• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Zachack

Firestorm said:
Well EA should know they would have made another $14 today then!
Except they would have lost $14 from whomever wanted the other half that you gifted it to, and that's with a pretty straightforward bundle; more complex bundles like the THQ and Eidos bundles would result in people buying the bundle only to resell components of the bundle.

Spy

I have two Killing Floor and three Shattered Horizon guest passes. PM me your e-mail if you want either or both.

Crysis has the SecureROM limit machine installation, right? You cannot revoke a machine, so you can install it only 5 times? If that is true, I will pass.

Rur0ni

Chiaroscuro said:
Crysis has the SecureROM limit machine installation, right? You cannot revoke a machine, so you can install it only 5 times? If that is true, I will pass.
Others mentioned a revoke tool. Haven't tested myself.

Ok this problem already effects at least 3 games I got on steam. Namely, Kotor, Max Payne 1/2. Every time the game gets to the main menu it drops to the desktop. The game is running but every time I try to restore the game it drops back to the desktop except for some reason every once in a while it will stay in full screen and work without a problem. I got around this problem with kotor by just playing it in windowed mode but I have no idea what to do with max payne games.

Proc

I didn't like Warhead as much as the original but it was still enjoyable.

It must be worth it to so many lucky pc gamers who get to stress out their awesome inexpensive rigs.

Minsc

Gold Member
Lostconfused said:
Ok this problem already effects at least 3 games I got on steam. Namely, Kotor, Max Payne 1/2. Every time the game gets to the main menu it drops to the desktop. The game is running but every time I try to restore the game it drops back to the desktop except for some reason every once in a while it will stay in full screen and work without a problem. I got around this problem with kotor by just playing it in windowed mode but I have no idea what to do with max payne games.

I had no problems with Max Payne 1 or 2, KOTOR I had to disable desktop composition to get to run.

Minsc said:
I had no problems with Max Payne 1 or 2, KOTOR I had to disable desktop composition to get to run.
Well apparently that's what I have to do to be able to play the games.

Edit:Well thanks for the help since this was clearly the problem and it would be pretty difficulty to find the answer with google. At least now I guess I can just check it in the compatibility options.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
crysis is acting pretty funny. I figured out the issue I was having with the mouse and keyboard, but now all the enemy characters are sliding around and barely noticing me.

lowered my settings and that didnt help. Anyone have a suggestion or know how to fix this?

NG28

Is it weird that I can run Crysis on 1024x768 with medium setting but Dark Athena will only run smoothly at 800x600?

atomsk

Party Pooper
was going to buy Crysis, but then checked that The Lost World mod is now scheduled for 2012. =(

my wallet can rest easy for another day

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just a quick question for those who bought shattered horizon. What was the download size?

Zozobra

Grrrr, my Crysis is messed up.

I start up the game and first off, my mouse cursor doesn't highlight whatever I have it hovering over, for example in the main menu I'll have the cursor over the 'Options' box and it'll have the 'Mods' box highlighted. Weird.

When I manage to get into the resolution settings, if I try and apply a change or have the game auto-detect settings, Crysis simply freezes and stops working. This is a pretty new computer and this hasn't happened with any other game I've run. Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64-bit
Phenom II X4 940
ATi Radeon 4870 HD - all drivers up to date.

Also, I don't need to have this Gamespy Comrade installed to play this, do I?

Proc

kennah said:
Is there any good reason that I shouldn't buy everything today? :S

I approve of everything, and the ones I don't own (SH, SFIV, and Medieval 2) I'm buying.

I'm not expecting much from M2, but for $5 I think I need to check it out.

Zozobra said:
Grrrr, my Crysis is messed up.

I start up the game and first off, my mouse cursor doesn't highlight whatever I have it hovering over, for example in the main menu I'll have the cursor over the 'Options' box and it'll have the 'Mods' box highlighted. Weird.

Turn on Vertical Sync to fix the problem. Might need to turn it off and then back on if it does it again in the future.

When I manage to get into the resolution settings, if I try and apply a change or have the game auto-detect settings, Crysis simply freezes and stops working. This is a pretty new computer and this hasn't happened with any other game I've run. Any thoughts?

Windows 7 64-bit
Phenom II X4 940
ATi Radeon 4870 HD - all drivers up to date.

Download MSVCR80.dll and replace the one found in the Crysis/Bin32 folder

Also, I don't need to have this Gamespy Comrade installed to play this, do I?

No, you don't need it installed.

Dennis

Banned
Play Crysis on Delta!!!

You can just temporarily lower the difficulty to Normal if a section becomes too frustrating.
Trust me on this - the game is so much more tense and you are also forced to utilize your nanosuit rather than just run-and-gun.

causan

You now own Darwinia, Multiwinia.
You now own Street Fighter IV.
You now own Medieval II: Total War.
You now own Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis Wars.
You now own Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization.
You now own Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.
You now own Mirror's Edge.
You now own STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl.
You now own Trine.​

:D

eznark

Banned
I already have Crysis/Crysis Warhead. Is this one of the games I can just register the serial with? Would probably make it easier to play Wars.

kennah

speculawyer said:
Not really. :D

Says the little devil on every's shoulder.
I hate you guys :lol If I buy all these games I can't afford to upgrade my computer enough to play them! (Q6600, 4850, 2gig667)

Dennis

Banned
causan said:
You now own Darwinia, Multiwinia.
You now own Street Fighter IV.
You now own Medieval II: Total War.
You now own Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Crysis Wars.
You now own Sid Meier's Civilization IV, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization.
You now own Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne.
You now own Mirror's Edge.
You now own STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl.
You now own Trine.​

:D
:lol Just a ridiculous amount of high-quality gaming hours in that list. Congrats :D

IceMarker

DennisK4 said:
Play Crysis on Delta!!!

You can just temporarily lower the difficulty to Normal if a section becomes too frustrating.
Trust me on this - the game is so much more tense and you are also forced to utilize your nanosuit rather than just run-and-gun.
My issue with high difficulty settings in FPS's is if this will create a situation where I'm going to die instantly every time I even look at an enemy, which will turn me off.

Dennis

Banned
Eh, No?

Its is hard, but not THAT hard. Like I said, it makes the game tense. Sweaty palms tense.

Try on Delta for God's sake. You can turn down the difficulty any moment you like.

Crysis on Delta isn't that hard if you know how to utilize your cloaking ability. It's probably the easiest, hardest game mode I've played in recent memory.

Cheeto said:
Did I miss a daily deal on Left 4 Dead 2?

It was $33.49 instead of the $37.49 it is now.

Salaadin

Maybe im an idiot but I cant find this option. Is there anyway to create folders within the Steam games list so I can separate them into my own listings or am I stuck with "Favorites", "Installed" and "Not Installed"?

I was trying to buy Crysis and Darwinia/Multiwinia but my credit card no longer seems to work on Steam. It wasn't giving any trouble before. My other card suddenly fails to work too. Frustrating. :(

MrMister said:
My issue with high difficulty settings in FPS's is if this will create a situation where I'm going to die instantly every time I even look at an enemy, which will turn me off.

same here...I hate it when ramping up the difficulty means that every enemy instantly becomes a crackshot incapable of missing.

Salaadin said:
Maybe im an idiot but I cant find this option. Is there anyway to create folders within the Steam games list so I can separate them into my own listings or am I stuck with "Favorites", "Installed" and "Not Installed"?

There's currently no way to create your own lists. That should change once Valve releases their big UI update in the next few months.

Salaadin

crimsonheadGCN said:
There's currently no way to create your own lists. That should change once Valve releases their big UI update in the next few months.

Thanks.

Ill learn to deal with it. Its not an issue right now but as this list grows, I think I might have issues.

Top Bottom