• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Minsc

Gold Member
With the Crysis Pack, I have:

Crysis (~5GB)
Crysis - Warhead (~5GB)
Crysis Wars (~5GB)

Do I need to install Crysis Wars separate from Warhead? Is it really another 5GB for some multiplayer maps?

speculawyer said:
OK, several people are having problems. I'll buy for you if you paypal me. But I want to group together purchases for several people having problems. I'm scared that if I keep doing one by one, the number of transactions will set off the steam fraud alarms.

So PM if you need to buy something but can't due to lock-out . . .
I don't think you can gift multiple people with one set of purchases.

Tomasooie

Should I buy Half-Life Source or just get the Anthology (includes original Half-Life, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, and Team Fortress Classic)?

I've been looking into it, and it seems like the original version is preferred over the Source one.

Hurray! MW2 is finally off the top 6!

Shattered Horizon is currently outselling it by about 15:1 or more. Yay for PC gamers the world around. :D

Truespeed

Littlegator said:
Your serial is showing in the pic. Might want to remove it from your post.

No need. Looks like my honeypot didn't attract any bee's :D

33kep8k.jpg

For those worried about double-buying games in bundles, can you unbind the game from your Steam account before buying the bundle? I've never messed with that, but I know some people have talked about releasing the keys from Steam before reselling their games. Or does that only work with hard copies?

speculawyer said:
OK, several people are having problems. I'll buy for you if you paypal me. But I want to group together purchases for several people having problems. I'm scared that if I keep doing one by one, the number of transactions will set off the steam fraud alarms.

So PM if you need to buy something but can't due to lock-out . . .

PM sent.

Tomasooie said:
Should I buy Half-Life Source or just get the Anthology (includes original Half-Life, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, and Team Fortress Classic)?

I've been looking into it, and it seems like the original version is preferred over the Source one.

Anthology, actually scrap that, just buy this instead:

http://www.g2play.net/store/Counter-Strike-1.6-8-GAMES-Steam-Key.html

You'll get Counter Strike, Day of Defeat, Ricochet and Deathmatch Classic throw in and it'll save you a few dollars to boot. Just enter the code into Steam, works fine.

darkpaladinmfc said:
SF4 get! I feel dirty double-dipping with Super around the corner :lol. No console version of Super for me, I'll have to wait.

I'd be shocked if there isn't a PC release of Super later on, Capcom never seem to announce their PC versions till later on. So just pick up Super for $10 in Steam's 2010 Xmas sale! :D :lol

Truespeed

So I've done a 180 and I'm not sure I'll buy anything today:

Multiwinia + Darwinia - Played the Multiwinia demo and just did not like it
Shattered Horizon - No Single Player. MP only
Crysis - Not renting another game from SucRom
SF IV - Still deliberating.

Fireblend

Banned
Shattered Horizons obtained! SFIV looks tempting, but fighting games aren't really my thing, and I could never get into Crysis for some reason. Shattered Horizons, on the other hand, is amazing (got a guest pass some time ago) and the visuals are stunning. :D

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
alright so I have 3 passes for shattered horizon I can give out and copies of hl2 and episode 1 that i'd like to trade. if anyone is interested PM me :)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Man why the hell didn't they release a demo of Shattered Horizons!? I would have paid the full $20 for it if I had know it was this cool.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Should I get Half Life: Source? I noticed that I don't own it yet but I'm not sure if its worth it or not. Hmm, I'll have to give it some thought.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Otrebor Nightmarecoat said:
Whats the difference between the original Half Life and Half Life: Source?

Well Source is running on the Source engine which nets it a few innate "benefits", there is physics to the objects in the world now (though you can't pick them up or anything ala HL2) and the water looks better. Other then that it's graphically the same, plays the same, it's really really minor.

Parham

Banned
Tomasooie said:

There isn't much of a graphical leap from the original Half-Life to the Source remake. Furthermore, the game play is pretty much identical in both versions. With that in mind,
I would have to recommend getting the Half-Life Anthology, as it includes both Blue Shift and Opposing Force.

Brannon

My specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2.60 GHz)
4 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850
Windows Vista

and even though the Shattered Horizons website says that my rig would have trouble running it, I find that the game runs and looks great. Very nice game; now to get into some bigger matches.

I have guest passes as well. (Steam ID: Brannon)

Oh shit, only just noticed the Civilization Complete Pack from yesterday, what was the price on that? I got Civ IV + Beyond the Sword for $14 probably could've got the pack for around that price couldn't I?

Brannon

On an off-note, I wonder, when the sales are all over, how much money would've been made? Nickel here, dime there, it's gotta be adding up.

Parham

Banned
Orbitcube said:
Oh shit, only just noticed the Civilization Complete Pack from yesterday, what was the price on that? I got Civ IV + Beyond the Sword for $14 probably could've got the pack for around that price couldn't I?

Yesterday, they had the complete edition for $14.

zbarron

brain_stew said:
Have they launched the new maps yet, or are they still to come?

I bought:

HL: Source (its the only Valve title not on my list, had to be done)
Shattered Horizon (always planned to pick it up but too strapped for cash)
Street Fighter IV (way too cheap to pass up, an insane deal, my Saturn USB pad will be very happy!)
This is what I mapped SFIV to the Saturn Pad as. It works well other than I can't get the start button to pause, it is mapped to the right shoulder.
35c1s09.jpg

Firestorm

grandjedi6 said:
Should I get Half Life: Source? I noticed that I don't own it yet but I'm not sure if its worth it or not. Hmm, I'll have to give it some thought.
No. I heard it's pretty crappy. Might as well play Black Mesa once it's out. What's another year on top of 11?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
grandjedi6 said:

I am gonna say no, from what i have been hearing it's only some stuff that has been changed from the original so it's not worth it. You are better off waiting that black mesa source gets released soon.

Just bought HL:Source. I don't know when I'll be building a new gaming PC, so I held off on Crysis. I'm also holding off on SFIV because of Super, even though the PC version has some neat skin mods.

Top Bottom