• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Boonoo

Wait a second. Looking at the update they're all screwed up.

SH: 75 off
SF: 75 off
Medieval II: 75
Crysis: 66
Darwinia etc: 80
HL:s: 75

I don't know which to believe!

fatty

I know this isn't a Steam deal but just wanted to remind everyone that the Immortal Defense promotion is about up so get it while there is a bit of time left. I paid $3 for it back for a different promotion and it was definitely worth it. It's an Indy Tower Defense game and I can say I've enjoyed it more than World of Goo, Osmos, Cogs and Droplitz (other similarly priced Indy games). And it's right up there with Defense Grid as a TD game.

Immortal Defense Pay What You Want Sale

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Delerat said:
I love how quick everyone jumps about the prices when we've had problems several times during the first few minutes of the sale change. Just wait and we'll see what price they'll really end up at.
People are going to start raging soon and organize boycotts!

Tomasooie

Wow, and people shit all over Microsoft's deals.

The last few deal groups have mostly sucked!

I've been waiting for Half-Life to go down, but it hasn't gone down one bit! It was already down to $7.50 before this set of deals!

Fireye

Hmm, I picked up Crysis ME yesterday to play the Mechwarrior mod. Wonder if I could get a partial refund or lower price, assuming the price cut on ME is hueg.

WTF . . . the little splash screen ad said most of thos games were 75% off but they are only showing up as 25% off?

I guess they'll fix it soon.

Edit: Beat like whore in a GTA game being played by a 15 year old kid.

mrWalrus

Banned
wrongprice.jpg

:lol

kswiston

Yeah, I don't think any of those are the sales prices. That SFIV deal better drop substantially. The game has been on sale for $20 on D2D for a week.

nyong

Banned
Holy crap. That would put Crysis at $13 assuming it's reducing the original package price. And SF4 dirt cheap. I might be buying games after all.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
so Medieval II is just a sale spotlight? (It's been 4.99 since the sale started) Might get it because a friend keeps talking up a LOTR mod for it.

Sanjay

For UK
Crysis £19.99
Crysis Warhead £19.99

Crysis Complete Pack £29.99

Still shitty but at least we got some sort of discount..

Might buy a couple if they revise the prices, otherwise super-meh.

And WTF at people saying recent deals have sucked? Yesterday's deals were some of the best IMO.

Sysgen

nyong said:
Holy crap. That would put Crysis at $13 assuming it's reducing the original package price. And SF4 dirt cheap. I might be buying games after all.

Want but with these mistakes there might be some lost sales. Ashame when these hefty discounts depend on volume.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jirotrom said:
SH: 75 off
SF: 75 off
Medieval II: 75
Crysis: 66
Darwinia etc: 80
HL:s: 75
Much better pricing, when it updates I think Shattered Horizon and the Darwinia pack are going to be mine.

Truespeed

speculawyer said:
WTF . . . the little splash screen ad said most of thos games were 75% off but they are only showing up as 25% off?

I guess they'll fix it soon.

Edit: Beat like whore in a GTA game being played by a 15 year old kid.

Would a kayne west image help?

NG28

Crap i was happy because I wasn't going to buy anything today, but if/when these prices do change, I'm done for.

Zzoram

Buy Crysis® Maximum Edition $13.59 USD

No sale on individual components of pack, very annoying for those who already have 1 game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I went ahead and looked at SF4's game page - $9.99. Bought. Again. :)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
NG28 said:
Crap i was happy because I wasn't going to buy anything today, but if/when these prices do change, I'm done for.
They have, you're done for.

The only reason I am not buying the Crysis pack is because I own the 2 games already!

Shattered Horizon bought, 4 clicks again, I HATE STEAM.

Top Bottom