke: source
Half Life: Complete
Peggle Deluxe

Nah, it's simple enough. First one with two exact guesses wins.
not much of a chance for the guys who get on later... seeingg as how most are picking the same ones lol

nny

ok, let's do this:

1. and yet it moves
2. NBA 2K10
3. Timeshift
4. Eufloria
5. Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
6. Tales of Monkey Island

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
drizzle said:
A paypal account works the moment you set it up. It takes a while to verify/confirm your address, which allows you to make bigger purchases (i think the limit without verifying your acount is like 200 usd, so I recommend you to do it) and also makes people believe in you when you're dealing with ebay (since you have a verified/confirmed account, you're not using some stolen CC). Verified and Confirmed are two different things. You can verify any paypal account (they charge 1,50 from your credit card and, when you get the bill, there's a code for you to input on the page. They'll give your 1,50 back in credits and you get a verified account). Confirmed account they have to manually confirm your address or something, and that's only available in the US.

Paypal can take funds either from a bank transfer if you're in America (that takes a while) or it can withdraw the amount you need from the credit card assigned to the account. All the taxes and etc are transparent to you, as they're charged from whoever you're paying to.

So, let's say, you bought Max Payne 1 from steam for 2,50 and paid through paypal. Your paypal has no funds, but it has your Credit Card on record. 2,50 will be withdrawn from your credit card, and less than 2,50 will be given to Steam (as they're the ones paying the credit card and paypal taxes).

That's why some people will ask you for "funds not from credit cards" in the buy/trade/sell thread. But in these cases, YOU can chose to pay the CC usage percentage. It's just easier to ask for "bank funds plz" than to explain the way paypal works. Also, please understand that, usually, these people are the same stupid people that tell you they will mail the goods using Priority Mail through USPS, but won't ship internationally (even tho it's the exact same method of shipping).

It worked!Just bought the Eidos pack, my backlog cries!

and Braid...

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Jirotrom said:
not much of a chance for the guys who get on later... seeingg as how most are picking the same ones lol

It occurs to me that it might be better to go for accuracy rather than speed. Whoever guesses the most titles correctly rather than only two the earliest.

That might be putting a rather hairy fly in the ointment at this point though. And would certainly make going over the entries more time consuming.

I'm going to say:

1: Mass Effect
2: Gary's Mod
3: Eidos Collector's Bundle
4: THQ Collector's Bundle
5: Borderlands
6: Machinarium

It'll be either/or for the bundles. Something from Valve's catalog, and Gary's Mod makes sense, unless they do one of their own bundles, in which case they probably won't do the Eidos or THQ bundles. Then they like something fairly high profile from a bigger publisher, and Mass Effect and Borderlands could fit that, but then it could be something else, like a sports or racing title I wouldn't think of. And then they like to do a really cheap indie title, and I don't think Machinarium has been a daily yet, but it's at the right price point. But it could easily be a lot of other things as well. Hmmmmm.

Well, good luck to all of you. Especially the guy running this. :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Keyser Soze said:
Okay then, let's go again, with a few changes to up the odds of someone winning a bit

1. Dawn Of War 2
2. Square Enix Pack
3. Dragon Age
4. GRID
5. Devil May Cry 4
6: Tomb Raider: Underworld

Same as yesterday (As I got 0 right) + TR:U so here goes nothing.

Jirotrom said:

Well, only one solution to that. Get on GAF early, at the expense of your job, family or whatever less important obligations you may have. This is about internet glory, and the webs waits for no man.

EDIT: given that NO ONE has won yet in four days, I think it's fine the way it is. Oh, and it's not really our call anyway, unless someone is willing to step up and give out secondary prizes. ;)

Spwn

1. Defcon
2. Hitman pack
3. Psychonauts
4. Champions Online
5. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Still only wishing for Defcon.

Ezahn

1. Batman AA
2. Trine
3. Borderlands
4. Plants vs. Zombies
5. World in Conflict

...btw I care only about Borderlands atm ^^

Jirotrom

gregor7777 said:
Well, only one solution to that. Get on GAF early, at the expense of your job, family or whatever less important obligations you may have. This is about internet glory, and the webs waits for no man.

EDIT: given that NO ONE has won yet in four days, I think it's fine the way it is. Oh, and it's not really our call anyway, unless someone is willing to step up and give out secondary prizes. ;)
:lol :lol :lol

Philthy said:
1. Crap
2. Crap
3. Should I buy this game for 2.50 guys. Help.
4. Crap
5. You bastards took my money again!

If someone hasn't done this in this thread already, then you, sir, are a genius. :lol

Might as well give it a shot.

1.Mass effect
2.Eufloria
3.The void
4.The witcher
5.Trackmania
6.Borderlands

Already got my Max payne and Civ4 :)

Edit:
I won't be awake until at least 4PM EST in case I miraculously win.:lol

drakesfortune said:
Double dipped on Civ 4 too, I only had the main game, and I had it on disk, so I figured having it, with all of the expansions always on my computer was worth $13.

Yup, same. I'm looking at it like $13 for BTS (and possibly Col, if I ever play it). Still a great deal, even with Vanilla out of the equation...

Althane

1. Mass Effect (it's going to happen some day)
2. Tropico 3
3. Overlord 2
4. Darwinia
5. Batman: AA
6. L4D2 (Was it a DD already?)

Just my guesses.... kinda hoping it'll turn out correct. XD

(I want Batman:AA at daily deal prices!)

biocat

:)

1. NBA 2k10
2. Borderlands
3. Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
4. Dawn of War II
5. Manhunt
6. Call of Juarez

^ My guesses. ::Crosses fingers::

Smash88

Banned
1. Bionic Commando (one of them or the bundle)
2. Mass Effect
3. Fallout GOTY
4. Dawn of War 2
5. World in Conflict Complete
6. Borderlands

I have a feeling Crysis is going to be up there today, and I'm going to regret not choosing it, because something else will be up as a daily deal that is on my list, and if I take that down and put Crysis up, I would still only get 1, because I don't know what it is...It is a never ending loop of making me go crazy! :lol

Top Bottom