• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Baha

JudgeN said:
Stupid question can you change the path in which steam install games? My hard drive is getting full :lol

Yes but you'd have to reinstall steam onto the other hard drive. You can simply copy & paste your steam apps folder to the other drive when you're signed out of steam, uninstall steam, reinstall on the other drive and move the steam apps folder into the new folder. That way you don't have to re-download your games.

kswiston

DigitalSoul said:
Its sad that I'm (still) afraid to run Crysis on this computer lol. SFIV however, I might bite.

What are your system specs? I get 60FPS on my 720P TV set with almost everything maxed out in Crysis. On my 1600x900 monitor, I get maybe 35-40FPS. I have an Athlon X2 5600+ (2.9Ghz, dual core) with 8GB DDR2 1066 and a 1GB Radeon 4870. I'm running Win7 64bit.

You don't need a super computer to run Crysis. Especially on lower resolutions.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Is Crysis any fun? I have a competent GPU (HD4870) but the CPU is truly weaksauce (C2D 1.86). Will it run well? Is the game actually fun and not just graphics?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Cindres said:
MY Shattered Horizons guest passes are gone. No more PMs people :)

Well, i'm sorry for mine then. :p Anybody else has another? I'm really interested by the game. If only it had any sort of single player experience...

Boonoo

I've got 3 SH guest passes as well. PM your steam email.

Is Crysis any fun? I have a competent GPU (HD4870) but the CPU is truly weaksauce (C2D 1.86). Will it run well? Is the game actually fun and not just graphics?

It's a shitload of fun. Start on Delta difficulty to get the most out of it. The best way I've found to describe it is imagine that you're playing Metal Gear and that you actually get to be the badass super soldier that everyone says you are. Once you get a handle of what you can do with your super suit things really get fun.

Reno7728

Relix said:

Game is amazing, my first run was on all low settings and i loved it.

Also if (when?) you upgrade your rig it is beautiful to boot up and admire the beauty of your new creation - like i did yesterday :lol

crimsonheadGCN said:
Actually even though I would love a free game, Vehn posted right before me. He got two right. There might be another, but I haven't checked.

Crysis Max is not even showing up on my Steam Store, so I did not take it into consideration. I guess you are right. I will have a look through everything again

Rur0ni

Relix said:
Crysis is probably the 2nd best FPS I've played behind HL2. It's not for everyone though. It can be too open ended for some. Which they tried to correct with Warhead... but I felt Crysis was better. :p

Your GPU is sufficient, and I don't believe Crysis is very CPU dependent. Let others chime in. :p

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Volcynika said:
My Shattered Horizon guest passes all taken.

I think it's horrible, but a lot of people here seem to enjoy it. I enjoy most shooters, but I couldn't get into this.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Relix said:

crysis is loads of fun, vanilla or otherwise.

LOADS of fun, the playthrough is an experience IMO.

I want to buy crysis since i already own warhead on steam, but i'm not gonna shell out for the pack just cuz..

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Reno7728 said:
Game is amazing, my first run was on all low settings and i loved it.

Also if (when?) you upgrade your rig it is beautiful to boot up and admire the beauty of your new creation - like i did yesterday :lol

Rur0ni said:
Crysis is probably the 2nd best FPS I've played behind HL2. It's not for everyone though. It can be too open ended for some. Which they tried to correct with Warhead... but I felt Crysis was better. :p

Your GPU is sufficient, and I don't believe Crysis is very CPU dependent. Let others chime in. :p

Will purchase then. This is all I needed!

Gonna try and do this through my Sprint phone since my ISP registers as PR and Steam geo locks me.

Struct09

Crysis and Darwinia for me today. They *almost* got me with SFIV, but I already have it for 360, and SSFIV is on the horizon anyway.

Keyser Soze said:
Crysis Max is not even showing up on my Steam Store, so I did not take it into consideration. I guess you are right. I will have a look through everything again

From what I could tell, only Vehn was before me. Some people guessed Crysis, but didn't specify whether it was the original Crysis, Crysis Warhead, or the package.

Volcynika

Ok, I have another friend that got Shattered Horizon, so I have three more guest passes to give. First come first serve! PM me your Steam associated email

Javaman

Zzoram said:
Buy Crysis® Maximum Edition $13.59 USD

No sale on individual components of pack, very annoying for those who already have 1 game.

Steam has been doing that BS since the beginning. I passed on the awesome $50 THQ pack since I already owned 1/2 the games. They didn't discount the individual games, prorate already owned ones or give extra copies for previously owned ones. Any of those would make these deals so much better.

Relix said:

Its one of the best FPS titles of the last decade, the thinking man's shooter. I'd recommend OCing that CPU but it should still run pretty good. An utter bargain at that price for the pair.

Tpday's deals are just God damn ridiculous, definitely the best yet. I'll be getting HL: Source and Shattered Horizon and seriously want SF IV just trying to justify the cost as I'm so broke. At £1.19, Darwinia looks a no brainer as well and if I didn't already own them both there'd be no way to ignore that Crysis deal.

Zzoram

I find my HD4870 can't quite max the game (Warhead), and it's annoying. I have a 3GHz C2D.

It can run around mostly 30fps at max, (never use AA in Crysis/Warhead, it ruins the jungle) 1680x1050, vsync on, but it dips a lot.

Turning a few things down to High instead of Very High helps to stabilize the framerate though. I never tried turning off vsync but I'd imagine that might help a bit too.

That said, Crysis seems to have been designed to play excellently at 30fps. It's the dips that annoy me.

Tokubetsu said:
Do you guys like space? Then stop asking, go buy Shattered Horizon! Seriously. You can't bitch about 5 bucks in zero g!

Shattered Horizon looks like the space battle in the James Bond movie Moonraker . . . is that a fair description of it?

dejan

Since I already own SFIV and Crysis (Warhead) it's Shattered Horizon for me only. But I'm gonna gift SFIV to a friend.

Vehn is indeed the winner and wins a $20 game(s):

vehn said:
1. Mass Effect
2. ARMA 2
3. Street Fighter IV
4. Fallout 3 GOTY
5. Crysis: Maximum Edition
6. Borderlands

crimsonheadGCN, can have a $10 worth of game(s) for coming second (but mostly as an apology for me been stupid)

crimsonheadGCN said:
1. Medal of Honor: Airborne
2. Street Fighter IV
3. ArmA II
4. Shattered Horizon
5. F.E.A.R.2: Project Origin
6. Borderlands

If you want to PM your Steam ID's / email, and what game(s) you may want then that would be great. If you want to hold back for a game further down the line that is okay too.

Jirotrom

Terrifyer said:
So I guess it comes down to Shattered Horizon or SFIV. Is SFIV worth playing with just a 360 controller?
best fighter ever made with a superior port for 10 bucks... yea... its worth it. How is multiwinia?

Rur0ni

cramcakes said:
Crysis pack is tempting... but the Securom notice is right there on the page. Is the Steam version less intrusive?
Still supposedly 5 machine activations, I assume you can call and get it reset if you reach that threshold. Verify.

woodchuck

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but does Half Life: Source have 360 controller support? I have a really cramped Laptop, and using the keyboard for FPS is a pain in the ass.

Top Bottom