• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Sale 2009 Begins! (Dec 22nd - Jan 3rd)

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Mrbob said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Fallout 3 goty at a nice discount either. I went through it on xbox, would love to play it again with everything maxxed out.

Also, I am hoping for some sort of dawn of war sale. I still need soulstrom to finish out my dawn of war collection, 75 percent off would be nice!

That Crysis pack is definitely worth it at 13 bucks. What a steal. I would grab it, but I already own the game on disc and you don't need them to play the game. Well, technically you do for Crysis but you can find a no cd patch. Warhead does online activation and doesn't require a disc at all once everything is done.

No disc patch? I bought the Maximum edition with the 3 games in it and its a pain in the arse having to keep the disc in.

NinjaFridge said:
No disc patch? I bought the Maximum edition with the 3 games in it and its a pain in the arse having to keep the disc in.

Can't really be linking those sort of sites on here, but a simple google search will bring up the right results.

Mrbob

Well it is technically more of a hack than a patch, but it works fine.

I don't see a problem using it either since you legally own the game. Give yourself some convenience, google crysis no cd patch.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
brain_stew said:
Can't really be linking those sort of sites on here, but a simple google search will bring up the right results.

Would it be the daemon tools thing? Been meaning to do that for a while now.

FRIENDLY REMINDER:

dgkns5.jpg

Buy it bitches!!

Mrbob

Most definitely. Outrun 2006 and Defense Grid have been my two favorite guilty pleasure purchases from this entire holiday sale.

Outrun even autodetects my wired 360 pad for ease of use fun gameplay.

luiztfc

I have a doubt. Yesterday, I bought SFIV and steam gave me the cd key so that I'd be able to activate it. But, why can't I have my other games' keys? Is there a way to do it.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Was Batman: AA already a daily?

No, but its part of the Eidos pack with 19 other (mostly awesome) games for $50. Unless you own a bunch of them games already, you're not going to get a better deal than that.

Mrbob

luiztfc said:
I have a doubt. Yesterday, I bought SFIV and steam gave me the cd key so that I'd be able to activate it. But, why can't I have my other game's keys? Is there a way to do it.

You can right click on any game you have in steam game list and choose the option to view the cd key. Most games don't require you to put them in when they start.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
brain_stew said:
FRIENDLY REMINDER:

Outrun 2006
Buy it bitches!!
I own it retail and I am still tempted to get the Steam version, so much fun.
MrCompletely said:
what are the chances that Modern Warfare 2 will be a daily before this thing is over?
Between nil and less than that.

Stop It said:
I own it retail and I am still tempted to get the Steam version, so much fun.

You can never have enough Outrun 2 in your life, really. I own versions for the Xbox, PC and 360. The Steam release is definitely the definitive version, most content and the best graphics (by some margin) make it irresistible at its crazy low price. When I bought it off Steam it cost $23.50 apparently, new buyers are paying a 10th of that, no excuses.

Random noob question and not really the right place to ask but in Street Figther IV when it has "charged" on the move list can someone tell me what that means? :lol

Spent a good 10 minutes trying to get Chun Li to do her special but she was having none of it.

randomlyrossy said:
Random noob question and not really the right place to ask but in Street Figther IV when it has "charged" on the move list can someone tell me what that means? :lol

Spent a good 10 minutes trying to get Chun Li to do her special but she was having none of it.
Hold backwards for about a second then press forward and hit the button (Kick or punch). You can 'charge' while jumping, doing a special, or anything else.

randomlyrossy said:

Isn't that where you hold it in that direction for like 2 seconds or something? If it's like charged <- then you hold back for a second or two instead of just going to the next movement.

Jenks

Banned
Excellent didnt realise Outrun coast 2 coast was in the sale and so cheap.
Im hopeing for Oblivion and Fallout 3 GOTY editions.

Moobabe

DanDeschain said:
Hoping for a Witcher deal today.

It isn't that expensive now, buy it you fool!!! Just picked up multiwinia, I would have got shattered horizon too if I had a hope of running it.

joesmokey

brain_stew said:
FRIENDLY REMINDER:
Forgot about this one, finally decided to buy it.

After much deliberation I don't think I'm going to pickup Crysis Maximum Edition. Already played through Crysis and don't really have time for Warhead right now.

Man, Shattered Horizon looks and plays like it's right up my alley. Too bad it runs like hot dogshit.

Even dropping down to 720p and leaving everything at balanced or lower gives me massive frame drops below 30fps. That's a shame. Oh well. GG Futuremark.

Maybe I'll buy it somewhere down the line.

darkpaladinmfc said:
Hold backwards for about a second then press forward and hit the button (Kick or punch). You can 'charge' while jumping, doing a special, or anything else.
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Isn't that where you hold it in that direction for like 2 seconds or something? If it's like charged <- then you hold back for a second or two instead of just going to the next movement.

Cheers guys, will see if I can actually get any good at it now.

It's a really good version of the game too, had a few random online games and they were 100% lag free, fantastic stuff. Game looks great and run buttery smooth. Loving this sale.

gregor7777 said:
Man, Shattered Horizon looks and plays like it's right up my alley. Too bad it runs like hot dogshit.

Even dropping down to 720p and leaving everything at balanced or lower gives me massive frame drops below 30fps. That's a shame. Oh well. GG Futuremark.

Maybe I'll buy it somewhere down the line.

I had the same problem, my friend sent me a guest pass, but the game ran like absolute shit even with settings lowered it didn't run very well. It's why even at the low price I didn't buy it. Maybe when I get a lovely shiny new PC this year I'll buy it but I'd rather save my money while this sale is going on so I can buy stuff I will actually be able to play now.

Salaadin

I just finished The Witcher so now I have time for the other games I got.

What a game, though. There was never a dull moment. I pretty much loved every last minute of the game. I need the sequel now but there isnt even a solid release date set. :(

I dont know if I should start Torchlight or Crysis next.

Well, I double-dipped on SFIV. I figure I can go ahead and sell my 360 copy now before SSFIV comes out and get a few extra $.

What I'd like to see coming up would be:

- Fallout (If we see it it won't be cheap enough for me though ~$10)
- Elder Scrolls GOTY pack Deluxe ~$15.
- Bionic Commando Pack ~$15.
- Mass Effect for $5 would be cool, too.

On another note, I get tired of changing the birthday year every time I click on an M-rated game on the Steam store. You'd think they'd save this information and link it to your account somehow. I'm sure everyone else is like me and just changes the year so they can get to the next page. It's pointless. I'm sure it's a CYA move for them but they should save it somehow so you don't have to do it each time you restart the client.

randomlyrossy said:
I had the same problem, my friend sent me a guest pass, but the game ran like absolute shit even with settings lowered it didn't run very well. It's why even at the low price I didn't buy it. Maybe when I get a lovely shiny new PC this year I'll buy it but I'd rather save my money while this sale is going on so I can buy stuff I will actually be able to play now.

It kind of makes me mad, actually. I've never played anything like it. A truly original idea, and the visuals and audio are amazing. But I can't dumb the settings down enough to play well enough to compete.

My rig isn't anything great (4830 o/c'd > 4850, 2.66 c2d, 3GB), but I haven't run into a game I can't get running acceptably until now.

eznark

Banned
Anyone play 9th Company: Roots of Terror? They talked about it on Three Moves Ahead and it's on sale for $9.99 right now, thinking of picking it up. RTS about the Soviets v. Mujahideen made by Russian developer Noviv Disk? How can it be bad?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Yeah shattered horizon is really fun but i had to tune it down a little. It doesn't even look like it should be as graphically intensive as it is.

Mrbob

outsida said:
Sooo many games bought.... I'm typically frugal but these Steam deals bring the worst out of me.

Agreed. But remember most of these games are being bought at 50 to 80 percent off, so you are saving a ton of money as well. :D

The nice side benefit to this steam sale is I have lost my desire to buy many Q1 releases I planned on getting right away. I'll still get a couple (ME2, FF13, MLB 10 the show, and God of War 3 are mine) but the rest I will wait for significant price drops before picking up.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
Agreed. But remember most of these games are being bought at 50 to 80 percent off, so you are saving a ton of money as well. :D

The nice side benefit to this steam sale is I have lost my desire to buy many Q1 releases I planned on getting right away. I'll still get a couple (ME2, FF13, MLB 10 the show, and God of War 3 are mine) but the rest I will wait for significant price drops before picking up.
What?? No BC2? You son of a bitch.....

Smash88

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Yes, there was a winner yesterday. I meant to do another game today, but got on GAF to late to post to start the compo :(

Well it's never too late....I don't mind being the only entrant...:lol

I'll just go with my list from yesterday

Where IS EVERYONE!? Usually this thread is lively right before a new set of daily deals. Guess everyone is hungover or dead!

I'm getting that stupid bug where it won't let me find any servers. Shouldn't have purchased stupid Shattered Horizon. Waste of 5 bucks now.

Top Bottom