• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Truespeed

For the first time, I'm actually close to buying 4 games in one Steam sale:

Crysis
Darwinia + Multiwinia
StreetFighter IV
Shattered Horizon

3rdman

I've played through Crysis and parts of Warhead so I just can't justify its purchase right now especially with the SICK backlog steam has given me...I jumped on HL: Source though. I haven't played that since I played it on my Dreamcast. :)

kswiston

I am getting the Darwinia games, SFIV, and Half Life Source. Might get the Crysis pack for Warhead, depending on impressions. I already have Medieval II.

Volcynika

Truespeed said:
For the first time, I'm actually close to buying 4 games in one Steam sale:

Crysis
Darwinia + Multiwinia
StreetFighter IV
Shattered Horizon

I bought all four of these. Own SF IV on PS3, but hey. Ten dollars!

datamage

Got the Crysis Pack.

Hmm, I just realized that I have never gotten an email receipt for any of my purchases.. my email account is verified, what gives?

Edit: n/m.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I wish i had an image of that scene from the first harry potter film.
"WE'LL TAKE THE LOT!"

Reno7728 said:
Just use the search to find crysis, it is there

Huh, weird, when I searched a few minutes ago it wasn't showing up at all, now they all are.

Now to debate wether to buy Crysis or SFIV....or both.

Fuck you Steam, fuck you.

Hooray for updated prices. Have never played Crysis and just got a new PC, so that price works out nicely for me. Also going to pick up my 3rd copy of SFIV, can't fuck with $9.99. Will probably also end up getting Medieval: Total War II and Shattered Horizon. :lol

JudgeN said:
Stupid question can you change the path in which steam install games? My hard drive is getting full :lol
Dude . . . the cloud.

Just uninstall them . . . you can always re-download later.

And this brings a question . . . does Steam keep your saved game data when they do an uninstall?

If it doesn't, I'd guess you can do it manually.

Boonoo

datamage said:
Got the Crysis Pack.

Hmm, I just realized that I have never gotten an email receipt for any of my purchases.. my email account is verified, what gives?

Just noticed the same thing. I got an email yesterday, but not today. Maybe their email is bogged down right now.

mrgone

The Darwinia pack is awesome - anyone on the fence about it should do a little digging, but for $2.99 it's really a no-brainer. I'm kind of tempted to pick it up as a backup for my Darwinia disc.

Darwinia+ is coming out on XBLA early next year as well, but I'm not sure exactly what the differences are between it and the PC version.

Bah, I already have Crysis... wish they'd lower the price of the individual games.

Hopefully a lot of people pick up the Darwinia pack -- it's a fun game, and Introversion could use the support.

Zzoram

mrgone said:
The Darwinia pack is awesome - anyone on the fence about it should do a little digging, but for $2.99 it's really a no-brainer. I'm kind of tempted to pick it up as a backup for my Darwinia disc.

Darwinia+ is coming out on XBLA early next year as well, but I'm not sure exactly what the differences are between it and the PC version.

cheesemints

Smash88 said:
Crysis Warhead is worth it, IMO. Better engine, better graphics, different storyline, still action packed, and the multiplayer that comes with it, is like a game in itself. Of course this is all my opinion, so take that for what you will.

So you feel it is worth getting even if you have the original Crysis?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
either:

a:buy shattered horizon.

b:buy windows 7, then by shattered horizon.

c:buy a new video card, windows 7, then buy shattered horizon.

d:throw yourself down a well.

rohlfinator said:
Hopefully a lot of people pick up the Darwinia pack -- it's a fun game, and Introversion could use the support.
People on the fence should try the demo, they'll probably buy afterwards. Very cool concept, well executed.

Reno7728

speculawyer said:
So you feel it is worth getting even if you have the original Crysis?

If you enjoyed Crysis, you will LOVE warhead, it's more of the same, albeit with several of the same issues and lower production values, but still a fantastic package for the price.

However if you did not enjoy crysis, then this will do nothing to solve your issues with it imo

Won

I guess I will pass on Crysis. 20€ just can't compete with the other awesome stuff we had so far.

Getting Shattered Horizon and winia pack instead I guess.

mm04

Shit, I have not purchased a PC game in ages, but this sale has made me buy Torchlight and SF4 even though I have little time and a 360/PS3 backlog. I did just buy a HRAP3-SA, so I had to bite on SF4 to see what I've been missing. Can't go wrong at these prices.

Keyser Soze said:
Unless I am mistaken, I think this is the winner:

Hooray, a winner!

There was loads of people close this time though

Actually even though I would love a free game, Vehn posted right before me. He got two right. There might be another, but I haven't checked.

Owzers

Thinking about buying Darwinia for $2 and saving the extra dollar since i don't think i'd ever play Multiwinia. Anyone play Multiwinia?

Rur0ni said:
I bought everything. Everything.

But that is the thing about these daily sales . . . even with ALL the games, that cost what . . . $38, I think? Lower than the cost of a single new HD console game already heavily discounted at Amazon.

I'm kinda excited about Half-Life source . . . it has been years since I played HL and it will be cool to go back with even better graphics. OK . . . I know this is going to be offensive . . . but I can I use a game controller with HL Source?

Top Bottom