• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Fallout 3 GOTY
Spore
Street Fighter IV
Garry's Mod
Arkham Asylum

...yeah, I got nuttin.

kennah

1. Mass Effect
2. The Witcher
3. Dawn of War II
4. Crayon Physics Deluxe
5. Long Haul Truck Drivers
6. Company of Heroes

All random guesses. Come on!

Reno7728 said:
If ME or crysis appear then we could have quite a lot of winners :lol

I've had this in my posts from Day One:

If a few people guess right, then the first person to get two right wins. No multiple winners, or I will be poor.

I would love to have a compo were I could give all right answers the prize, but I'd really be poor if something like you suggested happened :/

Keyser Soze said:
Okay then, let's go again, with a few changes to up the odds of someone winning a bit

If anyone can guess two of today's deals (just the game names, not the price), then I will gift you a game(s) of your choice (totalling around $20) on Steam. Furthermore, the prize is ONLY game(s) via Steam, not $20 via PayPal or something like that.

Just pick >>SIX<< games, like this:

...and if two are right you win!

If a few people guess right, then the first person to get two right wins. No multiple winners, or I will be poor.

Guesses stop around 3 hours from now, ending 10 mins before the deal goes up (so, X:50 your local time).

1. Mass Effect
2. Cryostasis
3. Trine
4. Plants vs. Zombies
5. Assassins Creed
6. Borderlands

Keyser Soze said:
I would love to have a compo were I could give all right answers the prize, but I'd really be poor if something like you suggested happened :/

Not trying to tell you how to run a your contest. And I do appreciate your generosity, but wouldn't it be more fair to give it to whoever guesses the most right. If there is a tie then go to the earliest poster. Some people are probably at work or could have been away from the pc, and just giving it to the first seems kind of more arbitrary.

And I say this as someone who posted early and made his list with the goal of just getting 2 right. Obviously if I was trying to guess all 5 or 6 deals my list sucks for that.

Sloegr

Keyser Soze said:
I would love to have a compo were I could give all right answers the prize, but I'd really be poor if something like you suggest happened :/

I'd hope nobody would want to rake you over the coals when you're doing this out of generosity. Unless you're Gabe Newell in disguise...

Oh, I guessed before you posted. I'll repost them here since it wouldn't really be fair to the others like that.

Sid Meier's Pirates
Spore
Vampire: The Masquerade
Machinarium
Garry's Mod
Dawn of War 2

Reno7728

Keyser Soze said:
I've had this in my posts from Day One:

So if ME or crysis appear then Biased gamer will win i presume?

Also what is the rule on packages i.e if crysis max edition appears then anyone who just put crysis would be wrong right?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have paypal and Steam wont accept my card, any suggestions?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
brain_stew said:

Doesn't it take a while (days) before it works? Don't you have to get money from your bank account or can i transfer money straight from my card to the paypal account?

Reno7728 said:
So if ME or crysis appear then Biased gamer will win i presume?

Also what is the rule on packages i.e if crysis max edition appears then anyone who just put crysis would be wrong right?

1. Yes. The first person chronologically (in order of post times on GAF) to get two right wins.

2. Each item on Steam is a separate guess. Crysis is different to Crysis Warhead, and that in turn is different to the Crysis Complete Pack.

3. I feel like I will have to write out Terms and Conditions now :/

Have a good feeling about today!

1. Medal of Honor Airborne
2. Gratuitous Space Battles
3. Oblivion GOTY
4. Dawn of War 2
5. Red Alert 3
6. AAAaaAaaaaaaaaAaaah

kswiston

Guesses today are the same as yesterday minus Civ4 Complete (since that was correct):

Zeno Clash
Euphoria
Wolfenstein (2009)
Mass Effect
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Garry's Mod

EDITED for 6 guesses

Reno7728

Keyser Soze said:
1. Yes. The first person chronologically (in order of post times on GAF) to get two right wins. -

2. Each item on Steam is a separate guess. Crysis is different to Crysis Warhead, and that in turn is different to the Crysis Complete Pack.

1. okay i will make sure tomorrow i am ready to get that first post in :lol

2. good, that should make it a bit more interesting

3. nah, jsut make up the rules as you go along! :D

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Based on the multiple deals per game series from yesterday:
1. Crysis Maximum Edition
2. Crysis
3. Crysis Warhead
4. Hammerfight
5. And yet it moves
6. Dirt

Mass Effect
Cryostasis
Painkiller Black
Counterstrke: source
Half Life: Complete
Peggle Deluxe

Nah, it's simple enough. First one with two exact guesses wins.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
NinjaFridge said:
Doesn't it take a while (days) before it works? Don't you have to get money from your bank account or can i transfer money straight from my card to the paypal account?
A paypal account works the moment you set it up. It takes a while to verify/confirm your address, which allows you to make bigger purchases (i think the limit without verifying your acount is like 200 usd, so I recommend you to do it) and also makes people believe in you when you're dealing with ebay (since you have a verified/confirmed account, you're not using some stolen CC). Verified and Confirmed are two different things. You can verify any paypal account (they charge 1,50 from your credit card and, when you get the bill, there's a code for you to input on the page. They'll give your 1,50 back in credits and you get a verified account). Confirmed account they have to manually confirm your address or something, and that's only available in the US.

Paypal can take funds either from a bank transfer if you're in America (that takes a while) or it can withdraw the amount you need from the credit card assigned to the account. All the taxes and etc are transparent to you, as they're charged from whoever you're paying to.

So, let's say, you bought Max Payne 1 from steam for 2,50 and paid through paypal. Your paypal has no funds, but it has your Credit Card on record. 2,50 will be withdrawn from your credit card, and less than 2,50 will be given to Steam (as they're the ones paying the credit card and paypal taxes).

That's why some people will ask you for "funds not from credit cards" in the buy/trade/sell thread. But in these cases, YOU can chose to pay the CC usage percentage. It's just easier to ask for "bank funds plz" than to explain the way paypal works. Also, please understand that, usually, these people are the same stupid people that tell you they will mail the goods using Priority Mail through USPS, but won't ship internationally (even tho it's the exact same method of shipping).

Top Bottom