• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Just double dipped on Crysis for non-disc convenience. Too bad I didn't get a gift pass for Warhead since I already own it. Shatter Horizon is also mine.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Bought Multiwinia/Darwinia already, I'm in for Shattered Horizon, and I'm still on the fence for Crysis and SFIV.

Yeah, just take all my money Valve. It's not like I needed it for food or anything.

ZZMitch

Would I be able to run Crysis on medium-ish settings with these specs? It is a Mac running Windows 7...

Processor- 2.53ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory- 4GB
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

aznpxdd

ZZMitch said:
Would I be able to run Crysis on medium-ish settings with these specs? It is a Mac running Windows 7...

Memory- 4GB
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

What resolution? I doubt it though, your gpu is just too weak to handle Crysis at medium.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Just bought HL:Source. I don't know when I'll be building a new gaming PC, so I held off on Crysis. I'm also holding off on SFIV because of Super, even though the PC version has some neat skin mods.

honestly id buy it just in case....crysis that is. you dont want to miss out on this sweet deal later on when the only copy you can get is 50 bucks for each one of them.

wenis said:
honestly id buy it just in case....crysis that is. you dont want to miss out on this sweet deal later on when the only copy you can get is 50 bucks for each one of them.
Eh... you're probably right. I'll think on it for a few hours and see if I want to pull the trigger.

Tomasooie

brain_stew said:
Anthology, actually scrap that, just buy this instead:

http://www.g2play.net/store/Counter-Strike-1.6-8-GAMES-Steam-Key.html

You'll get Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, Ricochet and Deathmatch Classic throw in and it'll save you a few dollars to boot. Just enter the code into Steam, works fine.
Is that site alright? Just looked them up and they seem kind of shady -- selling keys? There's also evidence of them selling some illegally acquired keys. Not sure if I want to support them...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Firestorm said:
No. I heard it's pretty crappy. Might as well play Black Mesa once it's out. What's another year on top of 11?
Gexecuter said:
I am gonna say no, from what i have been hearing it's only some stuff that has been changed from the original so it's not worth it. You are better off waiting that black mesa source gets released soon.
Ah, I see. I've actually played Half-Life before but I was wondering if there was any substantial improvements or anything. Apparently not! Thanks! :)

noisome07

Banned
Tomasooie said:
Is that site alright? Just looked them up and they seem kind of shady -- selling keys? There's also evidence of them selling some illegally acquired keys. Not sure if I want to support them...

If you're even a little hesitant, don't do it.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Did they raise Crysis's price??

$13.59 Charge Crysis Complete (NA)
Purchased for this account31 Dec 2009

That's when I purchased through my phone since in Puerto Rico Steam is starting to geo-lock. My phone uses Sprint so it goes through US servers and Steam detects as an USA ISP and let me buy. Earlier I couldn't see the game in the Steam homepage, but strangely NOW i can.... but I see "Crysis Complete Edition 20.38" in the homepage, about 6 bucks more.

Huh?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Gully State said:
Perfect timing for Crysis to go on sale. My 5850 is coming next week...It's scary how fast you can buy games on steam...
You can buy a game in literally 3 clicks. It is almost too easy.

Parham

Banned
Relix said:
Did they raise Crysis's price??

$13.59 Charge Crysis Complete (NA)
Purchased for this account31 Dec 2009

That's when I purchased through my phone since in Puerto Rico Steam is starting to geo-lock. My phone uses Sprint so it goes through US servers and Steam detects as an USA ISP and let me buy. Earlier I couldn't see the game in the Steam homepage, but strangely NOW i can.... but I see "Crysis Complete Edition 20.38" in the homepage, about 6 bucks more.

Huh?

It is still showing up as $13.59 on the website.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
How does Shattered Horizon run for everyone? I'm only rock'n a 512mb 4830 Ati card. That's a descent card, but this is a futuremark game which makes me think it needs beastly specks.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
azentium said:
It is still showing up as $13.59 on the website.

What the.......

Guess they are selling at a higher price to us, and I purchased it for that price, not $20, makes me a bit nervous about Steam banning me or something. >_>

ZZMitch

aznpxdd said:
What resolution? I doubt it though, your gpu is just too weak to handle Crysis at medium.

I am pretty sure it would be 1680 x 1050 max or anything 16 x 10.. I am not at home to check. The recommended specs on steam say 2.2ghz... seems a little low however, even for a PC gaming newbie such as myself :lol

Q8D3vil

im getting shattered horizon + rainbow 6 vegas now

im thinking about buying cryostasis from gamersgate , hows their service comparing to steam ?!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Relix said:
Guess they are selling at a higher price to us, and I purchased it for that price, not $20, makes me a bit nervous about Steam banning me or something. >_>
Crysis Pack is 13,xx in the US, 20,xx in South America (at least).

Truespeed said:
I just grabbed the revoke tool for my copy of GTA IV on Steam and it picked it up right away:

2cnk2nk.jpg

Eh, it's not really helpful. I remember it not working for crysis specifically but it worked for warhead. I bought it anyhow but I remember that being a big problem no one could verify one way or the other when it was on sale for $30 a month or so ago.

One pass for shattered horizon left.

Polk

Tomasooie said:
They're legit keys. Keys are from Eastern Europe and/or Asia. It's probably shady grounds buying those keys (I think Valve could suspend your account for breaking eula or something)

ZZMitch

wenis said:
2 more shattered horizon passes and the hl2/episode 1 games still available.

hl2/episode 1? For Free? I will take it if that is what your are saying....

edit: nvm, you want to trade... disregard my post :p

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Polk said:
They're legit keys. Keys are from Eastern Europe and/or Asia. It's probably shady grounds buying those keys (I think Valve could suspend your account for breaking eula or something)
They won't ban your account. They will either not care about it or remove the game from your list.

Well I wasn't planning on getting anything today, but I caved and got SFIV, the Crysis pack, and Half Life Source. Considering I've only bought two other things throughout the rest of the sale, I guess I've got more self-restraint than I thought.

Minsc

Gold Member
Did someone say to play Crysis on Delta difficulty for the first time? Seems a bit rough! Game looks like a ton of fun, I'll probably drop down to normal or hard, no cross-hair and not being familiar with anything makes it pretty hard!

Parham

Banned
Minsc said:
Did someone say to play Crysis on Delta difficulty for the first time? Seems a bit rough! Game looks like a ton of fun, I'll probably drop down to normal or hard, no cross-hair and not being familiar with anything makes it pretty hard!

I believe he said not to try it on Delta the first time.

Blizzard said:
About Crysis, if you're not good at FPS games I would NOT suggest starting out on Delta, but whatever. Even on normal in Crysis Warhead I was still frustrated by enemies instantly spotting me half a mile away and killing me in very short order, to the point where I couldn't really find a playstyle besides "be permanently invisible and snipe everyone, occasionally shotgunning people at close range". I only played a level or two though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hrm interesting sale day. I might just pickup shattered horizon, HL source (never played the original) multiwinia + darwinia as well. That's pretty much $10 too.

I own SF4 for PS3 but never bothered to really play it. $10 isn't bad for that .. but i don't think i need to double dip.

For those thinking about buying anything related to Steam from G2Play, Valve doesn't consider them an authorized reseller, so they'll either remove the games from the account or not offer any support if they determine where the keys were bought from. They don't actively search out for the keys though unless a publisher asks them to, such as Activision did recently.

Minsc said:
Normal or easy is probably where you should start. But people say that Delta is where the game really shines because the difficulty forces you to get more creative.

ZZMitch said:

Memory- 4GB
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Not worth the bother.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ok so I need to know what is up with my controls in crysis... i can't move my mouse and the only thing that works is the spacebar to bring myself up from the water.

any ideas on whats going on?

Tomasooie said:

Well I've used them before without any bother, bought that pack specifically as well. Payment is via Paypal. I'm not suggesting to buy MW2 or L4D2 from there or anything, but that $7 pack is fine.

Spy

I finally got a payment to go through, I made a new account and chose to pay via paypal rather than with my debit or credit card.

Top Bottom