• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Sanjay

My guess, or more really what I want to be up for today.

1.The Witcher
2.Empire: Total War
3.World in Conflict: Complete Edition
4.Men of War: Gold Edition
5.Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition
6.Mass Effect

alisdair

More of a wishlist than predictions:

1. Borderlands
2. Darwinia/Multiwinia
3. Altitude
4. Tropico 3
5. Wolfenstein
6. Spore

Also, I'm looking for some kind soul to help me buy Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 (not available in the UK). Here's my Steam community page. Will PayPal you the money or swap for another game of the same value or a bit more :)

sk3tch

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times before...but is the CivIV Complete price of $13.60 good for another 30 minutes or is that the price it will be until the end of the overall sale on Jan 3? THANKS!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
1. Borderlands
2. The Witcher
3. Total War Mega Pack
4. The Last Remnant
5. Trine
6. Dawn of Discovery

biocat

sk3tch said:
I am sure this has been asked a thousand times before...but is the CivIV Complete price of $13.60 good for another 30 minutes or is that the price it will be until the end of the overall sale on Jan 3? THANKS!

That's today's price. Jump on it!

hulot

sk3tch said:
Just buy it. Civ4 standalone is already a daily deal, doubt the pack is going up later on.

b.e.r.g

Philthy said:
1. Crap
2. Crap
3. Should I buy this game for 2.50 guys. Help.
4. Crap
5. You bastards took my money again!
The only true answer :p Oh well, got GTA4 for €7, I'm not complaining.

Crossing my fingers for Risen before this is over though!

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
mr jones said:
Alright, 2 questions:

1: Do folks still play Left 4 Dead? Is this something I should jump on? Or...
2: ...Should I go after Left 4 Dead 2? And if that's the case...
3: Does anyone have still have part of their 4pack that I could purchase off of them? :D

Thanks!

Still tons of people playing L4D original. I picked it up even though I have the sequel simply because if you like the game, 7 dollars is nothing compared to the hours of game time you'll enjoy. The only difference between L4D and L4D2 is the setting and cast. L4D2 has some extra monsters, but I would definitely suggest jumping on the original at that price.

Feep said:
Hey, GAF.

I've never played Max Payne or Max Payne 2.

You're probably gonna tell me I should buy them, huh.
If it hasn't aged too badly. Max Payne is a fine emotional train wreck that you probably should experience.

biocat

GMUNYIFan said:
Still tons of people playing L4D original. I picked it up even though I have the sequel simply because if you like the game, 7 dollars is nothing compared to the hours of game time you'll enjoy. The only difference between L4D and L4D2 is the setting and cast. L4D2 has some extra monsters, but I would definitely suggest jumping on the original at that price.

I, personally, enjoy the simplicity of L4D. I believe quite a few people prefer it to the sequel, even now.

Feep said:
Hey, GAF.

For the price, you really have nothing to lose here. They were great in their respective days, not sure how well they're going to hold up, but I just picked them up assuming I'd want to play through them before Max Payne 3 came out. Just buy them, and hurry!

Rawkus

Getting these in just under the wire:

1. Velvet Assassin
2. Street Fighter IV
3. Borderlands
4. The Void
5. Blood Bowl
6. Mass Effect

Vallarfax

Formerly 'GMUNYIFan'
biocat said:
I, personally, enjoy the simplicity of L4D. I believe quite a few people prefer it to the sequel, even now.

The one thing that annoys me most about L4D2 especially at the higher difficulties are the new monsters. I've been totally RNG fucked and had a jockey grab me into a spitter's acid, right after a charger released me. When things stack up like that the game can get REALLY frustrating.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Feep said:
Hey, GAF.

Yes I am, right now, GO.

Quibbling over less than £2.50 (yes, they are even cheaper as a pack), lunacy.

sk3tch

Please have The Witcher and *especially* Wolfenstein as special sales today, Steam! I have Wolfenstein on 360 (picked it up for $20) and the single player is SO GOOD that I would double-dip to check it out on my PC...but not for the ~$40 they currently want (sale price). Too much!

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
sk3tch said:
Please have The Witcher and *especially* Wolfenstein as special sales today, Steam! I have Wolfenstein on 360 (picked it up for $20) and the single player is SO GOOD that I would double-dip to check it out on my PC...but not for the ~$40 they currently want (sale price). Too much!

Witcher was already on sale. I would pick up Wolfy though haven't played that one yet.

sk3tch

Volcynika said:
Witcher hasn't been a daily deal yet.

Right...~$13 is a great price but I may as well wait until Jan. 3 to make sure I don't lose out on a $7.50 or something deal...heh. It worked for Torchlight! $5 baby.

nyong

Banned
Won said:
You guys need to stop saying Mass Effect. It will never appear that way. :(

Mass Effect is inevitable. D2D has already done a $5 sale and the sequel is due out soon. It's a win-win for both customer and publisher.

Volcynika

Medieval II: Total War™
Take command of your army and expand your reign in Medieval II - the fourth installment of the award-winning Total War series of strategy games.... more
$19.99 $4.99
Add to Cart

Crysis® Maximum Edition
Crysis Maximum Edition contains both Crysis and the pulse-racing new installment Crysis Warhead.... more
$39.99
Add to Cart

Multiwinia + Darwinia
Multiwinia + Darwinia combines fast-paced action with strategic battle planning.... more
$14.99 $7.49
Add to Cart

Shattered Horizon
Shattered Horizon is the highly anticipated first game from Futuremark Games Studio that immerses you in the cold reality of combat in space like no other game before. This multiplayer first-person shooter is played entirely in zero gravity.... more
$19.99 $14.99
Add to Cart

Half-Life: Source
Winner of over 50 Game of the Year awards, Half-Life set new standards for action games when it was released in 1998.... more
$9.99 $7.49
Add to Cart

Street Fighter® IV
Street Fighter® IV brings the legendary fighting series back to its roots by taking the beloved fighting moves and techniques of the original Street Fighter® II, and infusing them with Capcom's latest advancements in next generation technology to create a truly extraordin... more $29.99

:lol No Crysis price cut

Althane

Huh. HLSource. Did NOT expect that.

What a shit deal.

The Crysis Maximum Edition at full price?

At least I got one with Darwinia...

Still...

Well, everybody get Multiwinia & Darwinia...

Fxp

Multiwinia + Darwinia
7,49€

Street Fighter® IV
28,49€

Medieval II: Total War™
2,49€

Shattered Horizon
14,99€

Half-Life: Source
5,99€

mrgone

Is it that they havn't applied the deals yet? Or is Crysis just a steal at full price?

And Shattered Horizon's been $15 since the deals started :/

Top Bottom