• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

Think im set till Steam laughs at me with another daily deal:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Torchlight
Braid
Indigo Prophecy
World of Goo
The Void
Oddworld Pack
Time Gentlemen, Please & Ben Here, Dan That
Far Cry

And who can resist another copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R for $1.5?

Kuro Madoushi said:
:'(
caved and got eidos pack...

damn you GAF! damn you STEAM!

Just look at it as buy 1 get 19 free! Batman only launched a few months back and is easily worth the $50 fee, all the rest of the games in the pack are just a nice bonus! :D

The modern Tomb Raiders play great on PC, especially with a 360 pad, be sure to jump into them early on.

Edit: Damn, a lot of people seem to be picking up the Void, all be sure to play it first so I can get some impressions. :lol

I caved and picked up all three titles!

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack
The Void
Samorost2

PC gaming is seriously where its at this year for me.

sub_zer0 said:
Need more unique and quirky games to fill my hunger.
I picked up And Yet It Moves for $4.99 thanks to the recommendations in the overlooked games thread yesterday. From messing around with it for the last half hour, it's pretty damn good. It has achievements, time trials and leaderboards and the artstyle is rather unique.

TheExodu5

Banned
Telltale Everything Pack
Rogue Trooper
Grand Theft Auto IV
STALKER Clear Sky
X3 Terran Conflict
The Void

BTW, buy Penumbra!

fushi

Does the Steam edition of The Witcher: EE include all the bonus stuff (making off videos and so forth)?

vocab

Ya, that Telltale pack is a serious deal. It's super worth it if you like adventure games, but since I own a good portion of that pack directly from Telltale, it really isn't worth it.

PuppetSlave said:
Do you have Audiosurf? At the price it is right now... Not buying it could be considered a war crime. Your not a war criminal are you?
One assumes that pretty much every Steam user had audiosurf installed at one point.

Spotless Mind said:
I picked up And Yet It Moves for $4.99 thanks to the recommendations in the overlooked games thread yesterday. From messing around with it for the last half hour, it's pretty damn good. It has achievements, time trials and leaderboards and the artstyle is rather unique.
Looks interesting, i'll check it out.

Strider2K99 said:
Damn, either Steam is getting hammered or my GTAIV doesn't want to download/install. :/
Im stuck on the checkout, refuses to process my payment :\

So far I have picked up:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Deus: Ex

I am considering:
Altitude
Bioshock
Torchlight
The Void

iD super pack (if it had the new wolfenstein i'd be sold but really the only reason i'd buy this is for collection purposes cause I dont really see myself ever going back and playing anything on it)
unreal pack (this one would be more for convience than anything, i'd like to have all 3 unreal tournaments on my steam account but i've already bought all 3 of them at one point so I probably wont double dip on this one)
Plants vs Zombies
Aquaria

I will buy if they go on sale:
Crysis: Maximum edition
Modern Warfare 2

Cohsae

OK if any wonderful person from America (or any other country that can buy it) could gift me Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 it would let me play it here in Australia right? Because it looks like it isn't available here.
I think it's $10 so if some nice person could PM me we could sort out a bit of exchange and I'll gift you a $10 game in return (at a quick look some of the other $10 games are Torchlight, Killing Floor, the Jedi Knight collection among others).
If anyone's willing PM me your steam name and I'll add you and we'll sort it out.

Acidote

Meh, I'm not interested in anything on this sale :lol

Stalker is the only one I find interesting, and since I know I'm not playing it...

I'll check again when the counter hitz zero.

scotcheggz

Bloody hell, this is some kind of crazy delight. I have such a huge backlog right now though!
Bought Braid and Lucasarts adventure pack for £3.48p for now. Will be back for more!

I feel like I've robbed them though :lol

SmZA

I'm confused. Is it a good or bad thing when I've bought so many of these games on special since the last Christmas sale that there's nothing on there now that jumps out as a must-buy?

Good thing I'm broke.

TheExodu5

Banned
Om3ga said:
Lol... so now i have to spread my DL cap around D:. Fuuuu Rogers and their capped internet!

Same here.

I'm at 83GB/95GB so far, and I've got another 10 days to go before my cap resets. It's gonna be hard.

I want their $70 25mbit 125GB service, but it's not available here just yet. :(

bigswords

TheExodu5 said:
Same here.

I'm at 83GB/95GB so far, and I've got another 10 days to go before my cap resets. It's gonna be hard.

I want their $70 25mbit 125GB service, but it's not available here just yet. :(

What country has bandwidth caps other than Australia?

bigswords said:
What country has bandwidth caps other than Australia?
I think some ISP's have bandwidth caps now. Gonna pick up empire total war now and wait on the rest to see what sorta deals come down. Id REALLY like a risen deal.

KillerAJD

Strider2K99 said:
Damn, either Steam is getting hammered or my GTAIV doesn't want to download/install. :/
Just in case you haven't tried it yet, restart Steam and try downloading it again. It was stuck at 0% for a good half hour for me before I tried that, and now it's moving along at a cool 2MB/s+

hamchan

GodfatherX said:
i am down t just my mac as my pc mobo got fried

Buy the games cheap now while you still can. Plus STALKER is a good game anyways and even if you end up disliking it be satisfied that it only cost you $2.

bigswords

TheExodu5 said:

Goddamn it, I feel for you seriously. These bastards already taken your money monthly and now they wish to put a download cap.

But at least it's 80 gigs... that's rather decent ...

But you have maple syrup and kenny vs spenny (damn I love that idiotic show).

Onward download more games from steam my superior PC brothers!!!

The_Dude

TheExodu5 said:
Wow, good man! Totally underrated and underappreciated game.
Yeah, I've heard a lot of positive impressions and have been meaning to get it for ages now. Can't play it for a few days because of my damn bandwidth cap, though.

Scipius

For those of you that bought STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl during this or a previous sale and liked it, STALKER: Clear Sky is 50% off as well (€4.99, presumably around $5).

Though a lesser game (an expansion after all), it is still worth it at that price, if only for some of the new areas and to get a better idea of what Call of Pripyat will be like compared to SoC. An ideal chance to complete your STALKER collection.

hamchan

bigswords said:
Goddamn it, I feel for you seriously. These bastards already taken your money monthly and now they wish to put a download cap.

Australia here and my limit is 36gb :(

Hopefully will update to 120gb soon though.

Guys, how hardcore do i have to be to play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising? It looks interesting in the videos on youtube but that giving orders stuff looks hardcore to me.

It's as if a million wallets cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced, by the Steam Christmas Sale. Here's my haul;

Beyond Good & Evil
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
The Dig
Freedom Force
Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich
Grand Theft Auto IV
Heroes of Might & Magic V
Heroes of Might & Magic V: Hammers of Fate
Heroes of Might & Magic V: Tribes of the East
Hitman: Codename 47
Hitman 2: Silent Assasin
Hitman: Blood Money
Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis
Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
Indigo Prophecy
Jade Empire
King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown
King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne
King's Quest III: To Heir is Human
King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella
King's Quest V: Absense Makes the Heart Go Yonder!
King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride
Loom
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Unreal Gold
Unreal II: The Awakening
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004
Unreal Tournament 3
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Total cost = £70.09

Goddamn.

trinest

bigswords said:

Its better then paying for speed.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Om3ga said:
Lol... so now i have to spread my DL cap around D:. Fuuuu Rogers and their capped internet!

I know how you feel mate, I'm from the UK and my isp has already sent me three bandwidth warnings already, I've purchased a stack of games this month and can't even download them until my cap is reset at the begging of Jan :-(, seriously, isp's really need to sort this shit out, what with DD and IPTV etc it's only going to worse.

lowrider007 said:
I know how you feel mate, I'm from the UK and my isp has already sent me three bandwidth warnings already, I've purchased a stack of games this month and can't even download them until my cap is reset at the begging of Jan :-(, seriously, isp's really need to sort this shit out, what with DD and IPTV etc it's only going to worse.

There's plenty of ISPs in the UK that offer effectively "unlimited" bandwidth, time to change ISP I reckon.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
brain_stew said:
There's plenty of ISPs in the UK that offer effectively "unlimited" bandwidth, time to change ISP I reckon.

Yeah, 'effectively', my service is 'unlimited' but in the T&C's it's limited to 40gb, if you want true unlimited BB in the UK it's costs a fortune in rural areas.

Daigoro

Scipius said:
For those of you that bought STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl during this or a previous sale and liked it, STALKER: Clear Sky is 50% off as well (€4.99, presumably around $5).

Though a lesser game (an expansion after all), it is still worth it at that price, if only for some of the new areas and to get a better idea of what Call of Pripyat will be like compared to SoC. An ideal chance to complete your STALKER collection.

agreed. i loved the first one so much that im going to buy Clear Sky out of loyalty and in prep for Pripyat.

lowrider007 said:
Yeah, 'effectively', my service is 'unlimited' but in the T&C's it's limited to 40gb, if you want true unlimited BB in the UK it's costs a fortune in rural areas.

Well I've used two "unlimited" services (Sky and BT) and regularly used 200GB+ bandwidth a month without any warnings or throttling. Heck considering there was 6 of us sharing that Sky line I wouldn't be surprised if it passed half a terabyte some months. Maybe try one of them?

You're not with Talk Talk are you?

Dynoro

lowrider007 said:
I just swapped to pipex and they have given me unlimited - i've downloaded about 150gb through steam this month and no warnings yet

koji

Sweet, Tropico 3 for €20.00, picking it up tonight! :D (thinking bout picking up GTA4 as well... sweet deals...)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The telltale complete pack worth it? even if i'm only really interested in tales of monkey island.

Top Bottom